The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've booked the 7th May as well at 1pm. Will probably have to leave straight after but will probably get in to Manchester around 10 ish and have a few hours before going to the fire station if you want to meet up beforehand?

I've booked the 7th May as well at 1pm. Will probably have to leave straight after but will probably get in to Manchester around 10 ish and have a few hours before going to the fire station if you want to meet up beforehand?
Should be OK . No problem here. Will be on the train so will look into timetables closer to the date.

Is the disused Manchester railway station that was featued in Prime Suspect still standing?
Looked an interesting place to explore and photograph, would have loved urbex when I was younger, too old now to leg it from security blokes

Just booked a tour of Sizewell nuclear power station, sadly no cameras allowed, but looking forward to it nonetheless

Tell me more.
There are some stations that have lots of old features but are still in use (Like me!!!)

Think it was called Manchester Mayfield, can't remember much apart from a very annoying character named "The Street" took Helen Mirren hostage there

@mickledore

I told you about the second Piccadilly station yesterday, thats Mayfield station. It was never really used as apparently the lines leading out where badly placed. Supposedly the platforms are still there but access is difficult if not impossible.

@mickledore

I told you about the second Piccadilly station yesterday, thats Mayfield station. It was never really used as apparently the lines leading out where badly placed. Supposedly the platforms are still there but access is difficult if not impossible.
Did you? Refresh my memory.

It's the derelict station building behind platform 13 where you got off. We were outside the Fire station when I pointed out the roof behind the platform. Tijuana taxi has posted a great link.

Intrigued me when I saw it, good hunting chaps

Well got the 1DX MKII back and working but finding im enjoying using the Fuji more!!!

All with the 50-140 on a rather dull and cold day at Brands.

i-6gfQdm3-X2.jpg

i-GLZ4zdX-X2.jpg

i-nVRwTKC-X2.jpg

Well got the 1DX MKII back and working but finding im enjoying using the Fuji more!!!

All with the 50-140 on a rather dull and cold day at Brands.

Glen, I haven't used the X-T2 for moving targets much, other than a few birds hopping about. I'd be interested in the set up you have for this type of work, I know the T2 is quite customisable in this area and I have been a bit afraid to play just in case I bugger anything up. I'm currently using the 100-400, but a 50-140 is on the cards soon, and I want to get back into shooting a bit of motorsport. I haven't been bike racing since I had to give up running around on two wheels...

@mickledore can't do this one chaps, weekends are 'bad' for me at the moment, lots going on.

@Mr Perceptive I thought of this as appropriate for you...
http://playlists.net/under-my-thumb-classic-british-60-s
....then SWMBO got wind of the Fire Station trip. Bad news. "Being stuck with you and a camera is bad enough never mind when you are with other photographers"
so I'm going twice. Yup she wants me to take her on Saturday 29th. So when we go then I'll have all the angles worked out!!!

Keep me posted on the station though
Presume you mean the railway station? Think that will all heve to be by PM/text/e-mail from now on. The walls have ears:whistle:

Yesterday I managed to tick something off of the "bucket list" when I took a ride on the Flying Scotsman. My Dad was a very keen steam & railway enthusiast, and before he died 19 years ago, he used to volunteer on the Bluebell Railway in East Sussex. So when I found out that the Flying Scotsman would be visiting the railway over Easter, I just had to get tickets, so myself, my wife, my eldest sister & her husband were there yesterday. It was quite an emotional day, as our fathers ashes were put into the firebox of a locomotive after his cremation, so he resides on the track....

Anyway, as you can imagine, it was ridiculously busy, and getting clear shots of the train were not really possible, so I had to get what I could. Those watching along the track got a much better view than me, as I was on the train!! Everytime I was just about to squeeze the shutter, somebody would come & stand in front of me, including a very rude individual with a large video camera who almost had it made into a suppository... But that's another story.

So, a few shots from the day, which I have to say was very meaningful, even if the shots weren't that fantastic..... All converted to B&W using Acros in LR

DSCF2253 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2242 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2217-Edit by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Just seen this charger and set - looks pretty handy.

Link - at £15 for a dual charger (USB, so will work with PC, mains or car) plus two batteries it would seem rude not to :)

I like that Matt, it looks quite a fearsome creature. You've done a good job with the mesh.

Scottish WIldcat at Edinburgh Zoo. A horrible fine mesh fence so had to manual focus and try and do away with the haze in PP. Beautiful animal, like a housecat on steroids, a shame hybridisation is threatening the species.

33947922812_c1f6102631_b.jpg
Looks like someone just told him it's his round...

They have some wildcats at the British Wildlife Centre, awesome looking creatures. But as you say, they have been breeding with feral domestics for quite some time now and it's difficult to keep the bloodline pure.

Yesterday I managed to tick something off of the "bucket list" when I took a ride on the Flying Scotsman. My Dad was a very keen steam & railway enthusiast, and before he died 19 years ago, he used to volunteer on the Bluebell Railway in East Sussex. So when I found out that the Flying Scotsman would be visiting the railway over Easter, I just had to get tickets, so myself, my wife, my eldest sister & her husband were there yesterday. It was quite an emotional day, as our fathers ashes were put into the firebox of a locomotive after his cremation, so he resides on the track....

Anyway, as you can imagine, it was ridiculously busy, and getting clear shots of the train were not really possible, so I had to get what I could. Those watching along the track got a much better view than me, as I was on the train!! Everytime I was just about to squeeze the shutter, somebody would come & stand in front of me, including a very rude individual with a large video camera who almost had it made into a suppository... But that's another story.

So, a few shots from the day, which I have to say was very meaningful, even if the shots weren't that fantastic..... All converted to B&W using Acros in LR

DSCF2253 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2242 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

DSCF2217-Edit by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

I like them. If you've still got them on the card would you mind converting in camera for me. ? I'd like to see if the grain in Fuji's film sim adds anything.

ive a godox ad600 monolight that can be triggered by either a canon, Nikon or Sony version of the x1t trigger. Does anyone know if there if there is an on camera trigger option for fuji? I understand that hss won't work.

Thanks

ive a godox ad600 monolight that can be triggered by either a canon, Nikon or Sony version of the x1t trigger. Does anyone know if there if there is an on camera trigger option for fuji? I understand that hss won't work.

Thanks

I "think" it would be the XT-16 trigger which is the newer version of the FT-16 I use with my AD-360's but no ttl either.

Last edited:
I "think" it would be the XT-16 trigger which is the newer version of the FT-16 I use with my AD-360's but no ttl either.

There's no ttl on my monolight so I'm not worried about that. Just seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the web about what works and what doesn't. Some say the cactus trigger will fire with hss on the ad600.
I'll look into the xt-16 - thanks!

Back