The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Excellent results :D

Many thanks :)

Glen, these captures are simply superb, just look at the RICH clean colours........Exquisite......woOow almighty.
Fuji do colours the BEST of any other camera system I know.

That's a fantastic combo the XT2/50-140, stunning work Sir.....!! High praise to you.

Regards - Peter
Scotland
APM Photography

Cheers Peter :)

Have worked for MSVR covering BSB for seven years and always used two Canon bodies up till the X-T2

Am now finding i use the X-T2 without a hesitation in pitlane but still not fully confident with it for track although im slowly coming round to using it more and more.

Still have a 1DX MKII and big primes but now use the X-T2 in place of another 1DX as a second body and the only thing i find it struggles with in comparison is auto white balance as it favours a warmer colour most the time over the Canon RAW's

One thing i can safely say is its very weather resistant after yesterday as it got fairly soaked at Donington and still works fine!

Couple with the new to me 70-200 on the X-T2 from the British Superbike test day.

i-BZS6dSD-XL.jpg

i-zcC4JfR-XL.jpg
Great shots !!

I'm very encouraged by this as i'm sponsoring and entering a car in the Toyota Sprint Series this year, my son is driving and i'm taking the pics with my XT-2 + 50-140, i've got the 1.4TC too if needed.

Of course having the equipment is one thing......if I can get anywhere near your standard i'll be pleased.

Couple with the new to me 70-200 on the X-T2 from the British Superbike test day.

i-BZS6dSD-XL.jpg

i-zcC4JfR-XL.jpg

Are you able to share the settings you used for these?
I'm guessing around 1/500sec, ISO 400 at f4?
Excellent shots and great colours.
Did they need much PP?

Peter what were you saying about making do with what you've got ;)
Haha........It's called 'forward planning', there's a local race track not far from us (Knockhill), so my idea is to eventually get a XT2 with power-grip, along with the XF100-400mm I recently bought and practice my Motorsport skills in the near future........ and wildlife also.

:)

That would be nice, but I only ever shoot RAW and like to do B&W from scratch. The update I'd more so like to see would be the base ISO improvement and the increased timer in program mode [up to 15 mins!]
Agreed. Though I do process in Silver Efex for b&w and the Acros film simulation is pretty nice there too imo.

Agreed. Though I do process in Silver Efex for b&w and the Acros film simulation is pretty nice there too imo.

I sometimes use SFX for finishing up too, it's a neat add on. But initially I like having full control over the H/S/L in LR. You can fine tune a lot better this way.

I sometimes use SFX for finishing up too, it's a neat add on. But initially I like having full control over the H/S/L in LR. You can fine tune a lot better this way.
True. I tend to be lazy and use the localised adjustments in SFX instead though [emoji1]

How much sharper is the f/1.4 version at f/5.6 or f/8 than the f/2 at the same apertures? Purely academic interest since the 10-24, 18-55 and 18-135 are all sharp enough for my needs, just wondering how much extra sharpness the £330 buys you.

I actually find my zooms to be sharper wide open than at f5.6 or f8.
Obviously, in some situations I need to stop down for the DOF, but I try to minimise doing so...

The 35mm 1.4 on the other hand seems to be sweet at 2.8-5.6...

As a novice.....not that i'm much better now I thought if you had a 1.4 then you should be using it or as close as possible otherwise what's the point in having it LOL

I took quite a lot of shots between 1.4 - 3.6, will never know if I would have got better results using 5.6 or 8.

Still miss my 23 / 1.4 , only thing i've ever regretted selling.

Glass_Balloons by ImageMaker, on Flickr

Sorrento_Side_Street by ImageMaker, on Flickr

I've owned a XF23 f/1.4 in the past as wasn't comfortable with its focal length, just a personal thing.

Beautiful Fooji quality glass alright, but not a focal length I personally enjoyed.

I've owned a XF23 f/1.4 in the past as wasn't comfortable with its focal length, just a personal thing.

Beautiful Fooji quality glass alright, but not a focal length I personally enjoyed.
Yea, I know what you mean. I used to feel that way but I'm learning to love it as the lens/body combo is better to handle, for me.

I much prefer the larger Fuji lenses like the 23/1.4 16-55 etc. from a handling point of view, I hold the lens with my left hand, feels perfect. Tried the 35/2 and didn't get on with it, too small for me and i've got small hands, I guess everyone has their preference when it comes to handling.

The other lens I miss is the 90, you bought that from me on ebay Stephen before I joined the forum, it's a beauty but I couldn't justify keeping that and a 50-140.

D: I can't justify keeping my 35mm F2 now that i have the 23mm.... Dilemmas, Dilemmas. I want a 10-24 or a 14mm now.

The other lens I miss is the 90, you bought that from me on ebay Stephen before I joined the forum, it's a beauty but I couldn't justify keeping that and a 50-140.
Ah yes, it's a great lens. I haven't used it much, but every time I think of selling it I put it on the camera and decide to keep it!

What's the opinion on the Samyang 12mm Vs Fuji 14mm? I have a Samyang in the post which i bought for 300, I'm really considering sending it back for a XF 14mm for the autofocus which is only about 150 more.

I'd love a 10-24 however it's out of my budget for now.

Ok, ok! XT-2 will now be a lot beastier than the XT-1, I concede :D

I hope they throw a couple more final updates the XT-1 way though
It was almost like Fuji waited for you to put your foot in it and then announce the update. :D

What's the opinion on the Samyang 12mm Vs Fuji 14mm? I have a Samyang in the post which i bought for 300, I'm really considering sending it back for a XF 14mm for the autofocus which is only about 150 more.

I'd love a 10-24 however it's out of my budget for now.
Send it back and save for the 10-24. I have both; the Samyang is excellent quality and useful for lightness and faster aperture, but not strictly necessary. I wouldn't be without the 10-24. Even send back the 23mm if you have to. It's that good.

Back