The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Generally the XT1 is still good with or without the update. I don't know how much can the AF will improve with firmware update, but it still does the job for me. If I need faster AF i will get the XT2.

Generally the XT1 is still good with or without the update. I don't know how much can the AF will improve with firmware update, but it still does the job for me. If I need faster AF i will get the XT2.

That's not really the point though. An improvement is an improvement, I'll take it if it's going , If not, well, I haven't lost anything. If there was an improvement for the XT-1's AF, why would you think about an XT-2? ;)

That's not really the point though. An improvement is an improvement, I'll take it if it's going , If not, well, I haven't lost anything. If there was an improvement for the XT-1's AF, why would you think about an XT-2? ;)

Their will be a point where the firmware cannot improve any further, otherwise why bother releasing the XT2 with a better AF? Firmware can only do so much. The XT1 might have max out.

Their will be a point where the firmware cannot improve any further, otherwise why bother releasing the XT2 with a better AF? Firmware can only do so much. The XT1 might have max out.

I only used AF as a loose example tbh, I don't rely on fast AF much, I mean, I'm using 3 MF lenses at present and the old 35 1.4 which isn't exactly ligtening fast. BUT ... usually something or other gets a booster during these updates and it's not always listed. Anything that improves the camera is only ever good.

I only used AF as a loose example tbh, I don't rely on fast AF much, I mean, I'm using 3 MF lenses at present and the old 35 1.4 which isn't exactly ligtening fast. BUT ... usually something or other gets a booster during these updates and it's not always listed. Anything that improves the camera is only ever good.

Yeah have update better then no update, even for small improvement. I updated my dad's x10 recently and he is very happy because it improve the camera. The x10 is pretty old camera too.

Very much so :)

Great camera by the way, my only complaint is the right d pad button keeps on getting hit by accident when I swing the camera up, still no biggie I'll just disable it, one of the joys of having such a customisable camera

Fame, where about is it hanging David I'm going to pop in sometime.
Cheers Graham! It's in the basement cafe of the Andrew Wiles Building, alias the Maths Institute, between Woodstock Road and Walton Street. Right next to the Radcliffe Infirmary or what's left of it, and the other side facing the Observatory.

The problem is that it isn't open very much outside of work hours, which is a real shame, but I understand why. If you can make it on Bank Holiday Monday, I plan to be there in the afternoon, so will keep an eye for you.

The good news is that there are eight other exhibitors (all from the Oxford Flickr group), so it's pretty varied and there are the best part of 50 pictures, I would think.

More details at www.oxfordphotographers.org. Sorry the picture is a bit huge, everyone, it was the only version I could find that was online already!

tumblr_oqdjqnl7JD1w0nnx8o1_1280.jpg

Very much so :)

Great camera by the way, my only complaint is the right d pad button keeps on getting hit by accident when I swing the camera up, still no biggie I'll just disable it, one of the joys of having such a customisable camera

Nice one and thanks to for the heads up on the d pad button :)

Nissin's UK (Kenro) have confirmed that the new firmware updates are now available for the Fuji flashes apart from the Air 1 and Di700a which are due mid-June. :D

How much is the upgrade ? I inquired last time for the Fuji fix and iirc it was £30.

My 35/1.4R arrived today from the Fuji re-furb store, wOw the condition is "as new", I can't tell the difference from new. Haven't had a chance to use it as yet.

:)
Seriously tempted by one of these, but need to be sure it's the right lens before parting with my cash. It's this or the 23. I need to do some shooting with my zoom set on these lengths for a while to see which length I am likely to use the most.

Seriously tempted by one of these, but need to be sure it's the right lens before parting with my cash. It's this or the 23. I need to do some shooting with my zoom set on these lengths for a while to see which length I am likely to use the most.
That's why I went for a cheaper, not quite showroom model first. Picked up one without a box or hood for a bit less than the refurb store and have to say, I really like it.

As an accompaniment to my 10-24mm, I've been using it more than my 18-55mm.

That's why I went for a cheaper, not quite showroom model first. Picked up one without a box or hood for a bit less than the refurb store and have to say, I really like it.

As an accompaniment to my 10-24mm, I've been using it more than my 18-55mm.
Ah yes, the 10-24, that's another one I want. So many lenses and not enough money to buy them all! :(

Cheers Graham! It's in the basement cafe of the Andrew Wiles Building, alias the Maths Institute, between Woodstock Road and Walton Street. Right next to the Radcliffe Infirmary or what's left of it, and the other side facing the Observatory.

The problem is that it isn't open very much outside of work hours, which is a real shame, but I understand why. If you can make it on Bank Holiday Monday, I plan to be there in the afternoon, so will keep an eye for you.

The good news is that there are eight other exhibitors (all from the Oxford Flickr group), so it's pretty varied and there are the best part of 50 pictures, I would think.

More details at www.oxfordphotographers.org. Sorry the picture is a bit huge, everyone, it was the only version I could find that was online already!

tumblr_oqdjqnl7JD1w0nnx8o1_1280.jpg

Will try and make it Monday afternoon Dave so hopefully see you there.

I think around 1350 for compressed RAW.
Will check later.
The files are 22MB each.

Are you thinking of a 32gb card perchance?

My xt20 gets around 1900 on a 64gb of compressed raws if that helps

Back