The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

The use of color was a deliberate perversion, as was the selective colourisation of the Laburnum shot. It sort of works (the selectively coloured shot) but needs more of the flowers in shot but typically, the sun that was shining on the whole tree is now hiding behind my house, leaving just this portion nicely lit. Never mind, I can try it again if the sun ever comes out again while it's still in full bloom.

Frank, THANK YOU!!! Result below. Still not convinced about it but it might have occasional uses. Oh, and I would have RTFM if I could find it! (Have just spotted it neatly tidied away under this monitor!!!) I did go through the options in the menus but it didn't occur to me that a special effect type option would come under Drive Options. You're I'm never too old to learn summat new!

Yes, Keith. As below.

The neighbour's Laburnum, selectively colo(u)red!

View attachment 102461

(Very quick resize in camera to 640 size. Will have a look at it in PSE and see if it works.)
Nod bad Nod.
In the Firmware v 2.0 handbook it is on p100/101.
You do have the v 2.0 handbook don't you?
You do have the v 2.0 firmware don't you?

Nod bad Nod.
In the Firmware v 2.0 handbook it is on p100/101. I'll take your word for that!
You do have the v 2.0 handbook don't you? Yup, I think so, saved when I updated the firmware...
You do have the v 2.0 firmware don't you? See above!

Last edited:
Last night's effort with the X-T1 and 10-24. Can't make up my mind on whether to upgrade to an X-T2 or not... any honest (!) opinions on whether the IQ is noticeably different?

I'll try to find the time to do a few test shots using the 100-400 and both bodies (using that lens to ensure the same subject position between the shots from the different bodies.) TBH, in terms of IQ, the only real difference is the ability to crop into the X-T2 images a bit more while keeping plenty of megapixies, it's in the handling department that the X-T2 is a decent upgrade IMO. I love 'em both! (AND the X-Pro1!)

Last night's effort with the X-T1 and 10-24. Can't make up my mind on whether to upgrade to an X-T2 or not... any honest (!) opinions on whether the IQ is noticeably different?

Cramond
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Lovely image :) XT-1 shooter here also [and xpro1] - always wondering the same. From what i gather on here, and other sites that would have done comparisons, the 2 will handle low light shooting a bit better, some suggest it's a stop better but I've not exactly seen direct evidence of this. Other than that as Nod says, a bit more crop-ability, and it'll have much better AF in general. I'll get one when they come down in price by a large chunk, as I'd want the grip to boot. I use the battery grip on the T1 almost always nowadays. I just like the feel of it, and having the back up battery.

I'm a T2 and Pro2 shooter. The Pro2 is more of an improvement over the 1 than the T2 is over the 1, but that doesn't stop both 1s still being capable of producing top results.

Cramond
by Mike Smith, on Flickr
Mike, one word;

'Stunning'

Regards;
Peter

Cramond
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

"Excellent" shot Sir, nothing really more to be said.(y)

George.

Cramond
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Why would you want to change that? IMO There is no significant benefit in the X-T2 IQ wise. A bit bigger prints, a bit more (well maybe not more quantity but it certainly gets in the way more) base ISO noise and a bit better at High iso. Colour palette is subtly different too, I prefer X-T1 colours.

We took the train this morning and met up with friends in Glasgow, such a lovely/varied/busy City, we love it there.

As we were having a relaxed coffee outdoors I only had seconds to react to this Mr & Mrs couple walking towards us, a rushed 'grab shot', quickly switch on and press the shutter.....fast.

Mr & Mrs;

Mr & Mrs by APM Photography, on Flickr

XT2 -- XF10-24

Last edited:
We took the train this morning and met up with friends in Glasgow, such a lovely/varied/busy City, we love it there.

As we were having a relaxed coffee outdoors I only had seconds to react to this Mr & Mrs couple walking towards us, a rushed 'grab shot', quickly switch on and press the shutter.....fast.

