The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Did you have to?

Having taken the X-T2 on holiday with me down to Brixham it had only had one outing so I thought I best make some use of it on the last day. This chap was having a wander about on the beach. taken from a fair distance with the 55-200 at full reach.

He looked vaguely familiar and when he passed us shortly after I could here him talking to someone about maybe traveling further along to the Jurassic coast, he was explaining that he had this wonderful idea for an interactive theme park??

Breakwater gazing by barrysprout, on Flickr

Looks more like Bill Oddie than Dickie Attenborough.

Yuck. Reminds me of sand wiches (get it) when a kid on the beach..

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

"I remember it well, we must have experienced a similar childhood":D

George.

Sand on the outside of a sandwich I could always understand... but not inside....

I thought it looked like @Nod :p

:p

Hat's wrong - I wear pale Tilleys. That shirt's not my colour either! He's also about 20 years older than me - so just a few years younger than you, Frank! :p:p:p

I had 18-55 on XT2 with battery grip set to boost and 1000 shutter speed

down at the beach with the dog and my XT2.Trying to catch the mutt playing with his ball.

Love it great fun and Joy in it.
also what a remarkably small shadow he is casting.

He is a really friendly and loveable dog but some of his pix with the ball he looks ferocious.

@mickledore

Glad to see your out and about again. I took one of my XT-2's to York last weekend and took a few shots. Not had time to do anything yet as I've been playing with my other toy a 3d printer. Hopefully get some sorting done this week and post a few. Looking forward to the Cheshire steam fair in the 8th.

Thats a corker of a shot, something way off the ordinary.

@mickledore

Glad to see your out and about again. I took one of my XT-2's to York last weekend and took a few shots. Not had time to do anything yet as I've been playing with my other toy a 3d printer. Hopefully get some sorting done this week and post a few. Looking forward to the Cheshire steam fair in the 8th.

Thats a corker of a shot, something way off the ordinary.
That's me all over, Chris....off kilter.

Leg is playing up today. Not used to longdays walking properly.

What's this steam fair thing?

Just a candid street style shot taken of a guy taking a rest on a public bench.

X-T1, 23mm Lens, 1/210 @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Lounging-03082 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Very cleverly framed to include the sofa in the shop window.

Very cleverly framed to include the sofa in the shop window.

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Went for a stroll to Greenwich today and my son dragged me off to see the Tulip Staircase in the Queen's House. His phone picture looked better than mine on the back of the camera but mine polished up not too badly:

tulip by ian marsh, on Flickr

XT1 and 14mm
Perfect tones!

Went for a stroll to Greenwich today and my son dragged me off to see the Tulip Staircase in the Queen's House. His phone picture looked better than mine on the back of the camera but mine polished up not too badly:

XT1 and 14mm

That's very nice Sir, good composition & exposure, with a spot on mono conversion.(y)

George.

I can only use natural light. I've been on courses, taught be experts and still all my flash shots suck. I have one cracking shot of my son lit with a Bowen's light through a soft box but it was blind luck and never to be repeated. I have a house with north and south facing windows so one way or another there is usually decent light to work with. My mother-in-law's place in Italy has the perfect window and the light through that could even make one of my selfies look decent.

I'm not keen on flash photography. I'll use it if it's too dark and I want the photo but for portraits etc I prefer natural light because it looks..well..more natural. :) Nice captures.

PS the staircase is exceptional!

Last edited:
Popped in to Jessops today and had a look at the Silver XT-20 and totally loved how it felt in my hands, so had a talk with the bloke about trading my 100mm L macro and sigma 150-600mm and he said if they are as good as I say, it might work out that I`d hardly have to pay a penny :)

Now as a rule I don't normally shoot people (unless it's @mickledore falling over, or @Billy actually buying a round in) but earlier in the week I got co-erced in taking some pictures of my step neice's (is that even a relationship?) Prom - the bit where hundreds of people gather outside a town hall in some gardens and have photos taken. Fortunately the XF90mm came to my rescue.

Olivia 002 web
by Mr Perceptive on Talk Photography

Now as a rule I don't normally shoot people (unless it's @mickledore falling over, or @Billy actually buying a round in) but earlier in the week I got co-erced in taking some pictures of my step neice's (is that even a relationship?) Prom - the bit where hundreds of people gather outside a town hall in some gardens and have photos taken. Fortunately the XF90mm came to my rescue.

Olivia 002 web

What a lovely shot that is David, great light too :)

XT1 and 14mm
Love this Ian........superb!

Regards;
Peter

Olivia 002 web
Hey [emoji482]

I think I need to keep out of this thread as I sold my Fuji for an Olympus but the new Fuji's do produce some cracking results.

Olivia 002 web

Great shot Sir, well composed, with a lovely expression.(y)

George.

Back