The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

For me. The contrast works. I like to see some Black and some White.

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Just a simple candid street style shot taken of a young lady concentrating on taking a snap with her compact camera.

After following & admiring another street photographers work (not on TP) I'm slowly trying to think outside the box so to speak and deliberately pump up the contrast etc in my street style stuff. Hence the slightly more contrast in this shot compared to how I would normally present an image.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/125th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Togger (7)-03154 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

I think that more contrast has done it a favour, very good shot and work George :)

I think that more contrast has done it a favour, very good shot and work George :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Have been testing out the X-T20 today, the Jpeg was pitch blach. This shot in Raf was put through LR6, very happy that I can do this better than my old cameras.

Susie by David Ore, on Flickr

It always surprises me Sir, just how much detail that can be recovered from the RAW files.(y)

George.

After following & admiring another street photographers work (not on TP) I'm slowly trying to think outside the box so to speak and deliberately pump up the contrast etc in my street style stuff. Hence the slightly more contrast in this shot compared to how I would normally present an image

I'm very strongly of the opinion that black and white work needs strong contrast, otherwise the whole thing can look very flat and insipid. I probably shoot more than my fair share in black and white and find the when whites are white and blacks are black the image is much more punchy

I'm very strongly of the opinion that black and white work needs strong contrast, otherwise the whole thing can look very flat and insipid. I probably shoot more than my fair share in black and white and find the when whites are white and blacks are black the image is much more punchy

Same here, go bold with B&W always, unless you are going for a very specific muted feel in particular, such as a minimalist image.

Just back from my hols and have another few days left with the boys before returning to work,have kept myself away from the internet for the last few weeks so just catching up on the Fuji thread but good to see some excellent images and a load of new post to catch up on.

Had a day out round the air bases and grab a couple with the X-T2 and 100-400.

i-QD9jSsZ-XL.jpg

i-nSk27Dq-XL.jpg

i-ZjLkqGd-XL.jpg

i-CrC3x3t-XL.jpg

Just back from my hols and have another few days left with the boys before returning to work,have kept myself away from the internet for the last few weeks so just catching up on the Fuji thread but good to see some excellent images and a load of new post to catch up on.

Had a day out round the air bases and grab a couple with the X-T2 and 100-400.

i-QD9jSsZ-XL.jpg

i-nSk27Dq-XL.jpg

i-ZjLkqGd-XL.jpg

i-CrC3x3t-XL.jpg
All great, but love the highlights on number 3.

Have been testing out the X-T20 today, the Jpeg was pitch blach. This shot in Raf was put through LR6, very happy that I can do this better than my old cameras.

Susie by David Ore, on Flickr

I have been very impressed even with the older sensor in the XT-1 how much detail can be pulled back from under/over exposed images. Nice dog btw :) very like my sister's Jack

First "proper" try at panning, could just be technique but don't understand how in this image the front of the car is in focus but the back out? From memory it was F11

You're not directly side on, when you are at a slight angle when panning at a slow speed only one part of the car will be moving at the same speed as your pan. I've got a very basic guide to panning here:

http://encounterphotography.com/?p=99190

"As you start taking these shots you will find that you are now having trouble getting the whole car in sharp focus. Only a “slice” of the car is in focus. This is due to the front and rear of the car being at different distances to you and therefore moving at different speeds in relation to the speed and direction of your panning motion."

Ukaskew has a more professional Fuji related guide here:

http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/7/fuji-motorsport-guide

You're not directly side on, when you are at a slight angle when panning at a slow speed only one part of the car will be moving at the same speed as your pan. I've got a very basic guide to panning here:

http://encounterphotography.com/?p=99190

"As you start taking these shots you will find that you are now having trouble getting the whole car in sharp focus. Only a “slice” of the car is in focus. This is due to the front and rear of the car being at different distances to you and therefore moving at different speeds in relation to the speed and direction of your panning motion."

Ukaskew has a more professional Fuji related guide here:

http://charrisonphoto.net/blog/2017/7/7/fuji-motorsport-guide

Brilliant, thank you [emoji106]

I have been very impressed even with the older sensor in the XT-1 how much detail can be pulled back from under/over exposed images. Nice dog btw :) very like my sister's Jack

Thanks Keith, Susie is a joy to photograph when she lets me. Tomorrow will be a nice test using the XC50-230mm as we are off to our local airshow :) As I know the battery will get used right up tomorrow, I taking the 70D for the last time before I see what Jessops will give me it and the last Canon lenses. Hope to put some nice shots in here from the X-T20 :)

Last edited:
Yep, so many phones....

Well my turn :)

A little overcooked perhaps but I don't often do string colours and hadn't tried out the pano on this body - quite easy really and I only got banding on one that I could see.

A sea of heather
by John Norton, on Flickr

Yep, so many phones....

A little overcooked perhaps but I don't often do string colours and hadn't tried out the pano on this body - quite easy really and I only got banding on one that I could see.

A sea of heather
Nice lines on this, dividing the scene into layers.

I'm really enjoying the X-T2 however there is something that is annoying me and I'm not sure if there is a setting to improve it.

It's basically EVF lag/stuttering when panning. I have a grip and it's in boost mode but it's still not smooth, very jumpy and quite annoying.

Any ideas? as I haven't used any other mirrorless cameras like this I've no idea if it's what they are all like, I don't remember my X100T being like it but then again I probably didn't have much call for panning.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the X-T2 however there is something that is annoying me and I'm not sure if there is a setting to improve it.

It's basically EVF lag/stuttering when panning. I have a grip and it's in boost mode but it's still not smooth, very jumpy and quite annoying.

Any ideas? as I haven't used any other mirrorless cameras like this I've no idea if it's what they are all like, I don't remember my X100T being like it but then again I probably didn't have much call for panning.
Have you got the camera in economy mode instead of performance (or whatever it's called)?

Yeah, I was wondering that, when I had the 2 I don't recall any evf lag, but then I used it in a standard way, if Jase is turning really fast I couldn't comment

Last edited:
Have you got the camera in economy mode instead of performance (or whatever it's called)?
Yeah, I was wondering that, when I had the 2 I don't recall any evf lag, but then I used it in a standard way, if Jase is turning really fast I couldn't comment

I have a grip and also have it on boost mode, I've just tried it in the house and it seems OK but this afternoon and other times I've tried it it's been pretty bad. I'll have to pay attention when I got out with it next if it is always bad or starts off OK and gets worse.

Yep, so many phones....

A sea of heather

Gorgeous! Sort of picture I expect to see on the front of a photo magazine :) Love the colours.

Gorgeous! Sort of picture I expect to see on the front of a photo magazine :) Love the colours.

Thank you :)

I was sort of pushing it a bit as I'd just calibrated the monitor for the first time (looks very muted on the other one) - totally out of my comfort zone colour wise though

Yep, so many phones....

A sea of heather

That's a very nice shot Sir, never tried the pano myself but after seeing this I'm a guessin' I'll have to give it a go.(y)

George.

Yes, do, its ludicrously easy, I took four and only the one had an issue, if I'd have really wanted the shot I'd just have taken a couple

Back