The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I was going to gift a family member some accessories for their newly acquired XT-20.

Can anyone recommend the following?

1) New strap
2) Leather case for the body
3) Small bag to carry XT-20 with 16-50 and a few future f2 primes.
4) Screen protector
5) Aftermarket battery
6) Camera wrist strap

Thank you for any help.
Apart from Screen protector and batteries the rest of the list is all down to personal choice. We all have our likes and dislikes, and the family member will probably be the same. Might be better to ask in advance what personal preferences are, rather than go and buy something that might not be high on their list of priorities.

Screen protector always. I've always used them but never needed to use them until recently. I've a glass one on the X-T2 and I have a side loader backpack from Lowepro. I lay it flat on quite a large rock and opened it. The camera fell out and the screen hit the rock. It smashed the edge of the glass off at the top and bottom as well as the bottom corner. Camera is all fine but if I never had the screen protector on it then the screen for sure would have been smashed.

Screen protector always. I've always used them but never needed to use them until recently. I've a glass one on the X-T2 and I have a side loader backpack from Lowepro. I lay it flat on quite a large rock and opened it. The camera fell out and the screen hit the rock. It smashed the edge of the glass off at the top and bottom as well as the bottom corner. Camera is all fine but if I never had the screen protector on it then the screen for sure would have been smashed.

I've still not found a backpack which holds a mirrorless camera and lenses, and doesn't cause allow them to break loose and bash into eachother / fall out when you open it. It's driving me nuts as I find single strap shoulder bags get a bit weighty after a while.

I've still not found a backpack which holds a mirrorless camera and lenses, and doesn't cause allow them to break loose and bash into eachother / fall out when you open it. It's driving me nuts as I find single strap shoulder bags get a bit weighty after a while.

My old LowePro MiniTrekker holds my X-T2 with the 100-400 and a telecon, the X-T1 with the 18-135 and the X-Pro1 with a 10-24 fitted. Still room for another lens or 2. It's a tight fit but it does all go in! When taking anything out, I take it off and lay it on the bit that otherwise rests on my back - nothing falls out. Nothing bashes into anything else either. Even with the relatively light Fuji system it's over the weight allowance for some airlines but a jacket with several pockets can be brought into play to cheat the system!

Just a simple shot taken at Folkestone Kent UK of the Outer Harbour area and Fish Market in the distance.

X-T2, 35mm F1.4 Lens, 1/800th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld. (I'm always impressed with the detail that this Camera & Lens combination can record).
Outer Harbour (Folkestone) (4)-03148 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Lovely bright and colourful shot George, good and sharp too :)

Lovely bright and colourful shot George, good and sharp too :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Excellent view. Very well lined up yachts for you.
I used to live near by in Tenterden for many years, and all the coastal towns and beaches between Hastings and Margate made nice trips out. I even spent a couple of years working in Chatham and befor that lympne and rather more inland in Tunbridge Wells and near Maidstone. I spent about 30 years in that area.

Nah, sorry mate. I'm no mechanic but I would say the shaft has come out of its mountings.

Yeah definitely broken.

What flash is that? Just got a Godox 350 Fuji flash delivered today, not used it yet but quite impressed with the build quality - well seems better than Yongnuo anyway

That flash was just a Nissin i40. Just the basic bog standard unit. It was on manual but I needed it on full power plus quite a slow shutter speed. All done by trial and error. Lots of rejects.
I think that for outdoor work a more powerful flash might be needed.

I know little about flash for the Fuji. Godox seem to be getting good reviews as do Yn. The Fuji unit seems to be pricey but there is a lot of talk about TTL & HSS but that's all above my pay grade.

I'm really just a bumbler with flash.

Reactions: nog
Kris,it might have been the xtra weight of the screen protector that caused it to fall :)

Excellent view. Very well lined up yachts for you.
I used to live near by in Tenterden for many years, and all the coastal towns and beaches between Hastings and Margate made nice trips out. I even spent a couple of years working in Chatham and befor that lympne and rather more inland in Tunbridge Wells and near Maidstone. I spent about 30 years in that area.

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply and for your comments.(y)

"I don't actually live at Folkestone although I do spend quite a bit of my spare time in that area. When I'm in the UK I actually live at "Stone" (Nr Appledore) which I'm sure you know as it's quite close to Tenterden where you used to live"

George.

