1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. dibbly dobbler

dibbly dobbler

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well I'm being silly of course but if you are shooting landscapes (I assume) with a wide angle lens and a tripod you might as well go for the aperture with the optimum sharpness (and on aperture priority mode) which is probably around tf11.

Good luck! :)

2. Mr Perceptive

Mr Perceptive

Name:
    David
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    F8-F11
    Set focus on infinity, then back off just a touch, then everything will be in focus front to back, unless you are really low down, in which case you might have to back off a bit more
    Put focus peaking on
    Don't forget to Set 'Shoot without a lens' - On

Manxmaid, Phiggys, Ms_Tex and 3 others like this.
  3. JohnN

JohnN

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Cheers both :D

I hardy ever do landscapes and haven't use the 12 in a while, but do recall it being, just set it to something or another and leave it alone and everything will be in focus as its so wide.

dibbly dobbler likes this.
  4. dibbly dobbler

dibbly dobbler

Name:
    Mike
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  5. jimmyjamjojo

jimmyjamjojo

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Quick one from the garden this morning, saw him flutter by in the strong wind and stop for a rest...

[​IMG]Untitled by jimmyjamjoejoe, on Flickr

X-T10, 18-55mm, and extension tube.

6. wardy07

wardy07

Name:
    chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Welcome aboard.
    I've purchased a X-T10 recently and am loving it. This is a very popular thread and the folk here are very knowledgeable and helpful, and Fuji as a brand is amazing.

7. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Good advice. I find the magnification focusing aid to be more reliable for me than focus peaking, but you should definitely use one or the other. Try both and see which you get on with better.

Mr Perceptive and JohnN like this.
  8. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No

Nice close up. Haven't got one decent butterfly shot this year yet. Pretty hairy dude! almost more moth-like?

Same, I find peaking too distracting and not always very precise for MF. With the magnification or focus check I can see sharp details much clearer. I trust my eyes more than the tech :) Anyone who's done some macro photography should have a good eye for detail, as MF is the only way to go in that dept.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  9. dave.hallett

dave.hallett

Name:
    Dave
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    :D When I'm in Crete (and a fair bit in Oxford) :D Not when I'm on the west coast of Scotland!

10. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    FujiDaveXX
    Edit My Images:
    No

Great close up of the Red Admiral.

11. Dave70D

Dave70D

Name:
    FujiDaveXX
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Welcome to the thread, I am sure you will like it as all the X users are very helpful :)

12. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

First of all no one's a pain for asking questions Sir, that's just what the forum's all about, to improve our photography and know how.(y)

With regards to your off camera flash set up, if you still have your Nikon flash units you can fire them off camera using any basic radio trigger and receiver units available from fleebay. They obviously would only work in manual mode though ie no TTL flash.

I still use my old Nikon SB800 units with my Fuji set up, but I have ripped the inards out of an old Nikon SU800 control unit and incorporated the circuitry from it into a box I made up with some Fuji circuitry that I obtained :whistle: it enables me to control the SB800 units all from the camera. Took a bit of working out to do but it works a treat.:D

George.

13. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

Welcome to Fuji-X part of TP Sir, "Enjoy".(y)

George.

Phiggys likes this.
  14. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I'm using the same Yongnuo flash and cheap trigger/receiver set for the Fuji as I used for my Nikon. I did have a pair of SB900 that I actually bought through here at one point, but sold them on before I had the XT-1. ALl I know is, the yongnuo designed to work with Nikon is working fine for me with the Fuji. Manual only, but the YN-560 was only ever full manual for the Nikon too.

15. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

Yes & Yes Ma'am, as a company we are PR photographers for two F1 teams. Myself & staff photographers shoot all our F1 and other motor sport work using Battery Packed X-T2 units exclusively. They are considerably more responsive than the excellent X-T1 units and are as good as the FF DSLRs that we were using.(y)

George.

tracybradbury likes this.
  16. BacktotheFuji

BacktotheFuji

Name:
    G
    Edit My Images:
    No
    What I like about the new Fujis is the responsiveness - there's no lag when shooting which can make a difference. Focus speed is improved with the older lenses like 35/1.4 as it hunts less to acquire focus.

I just shot a wedding in terrible light with an X-T20 (same tech as the X-T2) and X-T10 (same tech as the X-T1) and found that they both struggled in low light (think ISO 5000 @ f/2.8 @ 1/200th second). But...I still got the results I needed.

tracybradbury and addicknchips like this.
  17. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    I find a huge difference even between the XT-1 and the Xpro1 even, they are miles apart in terms of AF speed, EVF clarity and overall responsiveness. The Xpro1 can take an age to buffer after a couple of shots in succession where the T1 just breezes it. So I can imagine that improvement again, on top, between the T1 & 2.

tracybradbury likes this.
  18. Lensflare

Lensflare

Name:
    Simon Everett
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Unfortunately I am starting from scratch - all my Nikon gear was lost in a crash on the M40. I was on my motorbike and a fellow on his mobile phone hit a Porsche Cayenne, which collected me, on my bike, and put me in front of an E-class coming up the outside lane. I bounced fairly well, but my panniers with the camera kit in was ripped off in the subsequent crash and wasn't recovered with the bike. So I am having to get going again from a standing start - hence the opportunity to try the Fuji system. Every cloud and all that.

