The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've noticed the prices of used Fujinon lenses seems to be rising :eek: The refurb store has slapped a good £50 on each model!!

Thankfully I have pretty much everything I need already, although I needed a 35/2 WR as my wife has nabbed by 35/1.4! Used prices seem to be nearing £300, but fortunately I spotted one at LCE Colchester last night for £249.00 in mint condition. They replied to my email at 10.00pm and reserved it there and then, great service! :D Phoned them to pay at lunch time and they'd already had four more enquiries...

Anyway, a big high five to London Camera Exchange (they are even posting to my local LCE for free!).

What batteries are we all using in the X-T2 and how do you rate them for usage in the camera in terms of how long they last?

I've not got a battery grip and will be using the battery as backup for landscapes and street photography so I'm not sure I necessarily require the NP-W126S. I also won't be doing video on it.

I've noticed the prices of used Fujinon lenses seems to be rising :eek: The refurb store has slapped a good £50 on each model!!

Thankfully I have pretty much everything I need already, although I needed a 35/2 WR as my wife has nabbed by 35/1.4! Used prices seem to be nearing £300, but fortunately I spotted one at LCE Colchester last night for £249.00 in mint condition. They replied to my email at 10.00pm and reserved it there and then, great service! :D Phoned them to pay at lunch time and they'd already had four more enquiries...

Anyway, a big high five to London Camera Exchange (they are even posting to my local LCE for free!).

yeah they must be trying to make some money back on the paint job they have given the website.

seriously though, the 50-140 has gone up a grand this week. looks like i won't be switching back to fuji after all..

First photo with my new xt1 from the refurb shop. Camera looks like new, not a mark on it.
35mm f/1.4 also looks new. Now just to relearn the Fuji menu system and all this bits and bobs

Happy bunny!

IMG_0144.JPG

What batteries are we all using in the X-T2 and how do you rate them for usage in the camera in terms of how long they last?

I've not got a battery grip and will be using the battery as backup for landscapes and street photography so I'm not sure I necessarily require the NP-W126S. I also won't be doing video on it.
I spoke to Fuji at the photography show and they said they use standard Fuji none S batteries as well as the S batteries and couldn't see a difference.

Says a lot really.

Last edited:
First photo with my new xt1 from the refurb shop. Camera looks like new, not a mark on it.
35mm f/1.4 also looks new. Now just to relearn the Fuji menu system and all this bits and bobs

Happy bunny!

View attachment 105965

Looks like your day improved somewhat :)

yeah they must be trying to make some money back on the paint job they have given the website.

seriously though, the 50-140 has gone up a grand this week. looks like i won't be switching back to fuji after all..

I'm sure all companies have risen their prices. I used to be with Canon before Fuji and at one point I was tempted by Canon so looked at the prices and they had all went up to much more than I paid before for the same lenses (16-35 f4, 70-200 f2.8 and 24-70 f2.8 II).

I've got the original Fuji S model battery, a few of the regular W126, the white ExPros and the black ExPros. I honestly haven't noticed a difference between any of them. Battery life is around 400-500 for day to day shooting, or a good 1000+ for an event when the camera is pretty much just left on.

I think the 'S' battery only makes a difference when you start shooting 4K video.

I've got the original Fuji S model battery, a few of the regular W126, the white ExPros and the black ExPros. I honestly haven't noticed a difference between any of them. Battery life is around 400-500 for day to day shooting, or a good 1000+ for an event when the camera is pretty much just left on.

I think the 'S' battery only makes a difference when you start shooting 4K video.

Cheers for this!

I did some research and the 'S' apparently makes a difference when it comes to performance. If you do long bursts or filming in 4k the camera will lock up because of the heat created in the non-S batteries. The X-T1 only has two pins inside the battery compartment but the X-T2 has four. This is to help with the discharge and heat dissipation. Due to the two less pins in the camera the resistance inside the battery increases which causes the heat which causes the voltage from the battery to drop which makes it not be able to do the task it's being pressured to doing.

I'll not pushing a battery that far and if I need to I'll use the original.

One thing I did notice is that I can walk around town for a couple hours with a full battery, only take about up to 20 photos and the battery is needing charged again. Have you noticed this? I didn't when I has my previous X-T2 but then I had the grip and three genuine 'S' batteries attached.

