The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

My XT2 New Zealand showcase continues.

This one was snapped at Oakura in the north of the North Island at new years with the 16mm f5.6 1/680 iso200.

The Fuji system isn't perfect, the sharpening in lightroom does my head in, but the colours, well, they can't be matched. I'd take colour over sharpening any day of the week. This one is classic chrome. Shot in raw converted in lightroom.

1701_Oakura NY 16-17_120_web.jpg

Last edited:
Feeling a bit artsy today [well, yesterday at this point] - All XT-1 + 35mm f/1.4

First Cherry blossoms I've come across this year:
Spring blossom by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

One of the cats doing some kind of snail impression, but I liked her 'pose'
Catcoon by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

She got distracted then and discovered she is in fact, Batman!
Bat Cat by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Also grabbed a shot of this year's first rainbow [to me at least]
Feb Rainbow by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Great set of images Sir, liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Great set of images Sir, liking all of these very much.(y)

George.

Thanks :) after a frustrating session of trying to nail some birds in flight in the garden it was a pleasure to shoot stuff that didn't move at a billion mph :D

My XT2 New Zealand showcase continues.

This one was snapped at Oakura in the north of the North Island at new years with the 16mm f5.6 1/680 iso200.

The Fuji system isn't perfect, the sharpening in lightroom does my head in, but the colours, well, they can't be matched. I'd take colour over sharpening any day of the week. This one is classic chrome. Shot in raw converted in lightroom.

View attachment 96442

I think shooters get overly concerned with sharpening in general. The only ones who actually pixel peep to check are photographers themselves ;) Most general viewers will only ever look at the bigger picture

Another from yesterday. Seems to be a lot of b&w on this thread recently.

0578f24f83.jpg

It's because Fuji files work so well in B&W, I prefer how the blacks turn out over my old D800E. The Fuji files just seem to take better to bumping contrast

Another from yesterday. Seems to be a lot of b&w on this thread recently.

0578f24f83.jpg

That's one very nice shot Sir, good comp', great light, works very well in mono, with well controlled exposure giving good detail in the highlights & shadows.(y)

George.

As we seem to be showing quite a bit of mono work here's another one from me. Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of some folk sharing something amusing.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/170th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
That Was Funny-03095 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
As we seem to be showing quite a bit of mono work here's another one from me. Just a candid street style shot taken at Folkestone Kent of some folk sharing something amusing.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/170th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
That Was Funny-03095 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Stunning work George....! Great processing skills...!

Regards;
Peter

Last edited:
:)
Another from the weekend. Not quite my usual style, if indeed I have one, but I was just leaving the beach for the day when I saw this bunch of rocks, and couldn't resist waiting for someone to come along...

Fog walker
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Pretty minimalist but works for me :)(y)
I'm guessing ldealy it would have been better if it had been possible to have caught them walking into rather than out of the shot ? But I still really like it

Would work well in mono too :)

Thanks Robert, I did think I might give it a go in B&W. I did take others similar to this and converted, but I never seem to get the right balance........something else to practice:)

Thanks Robert, I did think I might give it a go in B&W. I did take others similar to this and converted, but I never seem to get the right balance........something else to practice:)
Have you tried the in camera raw converter?

Have you tried the in camera raw converter?

Errrr, not yet - still learning.

On the learning issue, I have used a polariser a couple of times and find I don't see the changes in the viewfinder as I did on my DSLR's optical viewfinder. Is this normal on mirrorless systems?

On the learning issue, I have used a polariser a couple of times and find I don't see the changes in the viewfinder as I did on my DSLR's optical viewfinder. Is this normal on mirrorless systems?
I don't know I'm new to mirrorless too and not used a polariser.

Are you shooting raw? If yes view image in camera it gives you a option to edit raw then use the film simulation and experiment with the b&w options. Fuji do a really good job of b&w on there own.

That's normal. It's because the evf will normalise the exposure. You'l see the effects of the polariser - reflections will fade, sky will become a touch more saturated - but the overall brightness will remain the same so you need to know what you're looking for.

Edit- You might be able to turn off "preview exposure in manual" to make the evf behave how you remember, but then you lose the whole "what you see is what you get".

Last edited:
Back