The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

did you select the £3.99 standard delivery or the more expensive express delivery.

they gave me 2 options
I've never seen delivery options. They've just been delivered either RMSD or DPD. I've certainly never deliberately selected anything more expensive than standard!

did you select the £3.99 standard delivery or the more expensive express delivery.

they gave me 2 options

I got a 55-200 a couple of weeks ago, had free delivery and was delivered in 2 days, next day delivery option was £15 IIRC. Just looked at refurb site and 55-200 price gone up £50

they gave me 2 options

Mine was free (over £50), standard and turned up next day

OR the X-T2 with the (weather sealed) 18-135 then get the 100-400 when funds allow... :whistle:

Happy birthday for whenever it is BTW!

Thanks Nod, birthday in September :)

Then it's a no brainier :)

Btw I've had both and didn't miss the XT2 evf, but then I don't tend to remember all that well, just pick it up and use it.

All that said I do miss the joystick, but not feeling compelled to use the power grip simply because I'd think it wasn't performing simply because it's better with it, if that makes sense, so that took the small camera feel away... all sorts of fun :D

Oh, as others have said do get the XT10/20 grip if you go 20 it helps a lot and if you've larger hands disable the right cursor

Hands size for me I`d say are small, but I can hold the 70D know problems at all. I have held both X-T2 & X-T20 in my hands and was all well, so I do think ( Know ) it will be the X-T2 :cool:

One more from me for now, just the 1500 to work through over the next week!

So, so impressed with the X-T2 & 100-400. Didn't put a foot wrong all day despite the challenging conditions.

RIAT 2017 by -Harry_S-

"Cracking" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Looks like his radiator's burst, all that steam!!! :p:p:p

Butbutbut the Fuji Xs aren't any good for aviation...

Anyone using the 23mm f2? If so, any thoughts (particularly on the softness "issue")? I'm missing my x100 and am really tempted to give this a go on the XT2 to recover the FL. I know I could use the 18-135, but there's something about the Fujis and prime lenses :)

Anyone using the 23mm f2? If so, any thoughts (particularly on the softness "issue")? I'm missing my x100 and am really tempted to give this a go on the XT2 to recover the FL. I know I could use the 18-135, but there's something about the Fujis and prime lenses :)

I sold mine as I found I simply wasn't using it, but it was only soft when shooting subjects at VERY close range i.e. less than 12 inches. AF was very quick and near silent.

I bought one last month and apart from close range it's very good, don't suppose I'll use it much, but a nice small and lightweight lens to pop in the bag

I use it extensively, more so on the Pro2, and have noticed no issues with it. An excellent lens!

I'm finding Fuji is good for whatever I point it at :)

I agree 100%! The system (even the X-T2) does have a few limitations but IQ sure as hell isn't one of them. In fact, the only thing I have a slight niggle about with the system is the momentary VF blackout but that only niggles when panning.

Had a talk today with my mum and it is now 100% I will be getting a Fuji X-T2 + 18-55mm, is it September yet :banana:

That's a good result in my book Sir, you'll love that unit I'm sure.(y)

George.

Blimey, I take a few days off from the internet camping in a field and miss so much! Cracking shots people, keep up the good work! :)

One more from me for now, just the 1500 to work through over the next week!

So, so impressed with the X-T2 & 100-400. Didn't put a foot wrong all day despite the challenging conditions.

RIAT 2017 by -Harry_S-

Great shot. We couldn't go this year (had to cancel)and gave our tickets away. Best ever line-up as well.
Hopefully visit next year.

I was going to gift a family member some accessories for their newly acquired XT-20.

Can anyone recommend the following?

1) New strap
2) Leather case for the body
3) Small bag to carry XT-20 with 16-50 and a few future f2 primes.
4) Screen protector
5) Aftermarket battery
6) Camera wrist strap

Thank you for any help.

I sold mine as I found I simply wasn't using it, but it was only soft when shooting subjects at VERY close range i.e. less than 12 inches. AF was very quick and near silent.

I bought one last month and apart from close range it's very good, don't suppose I'll use it much, but a nice small and lightweight lens to pop in the bag

I use it extensively, more so on the Pro2, and have noticed no issues with it. An excellent lens!

I've never had any issues with mine? I've got some close up pictures of my dogs which I took recently and they look good to me. I can't post the pictures in work as they're not on Flickr yet plus it's blocked in here. I'll do them tonight. I was about a foot away from them.

I mainly use this lens and the 50mm f/2. Both excellent IMO. Silent, light, fast AF, and great IQ.

I was going to gift a family member some accessories for their newly acquired XT-20.

1) New strap
4) Screen protector
5) Aftermarket battery
6) Camera wrist strap

Thank you for any help.

1) I use relatively cheap narrow neoprene straps on my X series bodies, other than the X-T2 which usually has the heavier 100-400 fitted so gets an OpTech wide neoprene strap.
2) None! Ever ready type cases make the camera NEVER ready IME and only encase specific lenses when attached to the body.
3) Take the kit to be carried to a shop and try the cases for size before buying them from that shop - you'll have used their service so please reward them with your custom!
4) I don't bother with them and have yet to suffer a scratched screen.
5) ExPro.
6) On the rare occasions I use one, it's one that shares the attachment clips with the strap I usually use so I can unclip the neck strap and clip on the wrist one in its place.

For my X-T20 I'm using a Peak Design leash strap, Ex pro's as spares and a Lowepro Scout 140 (not an expensive bag).
I don't bother with ever ready case or screen protector.
I have the Peak Design wrist strap but find it is a bit short for my wrist (XL gloves). I see they are planning to produce a longer
one after complaints.

I do favour Screen protectors, they stop scratches and are invisible in use.
I make my own soft adjustable long leather straps as I tend to carry my cameras cross body.
I no longer favour every ready cases.
Small messenger style bags are useful and I have a growing collection of them. I choose the smallest one that will hold what I want to take with me that day.
If I am not sure, I also take a larger one to dump in the boot of the car.
I do not use wrist straps as I can use my neck tramp wound round my hand.
Spare batteries and spare SD cards are pretty much a necessity.
As are spare lens caps....

The only batteries I buy now are the ex pro white.

Every one has a collection of accessories in a draw, they once thought were vital,
but now never use.

Just A drawer? I have 2 or 3, along with a shelf (and a box in the loft...)

1) New strap
4) Screen protector
5) Aftermarket battery
6) Camera wrist strap

Thank you for any help.

You can never have too many camera bags IMO, always handy even if only for storage. If they don't have a decent camera bag already, that is what I would get them. A nice wrist strap is a good choice also, I was gifted a hand-made leather strap for Christmas and it's been on my XT-1 since. I don't like using full straps, they just irritate me, I much rather free hold a camera tbh, but those times you're taking pics over a bridge or from a height, the extra security of a wrist strap can be comforting.

And like Nod, I have a bunch of drawers, boxes and cases [most in the garage gathering dust] of 'extras' like remote controls, old tripods, cables, chargers, cases, small bags, filters, brollies, stands, flash add-ons, etc ... all with their boxes where possible, in case I ever want to sell them :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back