The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

If anything mine would require grinding thinner! It will be interesting to see how it handles my incoming M42 adapter; either way it's not a problem as long as it focuses to infinity, which it surpasses!

If you grind it thinner, it will go even further past infinity :) Mine is the same, boo!

That's nice George. I really should use mine more often.

You've done well to catch them both with a foot off the ground (crucial to convey that they are infact walking). I particularly like the light around his upper half, really stands out against the darker background, almost looks like a bit of natural rim lighting.

Thank you kindly Sir, really appreciate your comments.(y)

"The feet off the ground was 100% luck, and the background foliage I darkened in PS when converting the shot to mono so as to make the upper half of the guy stand out a bit from the background"

George.

Hey Julian, just had a look at your web link there, many SUPERB hill climbing images there, the colours and content are Exquisite. Where they shot with the Fuji X system..?

Regards;
Peter

Hi Peter, which link is that? It's either going to be with Fuji or Canon :)

See above JJ

I think it's likely going to be shutter speed causing you issues. I'd go as high as the conditions allow so you can at least confirm/deny motion blur isn't an issue.

If you grind it thinner, it will go even further past infinity :) Mine is the same, boo!
Wot he said. But if you have no problems with rear element collisions, shimming it is probably more of a faff than is worth it. I only did it to get my Pentax-K 28mm 3.5 working on it.

Wot he said. But if you have no problems with rear element collisions, shimming it is probably more of a faff than is worth it. I only did it to get my Pentax-K 28mm 3.5 working on it.
Ah! I thought you had to shim to achieve infinity as well as element collisions. I only have one Pentax K lens - 50mm f1.7 - and don't intend to use it with the LT.

Ah! I thought you had to shim to achieve infinity as well as element collisions. I only have one Pentax K lens - 50mm f1.7 - and don't intend to use it with the LT.

Ah no, tis the other way around. It makes infinity appear where it should be rather than too early, if you get it right that is.

But that's funny you have no plans to use the nifty fifty. Being able to use one at night for effectively 35mm f/1.2 street shots is the main reason I have a LTII at all! I have no issues with the 50mm M 1.7, not sure about other versions.

Ah no, tis the other way around. It makes infinity appear where it should be rather than too early, if you get it right that is.

But that's funny you have no plans to use the nifty fifty. Being able to use one at night for effectively 35mm f/1.2 street shots is the main reason I have a LTII at all! I have no issues with the 50mm M 1.7, not sure about other versions.
Ah, I intend to use, probably, my Cosmogon 57mm for that! Either that or my Hexanon.

The jury seemed out as to which 23mm was better last time I had a Fuji.... What's the latest? Is the f2 better value at its price?
I sold my f1.4 in favour of the f2. I wasn't using the 1.4. The f2 is hardly off the camera. It just feels a better package. No quarrels with the IQ.

Hi Dave,

where did you get the LT in Pentax mount? I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find anywhere with them in stock.

Hi Dave,

where did you get the LT in Pentax mount? I've been looking for a while and can't seem to find anywhere with them in stock.
Actually I got it in EOS for maximum adaptability. Adding a PK-EOS adapter works OK, but i did find a quality adapter gave a more solid result.

Center Point.

This was a quick last night as I was rushing along to a talk.
Crouched down and shot without looking. Then nearly got trampled by a crowd of people.
processed with Silver Efex.

center point.jpg

if anyone's got a 55-200 lying about gathering dust and fancies an xpro1 with an MF 200mm, check my classified swap post ;)

You have to remember that unlike most "kit" zooms, the Fuji is built up to a quality (to deserve the XF label) rather than down to a price. As for the crop, well, advances made over the relatively short existence of digital sensors mean that the quality now available from even small sensors is not at all shabby! EXIF seems to have been either stripped or disabled but at a guess it's fairly low and even relatively high ISO shots show little noise if correctly exposed in camera (let alone what can be achieved with some judicious PP if required!)

Cheers Terry and Nod.

ISO 200. F8 I think

First good light since I got the camera and wanted to see what it was capable of.
A little fiddling Adobe Raw too.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken whilst on a walkabout. I just love the look of concentration on the elderly lady's face, totally engrossed in the conversation.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/680th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Conversation (2)-03072 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Just a candid street style shot taken whilst on a walkabout. I just love the look of concentration on the elderly lady's face, totally engrossed in the conversation.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/680th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Conversation (2)-03072 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Nice light, great expression.

Well I nipped into Calumet tonight to enquire as to availability on the X100F.... and walked out with an XT2 and 35 f2..... half price offer on the battery grip so had to add that too.... felt the XT2 was more flexible than the fixed lens of the X100F and not that much dearer oh and available!!
Looking forward to running this alongside my remaining Pentax K1 & 24-70 which will become my landscape workhorse but the XT2 for everything else.. now just need another couple of lenses!

Well I nipped into Calumet tonight to enquire as to availability on the X100F.... and walked out with an XT2 and 35 f2..... half price offer on the battery grip so had to add that too.... felt the XT2 was more flexible than the fixed lens of the X100F and not that much dearer oh and available!!
Looking forward to running this alongside my remaining Pentax K1 & 24-70 which will become my landscape workhorse but the XT2 for everything else.. now just need another couple of lenses!

That sounds like a good result in mu book Sir, "Congrat's & Enjoy".(y)

George.

That sounds like a good result in mu book Sir, "Congrat's & Enjoy".(y)

George.

Hehe we'll see, I'm not fully committing back and may well in the long run decide that I just keep the full frame gear with some primes but I wanted the chance to run them both against each other and make my decision. I think both systems do things well but sometimes the size of the K1 is a bit much.

Back