The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Cracking pic! I'll be interested how you find the 100-400 balances with the XT-10.

I've used the combo before (that image is from the X-T10) for a good 10 hours straight handheld, it was fine.

I've always found balance issues with big long lenses to be a non issue, it's the lens that needs supporting shooting handheld so the size of the body is largely irrelevant.

I totally agree, I've hefted around a number of large lenses handheld and total weight aside balance has never been an issue as particularly with a smaller body on a larger lens what you're really holding is the lens with the camera hanging from it rather than the other way around.

With these sort of setups the key is to change how the entire thing hangs from you, so get something like a black rapid and attach it to the tripod attachment on the lens, not the camera body, so weight redistributed and no pressure on the lens mount.

Oh and don't forget a secondary attachment to the strap, currently I use a strong cord with caribina style screw loop thing that's on camera anyway and put that through the strap, so should the worst happen and the tripod attachment fail for some reason there's the backup before it goes plummeting to the ground!

Last edited:
Oh heck I've gone and got rid of the last of my Canon kit and I'm now the proud owner of two XT-2's, well not quite true I still have two flashes and a set of pocket wizards that should buy me a couple of Fuji flashes.

Oh heck I've gone and got rid of the last of my Canon kit and I'm now the proud owner of two XT-2's, well not quite true I still have two flashes and a set of pocket wizards that should buy me a couple of Fuji flashes.

That's a result in my book Sir, "ENJOY".(y)

George.

replaced my two x-pro1's with an x-t1 :)

never had a WR camera before,where did the rain go?

It sure is, and I've been contacted by someone to be a second shooter at a wedding. Couldn't have timed it better. I'm back up to full kit strength now [emoji851]

@Phiggys has had one of these from earlier this year if you want any user views/experiences.

Well for anyone wanting a long life battery pack I can thoroughly recommend this product.
I recently had a week in the Lake District and it had some heavy use all week and still showed plenty of life still in reserve Without a need to charge it up.
It fits nicely in my phytoestrogens pocket or it can be fitted to a belt.

http://www.exprodirect.com/product.php?productid=47443&cat=13834&page=1
They also do a 16000mAh power pack which is the one I have been using

Last edited:
What a beautiful set of memories you have captured.
These images will bring back such happy memories in the future to you and the family !
Love them (y)

Thanks so much :) They are great fun to shoot and the Fuji kit is of light enough weight that it's easy to carry.

NsSp84p.jpg

EjEPhRA.jpg

I said I'd have a few shots with the Samyang 12mm eventually, I think there will be more to follow as I got the hang of composing with it (the beach is definitely a good place to take it so long as you protect the front element from the spray).

I'm afraid I don't know what f stop this was, probably f/8 at a guess, but it's sharp enough for my purposes. OK, so there's no critical content in the far corners. But why would I do that anyway? :D

Swarm by David Hallett, on Flickr

I said I'd have a few shots with the Samyang 12mm eventually, I think there will be more to follow as I got the hang of composing with it (the beach is definitely a good place to take it so long as you protect the front element from the spray).

I'm afraid I don't know what f stop this was, probably f/8 at a guess, but it's sharp enough for my purposes. OK, so there's no critical content in the far corners. But why would I do that anyway? :D

I like that Dave. Interested in seeing more from you with this lens, I've thought about picking one up myself.

That's a beautiful shot Dave! The sort of thing I'd expect to see on the front of Practical Photography and the like :)

Haven't been active here for a while, need to get back into it!

One from London a few weeks ago.

X-T2 and 10-24mm.

Millennium Bridge by Brian M, on Flickr

Wow :eek: There's so much going on in this shot! Lead lines in all over the place! I really like it, the processing adds to the image as well.

Belter of a shot, forgot how much I liked the Samyang 12mm when I had one last year, struggled a little with Manual Focus though!

Belter of a shot, forgot how much I liked the Samyang 12mm when I had one last year, struggled a little with Manual Focus though!

Agreed great shot, but MF on the Samyang is pretty easy, focus to infinity and then back off a smidge to effectively hyperfocal distance it. The problem with the 12mm is though getting a composition that doesn't say 'I've got a wide angle and I'm going to use it!!' - @dave.hallett seems to have worked that one out though!

Beautiful shot George, is the pier refurb finished now?

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"They're still doing a whole lot of building & construction work to the pier & station, but it's certainly beginning to take shape with lots more things up & running"

George.

Very nice shot Sir, with spot on exposure, good comp, and some lovely light.(y)

George.

Well for anyone wanting a long life battery pack I can thoroughly recommend this product.
I recently had a week in the Lake District and it had some heavy use all week and still showed plenty of life still in reserve Without a need to charge it up.
It fits nicely in my phytoestrogens pocket or it can be fitted to a belt.

http://www.exprodirect.com/product.php?productid=47443&cat=13834&page=1
They also do a 16000mAh power pack which is the one I have been using

In the picture it shows 5v output and 8.4v on the pack. Is the 8.4v an output for the camera to charge or input to charge the powerbank?

I've a 5000mAh solar panel powerbank at home and was going to use it in a similar fashion or just to charge when I'm taking a break etc. There's only an output of 5V 1A on mine though so if it needs the 8.4v then it'll be slow.

Just got my Fuji X-t10 with 35mm 1.4 from Fuji refurb (great deal when combined) really enjoying this camera immensely, out of curiosity what bags do people use, I plan on taking camera, lens, manfrotto pixie and maybe a small flash, and a iPad mini possibly.

And I'm going to add a pic for good measure :) IMG_1611.JPG

Just got my Fuji X-t10 with 35mm 1.4 from Fuji refurb (great deal when combined) really enjoying this camera immensely, out of curiosity what bags do people use, I plan on taking camera, lens, manfrotto pixie and maybe a small flash, and a iPad mini possibly.

And I'm going to add a pic for good measure :) View attachment 104050

Great combo, use it regularly myself!

Back