The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Told you I was on pills to ease the pain in my knee. They worked, but too well. I started moving my knee more than I have done for months. Trouble is my muscles had wasted and all the extra movement has shredded my calf muscles. Up and down stairs on my arris at present. Can't get out of the house at all.
And you think you have problems!!!!

I know these type of shots have been done many times before but never by me, so here's my take on it.:D
Its just a simple shot I did in my studio of an egg balanced on a couple of forks. Shot taken using three studio flash heads, each with a largish soft box fitted and a black paper backdrop.

X-T2, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash, Tripod.
Egg Balance-03572 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
I know these type of shots have been done many times before but never by me, so here's my take on it.:D
Its just a simple shot I did in my studio of an egg balanced on a couple of forks. Shot taken using three studio flash heads, each with a largish soft box fitted and a black paper backdrop.

X-T2, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash, Tripod.
Egg Balance-03572 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Classy shot George, very well done.

oh bubbles are fun

20170312-DSCF1257 by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

Thats a priceless expression Jonathan

By chance has anyone got a Samyang 12mm NCS CS Fuji fit lens they might be thinking of selling in the near future?

Thanks;
Peter

Hi Peter, I have a samyang 12mm I purchased from here, the mrs bought me a 10-24 and ive not used it since. keep meaning to advertise inthe sale section

Does anyone know where Samyang 12mm is in stock? I can't find any that isn't ebay.

Anyone use nikon to fuji adaptor and lenses,whats your experience with the combo.
Thanks

No problems whatsoever Sir, I only use a fully manual adapter that I got for a few bucks from fleabay. If you want to use Nikon lenses that do not have an aperture ring (ie G type lenses) then you need an adapter with a little button thing on the side to stop the lens down but I understand the aperture you get is guess work. If you do go for an adapter then make sure its one that allows infinity focus as not all of them do.(y)

George.

George uses a 105mm nikon and does extremely well with it.

Edit: bah, he beat me to it!

I do indeed Sir, I'll take that as a compliment, Thank You.:D:D(y)

George.

George uses a 105mm nikon and does extremely well with it.

Edit: bah, he beat me to it!
"Extremely well" is putting it mildly. He's a maestro. And I don't mean the Austin version.

No problems whatsoever Sir, I only use a fully manual adapter that I got for a few bucks from fleabay. If you want to use Nikon lenses that do not have an aperture ring (ie G type lenses) then you need an adapter with a little button thing on the side to stop the lens down but I understand the aperture you get is guess work. If you do go for an adapter then make sure its one that allows infinity focus as not all of them do.(y)

George.
Thanks George,do you happen to know offhand any particular make that meets those criteria,if not no sweat,i will do some research

"Extremely well" is putting it mildly. He's a maestro. And I don't mean the Austin version.

Well !! I honestly am very flattered Sir, "Thank You". I guess sometimes we just get a bit lucky.:D:D(y)

George.

Thanks George,do you happen to know offhand any particular make that meets those criteria,if not no sweat,i will do some research

I just went for the cheapest Sir, there doesn't seem to be any brand name on it. It just says Ai-FX but it is one with Metal Mounts which I should imagine is a bit more durable than the all plastic versions.(y)

George.

I just bought a Fuji to Nikon adapter at the photography show from SRB. Google SRB photographic. I've used them since the 80's. they do their own machining at they are top notch. £25 plus delivery. I just paid 20 [emoji2]

The 10-24mm is a cracking lens. Think I only took it off once in the last couple of days whilst up at Loch Lomond / Glen Coe.

Had a cracking time over the last few days on the TP Glen Coe meet. Here's a few of my edits completed so far (though admittedly more than some aren't actually in Glen Coe)!

Lone Tree
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

The Devil's Pulpit

The Devil's Pulpit II

Buachaille Etive Mor

River Coupall Waterfall

Loch Tulla

Dying to go back already and with it being an hour and a half away, it's silly not to!

Cheers

Ian

Back