The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

A few close ups of the garden blossoms, trying out the 16mm macro ring on the 35 1.4 on the XT-1.

Vibernum starting to sprout in the front, a non macro shot here: 35mm, ƒ/2.8
1/5800, ISO 200
Vibernum by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

A close up of the same plant using the 16mm macro ring: 35mm + 16mm macro, F4, 1/2700, ISO 200
Vibernum macro by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

A wee lone daisy after a rain shower: 35mm + 16mm macro, F4, 1/640, ISO 400
Daisy close up by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

A Fosythia bud about to bloom: 35mm + 16mm macro, F8, 1/400, ISO 800
Forsythia bud by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Last edited:
Had a cracking time over the last few days on the TP Glen Coe meet. Here's a few of my edits completed so far (though admittedly more than some aren't actually in Glen Coe)!

Lone Tree
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

The Devil's Pulpit

The Devil's Pulpit II

Buachaille Etive Mor

River Coupall Waterfall

Loch Tulla

Dying to go back already and with it being an hour and a half away, it's silly not to!

Cheers

Ian
Great set, i'll have to look at getting up there... Love the devils pulpit and the waterfall.

A few close ups of the garden blossoms, trying out the 16mm macro ring on the 35 1.4 on the XT-1.

Vibernum starting to sprout in the front, a non macro shot here: 35mm, ƒ/2.8
1/5800, ISO 200
Vibernum by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

A close up of the same plant using the 16mm macro ring: 35mm + 16mm macro, F4, 1/2700, ISO 200
Vibernum macro by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

A wee lone daisy after a rain shower: 35mm + 16mm macro, F4, 1/640, ISO 400
Daisy close up by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

A Fosythia bud about to bloom: 35mm + 16mm macro, F8, 1/400, ISO 800
Forsythia bud by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr
Really nice, must crack out my rings more often (giggity). The few times I have usually led to something great, not paired them much with the 35mm though.

Really nice, must crack out my rings more often (giggity). The few times I have usually led to something great, not paired them much with the 35mm though.

Cheers. Same here, do forget I have them at times.

Mine are the cheap as chips ones from amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014EV2HGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wonder is it worth getting the official Fuji ones? As mine refuse to fit onto any adapters, which is a shame because I'd love to try them with my MF lenses. For the money though, these ones do give you full AF, and all CPU data, just like the Fuji ones. They're just a bit fiddly to get on and off and like I say, don't seem to like adapters.

Last edited:

Mine are the cheap as chips ones from amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B014EV2HGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wonder is it worth getting the official Fuji ones? As mine refuse to fit onto any adapters, which is a shame because I'd love to try them with my MF lenses. For the money though, these ones do give you full AF, and all CPU data, just like the Fuji ones. They're just a bit fiddly to get on and off and like I say, don't seem to like adapters.

The Fooj rings won't be any different Sir, the way I use my MF (ie Nikon) lenses with tubes/rings is to put an Ai-FX adapter on the camera then a Nikon fit tube/ring on that and then the MF lens on the front of that. Obviously everything is manual or aperture priority exposure but TTL flash works a treat. Most of my Macro/Close-Up shots on this thread have been done using this set up.(y)

George.

No I just popped to MB World for a couple of hours to have a play with the XT-2, 50-140 + TC as i'm attending a motorsport event in a couple of weeks time and wanted to have a practice. Sadly not a lot going on on their small track but got some shots on the drifting circle.

Saw some lovely Mini's coming out of Brooklands.

DSCF0172 by ImageMaker, on Flickr

The Fooj rings won't be any different Sir, the way I use my MF (ie Nikon) lenses with tubes/rings is to put an Ai-FX adapter on the camera then a Nikon fit tube/ring on that and then the MF lens on the front of that. Obviously everything is manual or aperture priority exposure but TTL flash works a treat. Most of my Macro/Close-Up shots on this thread have been done using this set up.(y)

George.

