The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

yes I had a series 4 Taylor,nicely built but I found them a bit souless.I like the Epi's especially the MB

Ha I just saw what predictive text did to Epiphone. It was a 7 something Taylor I played. A big difference. The cheaper ones didn't that much for me but that was amazing

Heads up, it seems the Fuji refurb store has had a load of stuff in. Quite a few lenses are in stock there including the 23 1.4 and 56 1.2. Ordered myself a 23 now just got to sell my guitar for the body to put it on!

Just checked, the 2 lens i want 56mm 1.2 (non APD) and the 55-200 still out of stock. They have the 50-140 for £899!

Just checked, the 2 lens i want 56mm 1.2 (non APD) and the 55-200 still out of stock. They have the 50-140 for £899!

The 56 must have gone quick! It was in stock yesterday. Oh well, you will have to get the 50-140 to console yourself

Unfortunately i only have 1.3k to spend on 2 lens. Selling all my Full frame nikon stuff to mpb and i should get around 2.4k. 1k is already going to pay off other things at home. £899 for the 50-140 means i can't afford the 56mm f1.2 which i really like.

First world problems eh? I'm in a similar predicament. I really wanted the 56 as well but it was either that or a camera body to put the 23 on. I suppose 2 paperweights would have been good too.......

First world problems eh? I'm in a similar predicament. I really wanted the 56 as well but it was either that or a camera body to put the 23 on. I suppose 2 paperweights would have been good too.......

I've got the 18mm f2 and 35mm f2 already. I'm perfectly happy to shoot with the 18mm. 56mm f1.2 is really for portrait and low light for my use. 55-200 is purely for longer reach when needed. The 50-140 is cheap on fuji refurbish store but it kind of defeat the purpose in my opinion to fully shoot with Fuji. I sold my Nikon 70-200 f2.8 because I don't use it often enough.

I'm about to order an X-T2 but price aside what is everyones opinion on either all black or graphite???

All black. The graphite one looks plastickier. IMO. BUT, you're buying it for you not for me so choose whichever YOU prefer.

Heads up, it seems the Fuji refurb store has had a load of stuff in. Quite a few lenses are in stock there including the 23 1.4 and 56 1.2. Ordered myself a 23 now just got to sell my guitar for the body to put it on!

Briefly thought about the 23mm myself, but hardly ever use the 35mm f1.4 and daresay this might go the same way.

Do I sound like I'm convincing myself that its not wanted?

I've got the 18mm f2 and 35mm f2 already. I'm perfectly happy to shoot with the 18mm. 56mm f1.2 is really for portrait and low light for my use. 55-200 is purely for longer reach when needed. The 50-140 is cheap on fuji refurbish store but it kind of defeat the purpose in my opinion to fully shoot with Fuji. I sold my Nikon 70-200 f2.8 because I don't use it often enough.
the 56 is great for portraits' just thought its a lot of money when i don't do many portraits otherwise lovely.
I shall be using the 55-200 for portraits closeups of flowers and distance stuffs find it a great overall lens, well i will when it arrives lol

the 56 is great for portraits' just thought its a lot of money when i don't do many portraits otherwise lovely.
I shall be using the 55-200 for portraits closeups of flowers and distance stuffs find it a great overall lens, well i will when it arrives lol

I'm getting both 56mm and 55-200. Didn't consider the 50-140 at all because i don't even use my nikon 70-200 that much, sending it to mpb today.

I'm missing full frame so tonight I'm listing my 1 month old XT2 kit.

It'll comprise - the Black X-T2 body with 1400 shots on it. Needless to say condition is as new. Came from Jessops.
- the X-T2 grip
- 18-55mm lens
- 2 genuine Fuji batteries
- Samyang 12mm f2.0 (boxed)
- Samyang 8mm F2.8 Fish eye (unboxed but perfect nick).

Not even registered the Fuji warranty yet.

I love the camera but am really missing the depth of field control and the outright sharpness of the FX gear.

I love the camera but am really missing the depth of field control and the outright sharpness of the FX gear.

I'm not so sure about the Sharpness bit. I'm completely opposite, sending all my nikon FX body and lens to mpb today. What I find it interesting is, the way how i shoot on my Nikon D3 won't work on my fuji XT1. After spend some time getting use to how the fuji should work, everything falls into place and sharpness is right their.

Maybe I don't mean sharpness.

It could be that I'm not getting the hang of the processing. I look at some shots on here and can't get close to the processing used.

I know FX DLSRs and the processing required.

Maybe I don't mean sharpness.

It could be that I'm not getting the hang of the processing. I look at some shots on here and can't get close to the processing used.

I know FX DLSRs and the processing required.

I went from Canon FF and yes there is definitely a difference with the Fuji cameras. not worse or better, just different.
Viewing at 100% never looks right, not quite sure why, but it doesn't, there again don't look at photos like that anyway

Your choice and cash so always best to do what looks and feels best for you, no right or wrong and all very subjective.

I was an early Fuji adopter, always been very pleased with it and would have to be something rather special to make me change

Last edited:
For anyone interested, Formatt Hitech have 50% off their circular filters at the moment.
That's been running for months. I purchased a screw in Firecrest 10 stopper back in January or so. Bloody brilliant filter tbh.

For anyone interested, Formatt Hitech have 50% off their circular filters at the moment.

Anyone know if I would get vignetting on 16-80 lens using the Firecrest Circular Polariser super slim, I know the ultra are thinner but can`t use lens cap with them. Cheers

Don't ask me how many guitars ive bought and sold over the years, so many regrets, biggest one was an awesome Flamenco guitar i bought from the builder in Torremolinus in '83.
still my biggest regret cus my mum bought it for me, stupid idiot that i am.

X100 F on the way,X100 classic and Xpro1,that will do me.

For now ;)

Not that I can talk, I got such a resigned look off my wife the other day when I said I'd ordered the 20...

The Sony A9 has been announced and its going after the sports/action professional market..... now I guess its time for Fuji to look and asses it and see what they can do with their Pro APS-C XT body :D
Exciting times a head..... :)
:fuji:

The Sony A9 has been announced and its going after the sports/action professional market..... now I guess its time for Fuji to look and asses it and see what they can do with their Pro APS-C XT body :D
Exciting times a head..... :)
:fuji:
At the quoted £6k, I think I'd already be going for a GFX tbh. Totally different market granted, but the medium format Fuji appears way more than the Sony to me.

So, I'm thinking I'm becoming a full poser - having considered the half strap...

That said I'm thinking the blank rapid might be a bit over kill for the XT20 (silver of course) + 18-135 so am thinking a nice wrist strap - any suggestions for something thats comfy, looks nice and is safe with my kit?

Maybe something like the footprint ones here (took a little finding but I'm sure I recall them being mentioned) - link

Oh and that I actually can find :)

Last edited:
OK I'm late on here with my X-T1 but I'm considering the following and wondered if anyone has had the same dilemma, I know it's a personal choice but just after opinions.
L shaped swiss arca plate with grip
Or
Fuji vertical battery grip.?
Can't make up my mind.

For me the arca plate, always seemed odd buying a smaller camera and then making it big (with the exception of the XT2 one that does something extra)

Well the 50-230 arrived today. I can't believe how light it is... Stuck on the T1; I took a couple of pics in the kitchen, hand held and it works a treat.

my lad is going to enjoy using it I think...

Back