The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

No need to use Flickr or any other external site. You can do it all on here. There are image size limits so I use Faststone Image Resizer. Google is your friend but it's free and works well.
Get the image to a size that is within forum limits. Most look at it on mobiles/tablets/laptops so any quality degredation will never be noticed.
Put your image somewhere you can find it. When you make your post click on the little box that says "Upload a file". Select your file and it will upload. Select the option to show full size.
End of story. Image is with your message.

Simple.
Thanks, that's another good option to try.

Hi guy's n' gals, first time shooting something in many months, I've got four days home from hospital as a we break, nothing exciting;

Untitled by APM Photography, on Flickr

I love the XF35 f/1.4R glass.
I already commented on this photo but may I also add my very best wishes and offer all the positive thoughts I possess and wish you well for a full & speedy recovery.

Hornhead, County Donegal, Ireland. X-T2, 10-24mm, Big Stopper.

View attachment 108368

Beautiful! Donegal is a lovely County, was up there for the summer a few years back, we stayed in Bundoran.

This reminds me also, does anyone use ND filters for the 35m 1.4? and if so what would y'all recommend. I want cheap, but decent. I'd like one maybe, 4 stop, for general shooting, and then a 10 stop to try some long exposures. Amazon is full of all sorts, but hard to know what's good or utter pish

Beautiful! Donegal is a lovely County, was up there for the summer a few years back, we stayed in Bundoran.

This reminds me also, does anyone use ND filters for the 35m 1.4? and if so what would y'all recommend. I want cheap, but decent. I'd like one maybe, 4 stop, for general shooting, and then a 10 stop to try some long exposures. Amazon is full of all sorts, but hard to know what's good or utter pish

IME you get better quality as you pay more. I have tried a fair number of ND filters and would rank these as the key price points (these are for circular ND, if you wanted square then you'd have to add Lee to the list)

Budget: Xsource - great value for money - can buy from Amazon (around £10 per filter)
Midpoint - Hoya ProND - fairly neutral good value filter (£30-£50)
High - Hitech Firecrest (£100)

Personally I wouldn't buy 52mm filters as you will almost certainly want to us them on another lens in the future and most are larger than 52mm. I'd buy larger and use a step ring as required.

Having read through a few posts, it seems that people are suggesting using Flickr which I do use sometimes but haven't used to post anything here, so forgive my ignorance once again but do I upload them there first and then somehow link them back here?
As I said in my reply to George, there is some ignorance on my part when it comes to posting pictures here.

You have to resize them to 800 x whatever, but I do that with the ones to upload and then just use the 'upload a file' button on the reply section.

I don't know if you guys think this one is any sharper than yesterdays uploads? Comments appreciated.DSCF0368.JPG

You have to resize them to 800 x whatever, but I do that with the ones to upload and then just use the 'upload a file' button on the reply section.
Thanks, yes I just did that with the anchor shot here. In colour this time and tweaked a bit in PP.

I don't know if you guys think this one is any sharper than yesterdays uploads? Comments appreciated.View attachment 108394

Definitely better Sir, there's generally more sharpness showing in this presentation of the same shot.(y)

"It'll still go a bit more than that but definitely a step in the right direction. Its well worth playing around with these things until you hit on a PP workflow that really works for you"

George.

Definitely better Sir, there's generally more sharpness showing in this presentation of the same shot.(y)

"It'll still go a bit more than that but definitely a step in the right direction. Its well worth playing around with these things until you hit on a PP workflow that really works for you"

George.
I appreciate your input and advice, Thank you for taking the time to look and I will keep practicing with my PP skills as they are very basic at the moment.

Can anyone with experience of panning shots using XT-1 please help me. Trying yesterday at BTCC event, but really struggled with this camera. This was with 55-200mm lens, continual focus, 1/125th, priority release, af mode = area. Not sure if camera settings or my technique or both but found it very difficult to get car in focus. Help is appreciated ...Forum.jpg

Last edited:
70-300? Didn't know there was such a beast that would AF on Fujis.

Can anyone with experience of panning shots using XT-1 please help me. Trying yesterday at BTCC event, but really struggled with this camera. This was with 55-200mm lens, continual focus, 1/125th, priority release, af mode = area. Not sure if camera settings or my technique or both but found it very difficult to get car in focus. Help is appreciated ...View attachment 108405

I have never shot sports with mine, but here's a blog that might help you out; https://fujifilm-blog.com/2015/09/2...naline-putting-the-fujifilm-x-t1-to-the-test/

Holy Moly Brian ---- Exquisite photography Sir.....!!!

Regards;
Peter

Well that is superb, congrats!

"Excellent" shot Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Quite stunning that one.....

Really superb, can't get better than this...surely!

Now that is a stunningly beautiful shot (y)

Many thanks folks for the very kind comments. I'll be posting up a mono version with a very similar composition for comparison.

On the down side, now that I am starting to use my X-T2 for LE photography, it has serious issues with hot pixels!

View attachment 108409

Just a quick couple from the garden, quick try with the Raynox150 on the XC16-50mm, just need the breeze to clear off,

Bee by David Ore, on Flickr

Greenbottle by David Ore, on Flickr

The Fly by David Ore, on Flickr

Well Stone Me by David Ore, on Flickr

Nice results David. Breeze can be a right bugger when you're in that close, even a slightly breeze across a plant you're working on can feel like a hurricane :D Can get frustrating, but rewarding when you nail a few nice ones :)

Good set of images Dave. I see you are keeping yourself busy with your new camera :)

Thank you Steve, will be even more busy when I get the X-T2 :)

Nice results David. Breeze can be a right bugger when you're in that close, even a slightly breeze across a plant you're working on can feel like a hurricane :D Can get frustrating, but rewarding when you nail a few nice ones :)

Agree it can be like a hurricane, sods law just try a macro and it`s breezy :D

Slightly different composition - it includes a distant Tory Island on the horizon - and in mono.

Interested to hear opinions as to whether colour or mono works best. The LE noise issue is I think more apparent in the mono version, and that's even with fairly aggressive NR applied to the water and sky.

_DSF4608-3abc.jpg

Slightly different composition - it includes a distant Tory Island on the horizon - and in mono.

Interested to hear opinions as to whether colour or mono works best. The LE noise issue is I think more apparent in the mono version, and that's even with fairly aggressive NR applied to the water and sky.

View attachment 108411

WOW that is just stunningly beautiful (y)(y) Mono for me.

Many thanks folks for the very kind comments. I'll be posting up a mono version with a very similar composition for comparison.

On the down side, now that I am starting to use my X-T2 for LE photography, it has serious issues with hot pixels!

View attachment 108409

This is why I prefer using Flickr to share the images, because we can have a look at it full res. No way anyone would noticed in the downsized version. Also when you quote,, attachments direct to the forum don't show, but Flickr shares do.

The mono is also beautiful, not sure which I'd prefer. Very different feel to both, and I do love B&W

Back