It doesn't make any sense though. I mean, the adapter I have is M42 to Fuji X, the adapter fits perfectly on the camera mount, as does the macro ring. The macro ring attaches fine to Fuji lenses, you'd think the adapter would also fit onto the rings then?

It doesn't make any sense though. I mean, the adapter I have is M42 to Fuji X, the adapter fits perfectly on the camera mount, as does the macro ring. The macro ring attaches fine to Fuji lenses, you'd think the adapter would also fit onto the rings then?

Do the adapters not physically fit into the tubes then? That's bizarre. You could of course just buy some cheap M42 tubes if this is the case. Mine were a fiver i think.

Do the adapters not physically fit into the tubes then? That's bizarre. You could of course just buy some cheap M42 tubes if this is the case. Mine were a fiver i think.

Yeah, the Fuji X mount of the adapter won't fit to the rings, which is odd. Might just be the adapter I have, must have a search to see if anyone is trying same around online

Had a cracking time over the last few days on the TP Glen Coe meet. Here's a few of my edits completed so far (though admittedly more than some aren't actually in Glen Coe)!

Lone Tree

The Devil's Pulpit

The Devil's Pulpit II

Buachaille Etive Mor

River Coupall Waterfall

Loch Tulla

Dying to go back already and with it being an hour and a half away, it's silly not to!

Cheers

Ian
A great set. I specially love the Devil's Pulpit ones. Where is this?

Just tried my new Fuji to Nikon adapter with extension tubes and Nikon 50mm F1.8D

How big is the image and how little depth of field?

"We're gonna need a bigger tripod"

I have the same as you... they do fit my adapters... although everytime I use them I think I am going to break something as there is a point you have to go past to get them on...they come off easier.

Yeah, the Fuji X mount of the adapter won't fit to the rings, which is odd. Might just be the adapter I have, must have a search to see if anyone is trying same around online
i guess the tolerance on both are a bit out and the combo is just a step to far

Awful, noisy photo, but I finally got my shelf... :)

Lego%20Street_zpsbfgqt0f3.jpg

@G.K.Jnr.

George, is your Nikon micro lens the 105mm f2.8D?

I'm looking into getting one for my XT2 now I have the adapter.

Terry.

Indeed it is Sir, the non VR version and an extremely good optic it is too, even wide open.(y)

George.

K&F Concept are also pretty good.

I have a K&F concept adapter for Nikon to Fuji, but no Nikon lenses left to use it :D It was working great though with my sigma 150mm macro. But I never tried it with extension rings.

The M42 to Fuji adapter I have fits the 3 old MF lenses I own, and mounts to both the Xpro1 and the XT-1, which is why I'm puzzled. The macro ring fits both mounts also, but will not fit the adapter. Baffling. Oh well, it works great with the 35 1.4 anyway, and I get AF and all the cpu data so even at that it was worth the few quid. I might try a K&F m42 to fuji, nothing to lose really. If it still doesn't allow the M42 lenses fit the macro rings, I'll have an extra one to leave on one of the lenses anyway, for quicker switch overs.

"CHUFFED AGAIN" as this shot made "Flickr Explore" on the 18th March. Apparently it is the third snap of mine to make it within a month according to the link that @Cagey75 posted saying how to check it out. Bit like the buses really nothing for ages then three come along almost together.:D:D

Just a candid street style shot taken at Canterbury of a young man with his Guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/220th @ F6.4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (15)-03105 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

"CHUFFED AGAIN" as this shot made "Flickr Explore" on the 18th March. Apparently it is the third snap of mine to make it within a month according to the link that @Cagey75 posted saying how to check it out. Bit like the buses really nothing for ages then three come along almost together.:D:D

Just a candid street style shot taken at Canterbury of a young man with his Guitar doing a bit of street playing.

George.
Once again, you've captured the moment.

George.

Another great image George, really liking your street photography [emoji106]

Another great image George, really liking your street photography [emoji106]

Thank you Sir, I really appreciate your comments.(y)

"Unfortunately I don't get very much time for street photography which I love doing, and for me is a great way of chilling out away from work (that's not photography related)"

George.

Last edited:
Back