The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Well after a 9 mnth excursion into M 4/3 land I am somewhat predictably back with Fuji after picking up an X-T20 from these here classifieds...

I need a zoom lens so once again have to decide between the 16-50 and 18-55 !

Does anyone on here use the 16-50 on the T20 or the X-T2 ? Just wondering if it was 'good' enough to use on the 24 mp sensor ?

thanks
Yes its more than good enough if you don't abuse your gear I have a couple of them one goes with my 50-230mm along with 2 bodies X-T10, X-m1 or X-A2. XF27mm & Samyang 8mm f2.8
optically you won't be disapointed

Thanks Phil. Yes, that's a good combo, and really discrete as well.
Yes but not so discrete as mine are all silver finish apart from the 27mm lol maybe i should buy a black one too !

Sounds like a GR8 DEAL I do hope you enjoy it :)
if you read this especially the Autofocus section you may guess my preference for the non APD version
https://www.fujivsfuji.com/56mm-f1pt2-vs-apd/

Yeah lens arrive yesterday and the lens looks more like open box and hardly any use then a second hand lens. Big bonus here and I do like the weight and feel of the 56mm f1.2 prime. I guess everything is small and light for me after shooting with Nikon for many years. I can pack everything in my Manfrotto messenger bag and the weight is nothing lol.

Yeah lens arrive yesterday and the lens looks more like open box and hardly any use then a second hand lens. Big bonus here and I do like the weight and feel of the 56mm f1.2 prime. I guess everything is small and light for me after shooting with Nikon for many years. I can pack everything in my Manfrotto messenger bag and the weight is nothing lol.
where did you buy it from BB?

where did you buy it from BB?

Harrison Camera. It did advertise as "Excellent" condition. Is more like "Like New" condition to me. I guess different shop uses the term differently. Next on my shopping list is the Nissin i40 flash gun or maybe i60. Possibly a XE2 as second body, these Fuji is so light and small that I can take 2 body with 2 seperate lens attached and just shoot without thinking about changing lens.

I think he means his own, in the TP classifieds ;)

I see what you mean now. I just pull a trigger to buy the Fuji LH-XF35-2 hood ........ £50 for a freaking hood but it protects my 35mm f2 better then the original small one that doesn't really do anything ....

I see what you mean now. I just pull a trigger to buy the Fuji LH-XF35-2 hood ........ £50 for a freaking hood but it protects my 35mm f2 better then the original small one that doesn't really do anything ....

I may be being a bit Scottish here but no way would I pay £50 for a hood.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camera-L...TF8&qid=1493110386&sr=1-2&keywords=LH+XF+35-2

I'd maybe stretch to that one but I never had a problem with the supplied hood and if I had to replace it I'd probably try this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/ck9/SODI...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N56AEJWGRQN57VM7ED1R

I may be being a bit Scottish here but no way would I pay £50 for a hood.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camera-L...TF8&qid=1493110386&sr=1-2&keywords=LH+XF+35-2

I'd maybe stretch to that one but I never had a problem with the supplied hood and if I had to replace it I'd probably try this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/ck9/SODI...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=N56AEJWGRQN57VM7ED1R

I did look at that one but they are screw on hood to the lens. The Fuji OEM one is clip on so the length doesn't stick out as much. Is one of those I like the Fuji design but high price, if I buy the cheap one, i will just keep looking at the Fuji one.

Btw guys, on Auto ISO settings, what minium shutter speed do you guys use? If so do you change the min shutter from lens to lens?

I did look at that one but they are screw on hood to the lens. The Fuji OEM one is clip on so the length doesn't stick out as much. Is one of those I like the Fuji design but high price, if I buy the cheap one, i will just keep looking at the Fuji one.

I'd maybe pay a bit extra for a clip on if it was reversible but it's not (edit: or is it?) so chances are it will be left on the lens all the time anyway. If length is a concern there is a nice short one in the box :D

Last edited:
Btw guys, on Auto ISO settings, what minium shutter speed do you guys use? If so do you change the min shutter from lens to lens?
Now that the facility exists, Auto for ss as well. It's supposed to alter according to the focal length automatically.

Now that the facility exists, Auto for ss as well. It's supposed to alter according to the focal length automatically.

Since you mention it, I will have to double check tonight. I think I had min shutter set to 1/70 ish when I attached the 35mm f2. In theory it should change when I put my 56mm in?

1/80 and no I don't change it, hardly ever use anything over 50mm focal length

Last edited:
Back