The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Errrr, not yet - still learning.

On the learning issue, I have used a polariser a couple of times and find I don't see the changes in the viewfinder as I did on my DSLR's optical viewfinder. Is this normal on mirrorless systems?
You should still see it. I used one briefly on a 27mm and did I'm sure but remember the effect will vary dependant upon light availability, direction and viewing angle (plus potentially the quality of the filter used).

:)

Pretty minimalist but works for me :)(y)
I'm guessing ldealy it would have been better if it had been possible to have caught them walking into rather than out of the shot ? But I still really like it
Thanks! And yes, I think you're right about that. :)

Errrr, not yet - still learning.

On the learning issue, I have used a polariser a couple of times and find I don't see the changes in the viewfinder as I did on my DSLR's optical viewfinder. Is this normal on mirrorless systems?
As others have said, you should still see it. Depending on how the camera is set up, and what angle you are shooting at, sky darkening may not be so obvious, but go somewhere with lots of reflections and it should be very clear (arf!). Either that or you've put the wrong filter on :)

Try a half press on the shutter while adjusting the polariser, it will never be as obvious as on a dslr but it's noticeable.

Well my replacement for the XT-10 should be arriving today, it's the XT-20 :D Very happy the body size is the same as I have an ArcaSwiss bracket and 5 batteries from the dead XT-10.
I've been toying with the idea of an X-Pro 2, but think I'd miss the flippy screen too much. The X-T20 may be just the ticket.

Steep walk???

After I found where I was supposed to be going, yes! No worse than a quarry incline I suppose, but you don't get any warm up approach, just straight into it!

Will you guys stop going there without me?
One day. Soon. Possibly. Maybe.

If it's any consolation I came back with a boot full of bog water, definitely something to do when there's a drought, not the day after a storm....

Well my replacement for the XT-10 should be arriving today, it's the XT-20 :D Very happy the body size is the same as I have an ArcaSwiss bracket and 5 batteries from the dead XT-10.
Is it shipping already!?

New toys !!!

GuoBbem.jpg

I should have expected this from WEX. So even though I paid for Saturday delivery WEX corporate didn't send out the camera or lens. So it'll be next week.

The size gap drops when you add the 35 and 23mm f1.4 into the equation. It's not really apples for apples above but I do agree the size difference on like for like is still pretty impressive!

The 35mm f1.4 is still tiny, is only something like 5mm longer. It's wider by 10mm but that isn't a dimension worth worrying about.

Really depends on how wide you shoot and if it's on full frame, but that's the compromise for the reduction in size and weight.

I had the 16mm for a few months but eventually decided it wasn't wide enough nor was it close enough for me. Beautiful fast and quiet lens but just an odd focal length for me.

Up step the 10-24 f4 and the 23 f1.4 (I also ditched the 56). I think I'm in love.

I'll talk a little about the 23 1.4 later this week but for now, here is a semi early morning snap with the XT2 and the 10-24 - Shot at 10mm 1/320 f11 iso200. This is Taupo Bay towards the very top of New Zealand's North Island. If you ever get a chance, its a great little spot. I shot this in raw and converted using the Provia lightroom profile. The great thing about the 10-24 is you don't actually need to sharpen - it's just so dam sharp (that said, I still pump the detail).

170206_AdamWortman_0090_web.jpg

OK, here's a bit of colour. Gors Fawr is the only surviving stone circle in Pembrokeshire, and well worth a visit, as much for the setting as for the circle itself, which is a modest affair. I think it's probably better on an overcast day like this then in the height of summer - most of the photos of the place on the web do it no justice, to my mind. A frosty morning would be best of all, but I haven't managed that yet! Easily accessed, and there's a convenient layby to park in with a footpath. Do take your wellies though, as "gors fawr" apparently means "great marsh" and it's a squelchy spot to say the least!

Rain clearing, Gors Fawr
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Been looking at your Flickr Chris and you're really making the K1 look like a fantastic camera. I'm ex-Pentax myself, so happy to see it shining in capable hands!

Cheers!! It really is a fantastic bit of kit.

wow --- that Pentax K1 looks impressive on paper.

;)

Its impressive in real life too!

I saw the K1 in Jessops yesterday whilst buying the X-T2.

Looks a beast.

It certainly is a beast!

A bit more from Gors Fawr. I think this is a useful shot for anyone wanting to establish whether the X-Transformer plugin helps Fuji cameras get good results with foliage. Maybe a D800E would do better, or even an X-T2, but I can't see a lot to complain about here. There's a 2000px version on Flickr if you click through.

Ancient guardian
by David Hallett, on Flickr

If I were to find an X-mount to Canon EF converter, I know that it would be manual focus, but would the aperture be wide open or stopped right down?

I'd like to stick my 300 f4 on the X-T2 to see what the results were like. I'm happy for it to be wide open as I'll probably be shooting wildlife.

If I were to find an X-mount to Canon EF converter, I know that it would be manual focus, but would the aperture be wide open or stopped right down?

I'd like to stick my 300 f4 on the X-T2 to see what the results were like. I'm happy for it to be wide open as I'll probably be shooting wildlife.

Wide open, you need a converter with inbuilt manual aperture, but these often don't make good bokeh

It's been a while since I tried this, but as far as I remember you can mount a lens on a Canon EF body, set your desired aperture, remove the lens whilst the body is still powered and mount it to your Fuji retaining the selected aperture. Can anyone confirm I've remembered this right?

It's been a while since I tried this, but as far as I remember you can mount a lens on a Canon EF body, set your desired aperture, remove the lens whilst the body is still powered and mount it to your Fuji retaining the selected aperture. Can anyone confirm I've remembered this right?
Correct

Back