The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Ask on Amazon - the seller may well answer your question. Or look in your manual and see if the Fuji RR-90 is supported by the X-T10.

Difficult question to answer, that one:thinking:
Jaffa cakes certainly help.
Ping me your address, but I won't be able to post it before Monday as I'm off at he crack of dawn tomorow.
Don't expect RMSD!

Yes sir! I'll drop you a line thanks :)

Ask on Amazon - the seller may well answer your question. Or look in your manual and see if the Fuji RR-90 is supported by the X-T10.
I did look it up and it says it does support the RR-90 so I guess this would work as well.
I was just asking in case anyone had a personal experience of this make & model as some third party accessories don't always.
Thanks anyway.

A beautifully taken photo George, lovely textures and pin sharp.

Thank you kindly Sir, As usual I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Something totally unlike me!

v2

https://500px.com/photo/223343917/the-bridge-by-ash-smith

I did look it up and it says it does support the RR-90 so I guess this would work as well.
I was just asking in case anyone had a personal experience of this make & model as some third party accessories don't always.
Thanks anyway.

Buy it through Amazon and return it if it doesn't fit/work.

What a beautiful taken photo, love the colours and how the eye follows the pathway from the bridge and up through the trees.

Thanks mate, like I say it's really not the sort of thing I usually shoot, but where I live is surrounded by woodland and pine forest, so I figure I should start to take advantage of that! Took a little (okay a lot) of work to get the light and colours how I wanted as it was a very flat light day when I went out, but I'm quite liking it.

Went walkies down the river Boyne this eve. Complete and utter frustration on the macro side, flash refused to power up with new batteries - it was warm and sunny, but only in patches between cloud and windy as fark in between .... so none of my 'macro' shots made the cut. Got some Moor hen and Duck on algae shots in the side canal, and um ... not much else

Young Moor hens awaiting dinner [Super Takumar 200mm F4 on the XT-1]
Moor hens on alert by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

This may not seem very interesting to you, but last time I was down by this very stretch of river they didn't have these in place and there has been a fair amount of drowning incidents on this stretch the past year, so ... nice to see them in place, finally!. [35mm 1.4 on the XT-1]
River life by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Just realised, my duck shots were taken with the Xpro1, so had to chop them from here :(

Oh well, here's a random tree:
A non interesting tree by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Could someone show me the 'mushiness' or 'waxiness' or 'artifacts' in that tree image? I'm having trouble finding them :/ ;)

Last edited:
I don't know if it's just me imaginin' it, but this forum/thread sure has become extra lively and been gettin' a lot of good input recently.

Its really great in my book to see some new names on the thread, so for the likes of :- @wardy07 @GTG @Lensflare @Ms_Tex @Dave70D @erstem (my apologies if I've missed anyone) "WELCOME" good to have you around.(y)

George.
Thank you! I'm around mainly on weekends as my weekdays are filling up fast (again).

Went walkies down the river Boyne this eve. Complete and utter frustration on the macro side, flash refused to power up with new batteries - it was warm and sunny, but only in patches between cloud and windy as fark in between .... so none of my 'macro' shots made the cut. Got some Moor hen and Duck on algae shots in the side canal, and um ... not much else

Young Moor hens awaiting dinner [Super Takumar 200mm F4 on the XT-1]
Moor hens on alert by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

This may not seem very interesting to you, but last time I was down by this very stretch of river they didn't have these in place and there has been a fair amount of drowning incidents on this stretch the past year, so ... nice to see them in place, finally!. [35mm 1.4 on the XT-1]
River life by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Just realised, my duck shots were taken with the Xpro1, so had to chop them from here :(

Oh well, here's a random tree:
A non interesting tree by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Could someone show me the 'mushiness' or 'waxiness' or 'artifacts' in that tree image? I'm having trouble finding them :/ ;)

Nice set of images Sir, particularly liking the second shot.(y)

"As the waxiness is missing perhaps you should send the camera back as faulty":whistle::D

George.

Anyone got any waxy skin portraits? I know I don't :ROFLMAO:
I peeked at that thread and left very quickly. :rolleyes:
I sure wish I knew which camera, lens and/or processing method people are using to get this skin effect. I'm tired of seeing every pore and wrinkle on my face when I try a self-portrait.

Thanks very much gents. Very kind of you! Here's another....couldn't resist :D

Small Hill, Big View
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Do y'all realize just how lucky you are to live in such a beautiful place with such wonderful views?

I don't know if it's just me imaginin' it, but this forum/thread sure has become extra lively and been gettin' a lot of good input recently.

Its really great in my book to see some new names on the thread, so for the likes of :- @wardy07 @GTG @Lensflare @Ms_Tex @Dave70D @erstem (my apologies if I've missed anyone) "WELCOME" good to have you around.(y)

George.