One thing I did notice is that I can walk around town for a couple hours with a full battery, only take about up to 20 photos and the battery is needing charged again. Have you noticed this? I didn't when I has my previous X-T2 but then I had the grip and three genuine 'S' batteries attached.
That could be down to the way you have your rear screen set up. If you have the display set to Eye Sensor then every time your camera brushes against your body the screen goes off and when the contact has passed the the screen comes on again. If you are walking round with the camera bouncing, even slightly, against your body then the rear screen will be on and off like a bride's nightie.

I got caught out like this. Now when I'm on a walkabout I set it to EVF only. Prolongs battery life enormously.

That could be down to the way you have your rear screen set up. If you have the display set to Eye Sensor then every time your camera brushes against your body the screen goes off and when the contact has passed the the screen comes on again. If you are walking round with the camera bouncing, even slightly, against your body then the rear screen will be on and off like a bride's nightie.

I got caught out like this. Now when I'm on a walkabout I set it to EVF only. Prolongs battery life enormously.
I simply switch the camera on and off between shots, unless I'm taking a few sequentially. If I hit the power switch, it's on before it reaches my eye.

Thanks mickledore! I do have it on this option so will try EVF only in future when walking around. I used to have it on this option previously but maybe I never entirely noticed due to having the grip on it.

I simply switch the camera on and off between shots, unless I'm taking a few sequentially. If I hit the power switch, it's on before it reaches my eye.

I had been doing this also but found that I was missing the shot from it switching on. In saying that when it's left on and goes onto battery saving mode I can't get the bloody thing back on without turning it off and on again. Still need to find that special button!

Last edited:
Worth checking the 'Pre-AF' setting as well, that will demolish a battery pretty quickly if left on.

One from the south coast

v2

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a young lady taking a snap with her Cell Phone.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/70th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Togger (5)-03114 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Nice shot George, like how the lady on the left spotted you too :)

Had a massive stroke of luck yesterday :) I've been looking for an official grip for my X-T20 as they just look really nice. However, there seems to be a two month lead time and the cost is £90 :eek:

Anyway, managed to find a mint X-T10 at LCE with the original grip included for £300 :D It looks nicer on the black model (IMO), but here's a couple of quick snaps of it on my X-T20. It feels really good with the larger lenses, in particular.

View attachment 106053

View attachment 106054

Had a massive stroke of luck yesterday :) I've been looking for an official grip for my X-T20 as they just look really nice. However, there seems to be a two month lead time and the cost is £90 :eek:

Anyway, managed to find a mint X-T10 at LCE with the original grip included for £300 :D It looks nicer on the black model (IMO), but here's a couple of quick snaps of it on my X-T20. It feels really good with the larger lenses, in particular.

View attachment 106053

View attachment 106054

Love the silver X-T20 and can`t wait till I get mine :)

What a super cute shot Tom.

Thanks! Realised after the shot, the white balance was on "underwater" for some bizarre reason lol. The camera came set up very weird actually. It was on pano mode, ISO L, spot metering, small jpg, and underwater WB. Totally random.

I was going to get the 16-50mm kit lens, but as I wanted a metal mount I am going for the silver X-T20 + 18-55mm. Of what I have read about the 18-55mm, some people say it is the best kit lens :)

To be honest they are both very similar IQ wise, but the 18-55mm has the faster aperture which can be useful. However, my 18-55mm has broken on me. It still works on and off, but I should probably get it fixed - Fuji have quoted £100.00 :(

Nice shot George, like how the lady on the left spotted you too :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Got this yesterday at The Kelpies - well worth a visit if you are ever in the area :)

XT-1 and 10-24 - great combo.

The Kelpies
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Lovely vibrant shot Mike with a great sky. I'm so glad to see they have finally done away with the nasty pylons and power lines :)
There does seem to be a slight banding in the sky just to the lower left of the right Kelpie though.
The 10-24 comes in handy when you want a full reflection.

View attachment 106053

View attachment 106054

That's does look MUCH better than the cheapo one I had

Looks like a minimalist version version of the Metro Grip I use which wraps around the RHS altogether, extending the thumb rest too. Will get a photo later for comparison if it's of interest :)

Lovely vibrant shot Mike with a great sky. I'm so glad to see they have finally done away with the nasty pylons and power lines :)
There does seem to be a slight banding in the sky just to the lower left of the right Kelpie though.
The 10-24 comes in handy when you want a full reflection.

LOL - took my bloomin' ages to get rid of them ;)

Yes you're right, some of the cloning was a wee bit sloppy so have tidied it up a bit (also missed some reflections in the water)

Final version as below :)

The Kelpies
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Back