Mr & Mrs;

XT2 -- XF10-24

Glasgow is on my list of cities to visit for sure. Nicely grabbed shot every inch of that looks in focus

Mr & Mrs;

XT2 -- XF10-24

Well done Peter. Such a happy and joyous picture. You've caught it perfectly.

Are you're pp skills good enough to clone out the passer by ?
I know I couldn't do it...

Cramond
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Great image that, I'd be well pleased....

Regarding the T1 -> T2 upgrade, a couple of things did it for me.

1) I like to shoot wildlife, and the faster focusing & FPS are a major benefit
2) The joystick, it's brilliant that I can move the focus point around while looking through the viewfinder
3) The addition of Acros simulation
4) As mentioned above, the ability to crop images but still retain good resolution

I still have my T1 as well, it's often taken to work in my rucksack with either the 35 or 16 f1.4 lenses, it sometimes has the 60mm macro on when I'm wandering with the T2/100-400 combo for birds. My wife love using it too.

Rumour site suggests Fuji EU offers starting next week.
Incidentally, last year Fuji had their cash-back promotion starting in June.
If true this could be the start of Fuji GAS attack! :D lol

Last edited:
Why would you want to change that? IMO There is no significant benefit in the X-T2 IQ wise. A bit bigger prints, a bit more (well maybe not more quantity but it certainly gets in the way more) base ISO noise and a bit better at High iso. Colour palette is subtly different too, I prefer X-T1 colours.
Hi Alan - thanks for your thoughts. I may well get tempted at some point but agree there's nothing much I would change about the shot above :)

Great image that, I'd be well pleased....

Regarding the T1 -> T2 upgrade, a couple of things did it for me.

1) I like to shoot wildlife, and the faster focusing & FPS are a major benefit
2) The joystick, it's brilliant that I can move the focus point around while looking through the viewfinder
3) The addition of Acros simulation
4) As mentioned above, the ability to crop images but still retain good resolution

I still have my T1 as well, it's often taken to work in my rucksack with either the 35 or 16 f1.4 lenses, it sometimes has the 60mm macro on when I'm wandering with the T2/100-400 combo for birds. My wife love using it too.
Thanks - appreciate the reply. I don't shoot wildlife with my Fuji and am not clever enough to move focus points around so really it's only a bit more resolution that I'd be gaining. Won't be rushing to the shops I think! :)

My 90mm just came. I'm very pleased with my kit. 23 1.4, 50 f2 and 90 f2. Just need the 14 or 16 at some point down the line, a second body and one day perhaps the 100-400....... Guess I'm not quite as satisfied as I thought!

Rumour site suggests Fuji EU offers starting next week.
Incidentally, last year Fuji had their cash-back promotion starting in June.
If true this could be the start of Fuji GAS attack! :D lol

Keeping my powder dry for the alleged X-E3 in the autumn

56/1.2.

Your subject isn't moving much anyway so the focus speed is fine on it, shallower DOF, more artistic breathing space, and more traditional focal length.

Guys Im looking into a portrait lens.

Im really confused if I should get the new 50 mm f2 or the 56 1.2 R

Anybody want to share opinions?

No doubt the 56mm f1.2 is fantastic lens, i got one myself. Is weight and size is an issie for you? If so the 50mm is a good option. Personally i think all fuji lens is light as hell compare to my previous nikon ff setup.

56/1.2.

Your subject isn't moving much anyway so the focus speed is fine on it, shallower DOF, more artistic breathing space, and more traditional focal length.

You are right about that, but there's something about the size and fast AF on the new 50mm F2......

No doubt the 56mm f1.2 is fantastic lens, i got one myself. Is weight and size is an issie for you? If so the 50mm is a good option. Personally i think all fuji lens is light as hell compare to my previous nikon ff setup.

the 56mm f1.2 is an amazing lens but im not sure how well it performs....

You are right about that, but there's something about the size and fast AF on the new 50mm F2......

the 56mm f1.2 is an amazing lens but im not sure how well it performs....

The 56mm is an outstandingly good lens, but if you mean AF wise then yes its not as fast as the new primes but if its for portraits does it make much difference?

Back