Thank you George for the welcome, IMO this is a great thread and I look forward to joining in :)

Thank you! I'm around mainly on weekends as my weekdays are filling up fast (again).

Thank you George. I know I have been a pain, asking all sorts of questions while I got myself kitted out - but now I am up and running I hope I shall be able to contribute some pictures for people to pull to pieces. I don't mind, I have broad shoulders (well, one broad shoulder left, the other is a bit less now!) and thick skin, so be as unkind as you like, it will be taken on board and the advice / suggestions filed away for my future improvement.

I did a fishing feature for a countryside magazine the other day (yesterday?) and got some crackers. They are still in the camera at the moment, but I shall have to download them and get the batteries charged as I have a bike to do in Swansea, hopefully tomorrow, but until I get the off caerma flash system sorted I shall be a bit limited. Once that is sorted I shall be away on all cylinders. I need three decent power flashes that I can work remotely to match what I had in the Nikon system.

Last one from my quick trip into the woods...

The Tree by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Really enjoying these (and actually really enjoying processing them too) - will definitely have to take advantage of where i live more often rather then heading into the city.

Interesting processing, gives it a strange, enchanting feeling, I like it :)

Probably the last shot of Laig Beach for a while. As you can see, the X-Trans sensor has produced all sorts of strange worminess here. No wait, that's how the seaweed actually grows. My bad :rolleyes::whistle:

Whitened
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Wait, I see watery and mossy effects going on here :ROFLMAO: Great landscape :plus1:

This might be of interest to show the dynamic range in the Fuji sensor - shot with XT-1 and 10-24 :)

Before:

Melrose Abbey - unedited
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

After:

Melrose Abbey Sunset
by Mike Smith, on Flickr

Impressive indeed the level of detail that can be pulled back with these sonsors

Last one from my quick trip into the woods...

The Tree by Ash Smith, on Flickr

Really enjoying these (and actually really enjoying processing them too) - will definitely have to take advantage of where i live more often rather then heading into the city.

Loving the different colours in this well taken photo :)

Probably the last shot of Laig Beach for a while. As you can see, the X-Trans sensor has produced all sorts of strange worminess here. No wait, that's how the seaweed actually grows. My bad :rolleyes::whistle:

Whitened

Another beautiful photo David, lovely colours and a great sky.

I have the Fuji XT1 and have never been particularly happy with the AF speed, has anyone had both the XT1 and XT2 and is the 2 noticeably faster? Thank you.

I have the Fuji XT1 and have never been particularly happy with the AF speed, has anyone had both the XT1 and XT2 and is the 2 noticeably faster? Thank you.
Yes and yes also. Can't really comment on the focus speed, but responsiveness is vastly improved on theT2.

The XT-1 is fine for me, as I don't tend to shoot anything really fast moving. It's plenty fast enough even with the old 35 1.4 for kids running about, I have no doubt the T2 would be significantly better though. And rightly so! It is the main reason for XT-1 owners to upgrade.

No, not really. I still have both. The X-T2 tracks better, but single AF is just slightly faster. That's only with lenses like the 50-140, 90 and 100-400. I don't notice much of a difference at all with the 23, 35 or 56.

The handling and responsiveness of controls etc. is improved. The joystick means I get 4 custom buttons back and also the X-T2 does proper back button focusing.

The X-T1 does motorsports easily. I personally find children playing far more challenging to AF than motorsports as they move in an erratic unpredictable manner. It takes a different way of shooting.

Last edited:

Whitened

And you were telling me you did street!!!

I'm taking the Samyang 12mm out to the peaks tomorrow and even dusting off the tripod and filters (if needed and they fit, will check tonight). That'll bored the family!

Any suggestions on settings?

Cheers

I'll have to join in on here when I get something to show and tell!
Just bought an X-T10, traded in an X-Pro1 that I just wasn't getting on with. I'd bought it as a smaller camera (well, smaller than my Nikon DSLRs) when kayaking, hiking and biking but was never convinced. The X-T10 seems more what I was after in the first place. I've grabbed one of the Speedbooster adapters as well, as I have a few old manual Nikon lenses with the film camera, so will be interesting to see what comes up!

I'm taking the Samyang 12mm out to the peaks tomorrow and even dusting off the tripod and filters (if needed and they fit, will check tonight). That'll bored the family!

Any suggestions on settings?

Cheers

F8-F11
Set focus on infinity, then back off just a touch, then everything will be in focus front to back, unless you are really low down, in which case you might have to back off a bit more
Put focus peaking on
Don't forget to Set 'Shoot without a lens' - On

Cheers both :D

I hardy ever do landscapes and haven't use the 12 in a while, but do recall it being, just set it to something or another and leave it alone and everything will be in focus as its so wide.

Back