19. Lensflare

Lensflare

Name:
    Simon Everett
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    DSCF0010.web.jpg

Just one of the first shots I got on my day with an angler on Ladybower, doing a feature for a fishing magazine.

Phiggys, dave.hallett and Cagey75 like this.
  20. Lensflare

Lensflare

Name:
    Simon Everett
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    DSCF0145.c.jpg

To show the method of retrieve with fly fishing.
    Can you put more than one picture in a psot? If so, how please?

Phiggys, wardy07 and Cagey75 like this.
  21. Lensflare

Lensflare

Name:
    Simon Everett
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    DSCF0112.c.jpg

Again, I wanted to try and get away from the standard, fast shutter speed, action stopped picture of the action when landing a fish - so I used a slow shutter speed and let the blur tell the story. There is enough 'sharp' within the image to define it.

Manxmaid, BubbaUK, G.K.Jnr. and 5 others like this.
  22. Lensflare

Lensflare

Name:
    Simon Everett
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    DSCF0129.c.jpg

Just to prove the timing wasn't a fluke! This was with the 50-140 at the wider end. It was what I had on the front!

Cagey75 likes this.
  23. Cagey75

Cagey75

Name:
    Keith
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Great pics Simon, used to do a bit of fishing myself. Been a long time, wish we had the tech then when i was young that we have today. Would love shots like this from my old fishing outings with my Dad, Granddad and uncles. Some of whom are long gone now.

Lensflare likes this.
  24. Ms_Tex

Ms_Tex

Name:
    Kara
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Beautiful! I want to learn to process like that. Then again, I would love to live somewhere somewhere with this kind of beauty (or at least have time to visit).

I love the foreground interest here.

I would love to know what you did here. Did you lift shadows in LR/PS?

These are really nice. It looks like you're getting the hang of the X-T20 .

25. Ms_Tex

Ms_Tex

Name:
    Kara
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi! I'm new to this thread. I got my X-T1 a year ago, and an X-T10 a few months later (I bought a lens and X-T10 on eBay for less than either cost alone). I keep the 27mm lens on the X-T10 and rotate my other lenses on the X-T1.

dave.hallett likes this.
  26. Ms_Tex

Ms_Tex

Name:
    Kara
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I love when nature photos have motion blur like this. As for multiple photos in one post, just keep clicking on the image icon and adding a new URL for each photo. (at least, that's what I've done)

Lensflare likes this.
  27. JohnN

JohnN

Name:
    John
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
  28. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Haven't posted on here for a while, not really been able to get out, but did manage a trip to WWT Barnes yesterday.

Do my feet look big in this ?

[​IMG]Moorhen by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

X-T2, 100-400 with 1.4TC. ISO 1600, f8.0 1/680sec

29. Alan Clogwyn

Alan Clogwyn

Name:
    Richard Alan Jones
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I actually went into the outside world this week with the camera, first time in aaaaagggess!

[​IMG]

Not pin sharp, blowing wind made getting the shot very tricky, had to accept what blew into the plane of focus!

Phiggys, G.K.Jnr., JohnN and 9 others like this.
  30. BacktotheFuji

BacktotheFuji

Name:
    G
    Edit My Images:
    No
    It works for me :) Love the smooth in/out focus transition.

Alan Clogwyn likes this.
  31. wardy07

wardy07

Name:
    chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    I went out yesterday to play and took a couple of harbour shots at Wells-Next-The-Sea in Norfolk with X-T10 / 55-200. DSCF0352 [Desktop Resolution].jpg DSCF0353 [Desktop Resolution].jpg DSCF0369 [Desktop Resolution].jpg DSCF0370 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

Dave70D and G.K.Jnr. like this.
  32. wardy07

wardy07

Name:
    chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    This was in my garden, trying out some close focussing on the 35 f1.4. DSCF0326 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

33. Barrysprout

Barrysprout

Name:
    Colin
    Edit My Images:
    No
    The only shot I've managed to take off the camera from yesterdays fringe meet. Transferred from camera to flickr using the fuji app.

[​IMG]2017-08-12_02-36-07 by barrysprout, on Flickr

Phiggys, Lensflare, jakeblu and 5 others like this.
  34. jimmyjamjojo

jimmyjamjojo

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    REALLY like that. Nice complementary colours. I suck at these shots where the subject becomes the background, but really like them...

Alan Clogwyn likes this.
  35. Jelster

Jelster

Name:
    Steve
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Another from yesterday's trip to WWT Barnes...

[​IMG]Egyptian Goose by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

ISO 1600, f7.2, 1/1500 again on the X-T2 & 100-400 combo.

Phiggys, wardy07, Dave70D and 2 others like this.
  36. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

Very nice shot Sir, with some fine detail and good colour.(y)

George.

37. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

Great shot and idea Sir, one strand sharp and the rest out of focus works really well in my book.(y)

George.

Alan Clogwyn likes this.
  38. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

Very nice character type portrait shot Sir.(y)

George.

Barrysprout likes this.
  39. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

"Excellent" shot Sir, this sort of technique work really well for me.(y)

George.

40. G.K.Jnr.

G.K.Jnr.

Name:
    George.
    Edit My Images:
    No

Nice set of images Sir with some good composition and colour.(y)

"Not in any way a complaint about the shots, but I'd be interested to know how your posting your images on TP as with respects they don't appear to be very sharp which I'm sure they really are"

George.