The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Also need a new tripod head. I hate the off axis ball head on my gitzo, and also want an Arca Swiss compatible one. Needs to be cheap though!

Might be able to help, what do you call cheap?

I bought a super cheap ball head of Amazon (£15) yesterday and it arrived today. Seems ok so far but I'll see how it goes. Quite amusing having a 15 quid head on a £400 carbon tripod but hey ho :-D

Flying Scotsman came through Settle this afternoon, and while I was processing the shots I decided to mess with this one as it wasn't much good for anything else. I'm not normally a fan of borders, but this seemed to suit it. X-T2 processed in Silver Efex Pro.

Flying Scotsman at Settle (mono) by Stephen Lee, on Flickr

This was back on Eigg in May, on day 4 of 7. From the exposure time, I'd guess this was probably with an ND filter, on the usual 18-55 zoom. Pixel-peeping corner mavens may find the lower right of this shot of interest, as there's plenty of detail. I can't find much to complain about!

Mirage
by David Hallett, on Flickr

HI All.

I asked this a while back so apologies in advance - but what are the Fuji macro shooters using (ie lens and flash) ?

I'm trying a 55-200 with a Raynox - on paper it should be fine (plenty of magnification and working distance and the lens is sharp) but I'm not really getting on with it very well (struggling to get decent sharp shots).

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

Ps - I was hoping to get the 80mm macro but that doesn't look to be coming any time soon :(

HI All.

I asked this a while back so apologies in advance - but what are the Fuji macro shooters using (ie lens and flash) ?

I'm trying a 55-200 with a Raynox - on paper it should be fine (plenty of magnification and working distance and the lens is sharp) but I'm not really getting on with it very well (struggling to get decent sharp shots).

Any suggestions please?

Cheers

Ps - I was hoping to get the 80mm macro but that doesn't look to be coming any time soon :(

Ignore me - worked out how to use the search! :whistle:

Very true :)

I think Zeiss make one, pretty sure they had one displayed at a trade show I went to earlier this year
Hi John - basically just trying to work around the lack of a proper 1:1 macro Fuji lens. A few are using a Nikkor 105 with adapter (and manual aperture ring) - I am pondering a Samyang 100mm.

It'd be a hell of a lot easier if they would just get on with the 80mm Macro!

Zeiss 50mm is 1:1

Well the great Fujinon 16-55mm f2.8 lens was handed over to its new owner yesterday, it will be missed.
Enjoy the lens @SealBeard :)

got to say I never understood why 1:1 was important. What is true or proper about 1:1?

surely on a crop 1:2 will let you photo similar sized items to 1:1 on FF?

I mean, why not 2:1? Or more?

Well I've just got one if those new 7artisan lenses, the 7.5mm jobbie. I'm off to China in a few weeks so I hope it arrives on time. For the price it's worth a punt.

Was supposed to be a great day today.. my new Fuji xt1 is arriving. Had the txt from Dpd, should be delivered between 15.11 and 16.11.
Brilliant, I'll be home by work from then, just one more job in Bath to do, then climbing up one of Baths many hills in my lorry and bang.. the clutch goes. :mad:

So now sat at the side of the road in a cold, wet lorry, with a Goddamn irritating beep of the hazard lights constantly going and the recovery won't be here for at least another 3 hours and I've been here for about 1 hour already.
Worst part is, I won't get home anywhere near in time to take delivery of the camera. :banghead:

So no idea when I'm going to be able to get it now. Unless my wife can bunk of work early to get home in time, which is unlikely.

Just gonna sit here and cry for another few hours.

Was supposed to be a great day today.. my new Fuji xt1 is arriving. Had the txt from Dpd, should be delivered between 15.11 and 16.11.
Brilliant, I'll be home by work from then, just one more job in Bath to do, then climbing up one of Baths many hills in my lorry and bang.. the clutch goes. :mad:

So now sat at the side of the road in a cold, wet lorry, with a Goddamn irritating beep of the hazard lights constantly going and the recovery won't be here for at least another 3 hours and I've been here for about 1 hour already.
Worst part is, I won't get home anywhere near in time to take delivery of the camera. :banghead:

So no idea when I'm going to be able to get it now. Unless my wife can bunk of work early to get home in time, which is unlikely.

Will a neighbor not sign for it buddy?

You can tell DPD to leave the parcel at a local shop where you/wife can pick it up later.

Well I've just got one if those new 7artisan lenses, the 7.5mm jobbie. I'm off to China in a few weeks so I hope it arrives on time. For the price it's worth a punt.

I wonder is their 25 f/1.8 anyway decent? For the money might be worth a punt.

I wonder is their 25 f/1.8 anyway decent? For the money might be worth a punt.

For 60 quid off ebay or a little more from Amazon it's almost disposable. I'd get one myself if I didn't have fuji's 35.

Loving these pictures - still confused about the processing of Fuji RAW mind, and what you need to do it. My Nikon ones I can do with Nikon Capture 2 that came with the camera.

Fuji professional have been in touch and when I am back on my feet (metaphorically) I can borrow an outfit for a few weeks to get to try it for real 'on the job'. Just looking at XT2, 16-55 and 50-140 at the moment. Can add specials later.

Anyone any thoughts? For my editorial shoots those two zooms will cover 98% of what I need, just the outdoor lighting to sort then. 3 lights and trigger system.

Reactions: Nod
For 60 quid off ebay or a little more from Amazon it's almost disposable. I'd get one myself if I didn't have fuji's 35.

I have the 25 1.4 myself, and pondering on a Samyang 12mm. But like you say, for the money ...

Back