Right so here's some pics I've taken of my dogs with the 23mm f/2 like I mentioned before. I've added some sharpening overall to one of them so you can see the difference. The remainder only have the eyes sharpened. Admittedly the one of Harley (black dog) with her face straight to the camera looks a bit softer but I can't remember if I missed the focus on that one.

This is the one that has been sharpened overall:

Hobbs by Kris Blair, on Flickr

These only have the eyes sharpened:

Harley by Kris Blair, on Flickr

Harley by Kris Blair, on Flickr

Got a used X-T1 with cheap xc 16-50 MK 2.

Not bad, I love the live exposure preview and ISO dial. Its feels like cheating lol.

SCORPINOK1-9_zps4tjnsqdk.jpg

Got a used X-T1 with cheap xc 16-50 MK 2.

Not bad, I love the live exposure preview and ISO dial. Its feels like cheating lol.

SCORPINOK1-9_zps4tjnsqdk.jpg

That sounds like a result Sir, "Enjoy".(y)

George.

Thanks to all those who replied to my accessories questions. I'll speak to the recipient this weekend and order what they'd actually like once shown what's available.

Hopefully can have a play with their XT-20 as was considering one for myself but nothing has appeared on the refurb store recently.

Have contemplated selling my Nikon setup many times so will be interesting to test out.

Had lunch at Mums today, then went back to Jessops and the staff put a 18-55mm on a X-T2 for me to have a quick go, and OMG the EV is unreal and it felt beautiful to hold, and so light too :)
Thank you Jessops staff (y)(y)
We keep telling you so.
Get it bought.

Had lunch at Mums today, then went back to Jessops and the staff put a 18-55mm on a X-T2 for me to have a quick go, and OMG the EV is unreal and it felt beautiful to hold, and so light too :)
Thank you Jessops staff (y)(y)
Have to change your forum name, though ...

I`ve given my half of the money to my Mum, and said don`t get it until my birthday, roll on Sept 6th :) I am reading up on the PDF Manual a lot too.
Now you're playing this all wrong.
Birthday is September 6th? Well it will be just plain daft to be given the gear that morning and expect you to be fully up to speed with it. You need to have the camera 6 weeks or so beforehand so that you can learn the controls. Otherwise your first photos are going to be rubbish.

A quick look at the calendar shows that if you take your mum for lunch next Wednesday (your treat) then you could get the camera on the way home and that fits in nicely with that time slot. Then you can learn just how it works ready for the big day.

You know it makes sense.

Now you're playing this all wrong.
Birthday is September 6th? Well it will be just plain daft to be given the gear that morning and expect you to be fully up to speed with it. You need to have the camera 6 weeks or so beforehand so that you can learn the controls. Otherwise your first photos are going to be rubbish.

A quick look at the calendar shows that if you take your mum for lunch next Wednesday (your treat) then you could get the camera on the way home and that fits in nicely with that time slot. Then you can learn just how it works ready for the big day.

You know it makes sense.

I will be up and ready to get my head round it come the end of August,as I think that is when my Mum will get it :)

Just a simple candid street style shot taken of four people virtually in step with each other. The original shot had the rest of their body's in the picture and a whole lot more, but I kinda figured the shot worked a lot better and is more powerful by isolating the legs to bring emphasis to them all walking virtually in step with each other. Just one of my "Crazy" ideas of trying to work outside the box as they say.

X-T1, 23mm Lens, 1/280th @ F11, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (5)-03060 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

It works for me George, good stuff and nice to see something a little different!

It works for me George, good stuff and nice to see something a little different!

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply and comment.(y)

George.

Just a simple candid street style shot taken of four people virtually in step with each other. The original shot had the rest of their body's in the picture and a whole lot more, but I kinda figured the shot worked a lot better and is more powerful by isolating the legs to bring emphasis to them all walking virtually in step with each other. Just one of my "Crazy" ideas of trying to work outside the box as they say.

X-T1, 23mm Lens, 1/280th @ F11, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (5)-03060 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Like this one from you George, nice shadows and lighting plus it`s clever :)

Very good George, as others have said it's nice to see something done differently [emoji106]

Like this one from you George, nice shadows and lighting plus it`s clever :)

Thank you kindly Sir, really appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Very good George, as others have said it's nice to see something done differently [emoji106]

Thank you kindly Sir, as usual I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Back