The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Ordered the 90mm - yahooooooooo

That's a result in my book Sir, it's an absolute "Excellent" optic.(y)

"Good to see you back on here regularly"

George.

Ordered the 90mm - yahooooooooo

If you're going yahooooooooo when you ordered it, then wait until you see the results from it, I own one and I can confidently predict that you will be out of breath before you manage to finish the yahooo :D

If you're going yahooooooooo when you ordered it, then wait until you see the results from it, I own one and I can confidently predict that you will be out of breath before you manage to finish the yahooo :D

:plus1: This ^^^^ Fuji makes some great primes, yes the early ones aren't the fastest focussing lenses in the world but their IQ is never in doubt, they also make some very sharp lenses like the 23F1.4, and then they make a really special lens- the 90mm, it is an absolute joy to use, and the results are spectacular, it isn't just the in focus sharpest or the out of focus bokeh (or the fact with focus peaking its a doddle to focus, and in AF it has pretty snappy lock on), it's the colour rendition, get the right subject and your jaw will hit the floor :D

HI all, just purchased a mint X-T2 with 18-55 F2.8-4 and Grip from Greenninja67 (thanks a lot Terry) in these very classifieds. It's my second time with the X-T2, with me having purchased one last year but then sending it back for refund shortly afterwards, as I had buyers remorse (or is that guilt) as I had way too much equipment as it was. However I since lightened my equipment considerably (mainly getting rid of all my Nikon FF gear - D810, D750 and about 6 lenses). So I thought i'd give it another go alongside my Olympus M43 gear.

Having persevered for a few days with the X-T2's idiosyncrasies (especially after being a Nikon user for 35 or more years), I'm starting to really warm to it, and am liking what I'm seeing come off my printer. I don't plan on building a huge system around it (famous last words), but have already found that just having one lens (the 18-55), severely limits my options. I'm therefore looking for some advice. My thinking for vacations and general shooting, is getting focal lengths at least around the 15-200mm range (in 35mm terms) or thereabouts. I'm therefore considering one of two lens line-ups and would appreciate peoples comments who have them. Note I'm not a massive prime sort of guy (although I might add a 35 or 50mm equivalent in the future), so am just for the time being considering these zoom packages.

Option 1
Keep the 18-55 F2.8-4 and add the Fujifilm 55-200mm f3.5-4.8 R LM OIS and the Fujifilm 10-24mm f4 R OIS XF - this would give me a 15-300mm equivalent.

Option 2

Sell the 18-55 F2.8-4 and instead, purchase the Fujifilm 18-135mm f3.5-5.6 WR LM R OIS, and compliment it with the Fujifilm 10-24mm f4 R OIS XF - this would give me a 15-205mm equivalent in a simpler two lens package (albeit the 18-135 would be a slower aperture lens).

Anyone have any thoughts on the above please ?

I have a similar set up to your option 2
And it covers most of my needs tbh I have added a 100-400mm and a Samyang 8mm f2.8 fisheye that covers most my needs :):fuji:

Maybe in the months to come prime in the 35 or 50mm range but that will be it.[/QUOTE said:
Lol I had the same thoughts ;) After completing my 4 lens set up !
I now have 11 x mount primes (n):eek::fuji:

Clean looking shot George.
Are you using LR to process?

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"I only ever shoot in Raw and then convert all shots regardless of camera to Adobe DNG, (using their the stand alone DNG converter) I then do any cropping, white & black points, colour balance, exposure & contrast if needed, clarity etc in LR-4.4 (I've never needed to upgrade to a later edition). I then usually transfer to PS-6 to finish tidying up ie any retouching removing blemishes etc, If I convert the shot to mono then I also do that in PS. If needed I'll add a little bit of sharpening via Unsharp Mask and that's it. I then upload to Flickr at a full resolution JPEG"

Hope this helps.,

George.

Which is the one you haven't got then? Don't you feel the need to catch em all?

Not sure why the quote isn't working, it looks fine before I submit it??? Anyway it's to @Phiggys

Last edited:
Ok, I've now installed Lightroom 6 (ver 6.4) on my laptop for my newly arrived XT2, still can't import/open any files via the usual USB card reader, I've did a factory re-set on the XT2, and also updated the firmware on the XT2 as it wasn't up to date from new.

But still no joy.......really don't know why I can't access my files via LR6 (?)

Last edited:
Ok, I've now installed Lightroom 6 on my laptop for my newly arrived XT2, still can't import/open any files via the usual USB card reader, I've did a factory re-set on the XT2, and also updated the firmware on the XT2 as it wasn't up to date from new.

But still no joy.......really don't know why I can't access my files via LR6 (?)

Probably because LR6 predates X-T2.

Does it work if you transfer the files into the HDD and import?

If after updating your Camera RAW to the latest and still don't work then DNG converter is the only answer because this is what Adobe does, they want you to keep up with the latest and subscribe so they stop providing Camera Raw compatibility after a period and only offer it to the current CC users (or whatever the current version is)

Is the XT-10 plus 27mm pancake a decent combo for general use ? (family/portrait mainly)

What's the IQ like ?

I'm happy enough to go with a single lens as I've had enough of carrying multiple bodies/lenses so I'm kind of torn between this combo OR a X100s with it's fixed 23mm f2.

Obviously the XT-10 has the benefit of alternative lenses should I change my mind....:)

Last edited:
Is the XT-10 plus 27mm pancake a decent combo for general use ? (family/portrait mainly)

What's the IQ like ?

I'm happy enough to go with a single lens as I've had enough of carrying multiple bodies/lenses so I'm kind of torn between this combo OR a X100s with it's fixed 23mm f2.

Obviously the XT-10 has the benefit of alternative lenses should I change my mind....:)
IQ is great. Size is great. I just couldn't get on with the 27mm focal length (not quite wide enough or long enough).

That said, it's a great combination if you get used to it and the FL whilst slightly odd is on paper a very good compromise between wide and long for family or street shots.

What's the IQ like ?

It's a sharp lens but a strange width and the bokeh isn't great. If it was me personally I would go for the x100s. Other option is an xt10 with an 18-55 great lens for a kit lens.

@macvisual you need to update lr6 to the latest version, 6.9 I think, it's one of the options from the help menu near account settings

Did mine last week and its ver 6.10 now, as Simon says its under updates from the help dropdown menu

It's a sharp lens but a strange width and the bokeh isn't great. If it was me personally I would go for the x100s. Other option is an xt10 with an 18-55 great lens for a kit lens.

I was swaying toward the XT-10 as it can be put into full auto if the wife picks it up. The lack of aperture ring on the 27mm isn't ideal though. The 18-55 would be nice but i'm trying to keep the set-up as trim as possible.

Back