The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Could someone who has a 18-55 do me a quick favour - check the front element, with a cloth or something, push it slightly with your finger, does it move/wobble/rattle ever-so slightly? and I only mean a tiny bit.

EDIT: Never mind after some additional reading apparently this is normal... strange though never noticed it before on any other lens :)

Last edited:
No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
I'm starting to wish I'd got a X-T1 rather than the T10 - other than layout of controls and build, would I see any benefits if I changed bodies?
This may just be me 'wanting' the T1 or a bad bout of gas but I'm genuinely considering it as I also would like the battery grip with it.

I'm starting to wish I'd got a X-T1 rather than the T10 - other than layout of controls and build, would I see any benefits if I changed bodies?
This may just be me 'wanting' the T1 or a bad bout of gas but I'm genuinely considering it as I also would like the battery grip with it.

I love the XT-1 with the battery grip, I also really like having an ISO dial. Those reasons alone stopped me from trading for an XT20. Other than that though, the XT10 is pretty much the same thing, just smaller. The VF is a little better on the T1 for magnification, but there is no other difference outside of ergonomics

Last edited:
I love the XT-1 with the battery grip, I also really like having an ISO dial. Those reasons alone stopped me from trading for an XT20. Other than that though, the XT10 is pretty much the same thing, just smaller. The VF is a little better on the T1 for magnification, but there is no other difference outside of ergonomics
Thanks Keith, that's pretty much what I thought but very helpful confirmation.
If I could sell the X-E2S I got recently (impulse as I fancied trying a rangefinder but prefer the feel of the XT's), I could then justify having both the T1 with the T10 as a second body maybe.

Thanks Keith, that's pretty much what I thought but very helpful confirmation.
If I could sell the X-E2S I got recently (impulse as I fancied trying a rangefinder but prefer the feel of the XT's), I could then justify having both the T1 with the T10 as a second body maybe.

No point having 3 cameras with pretty much the same sensor, selling the XE2 toward an XT-1 sounds a good idea though, if the T bodies suit you more.

The image look like they're in focus, in around where they ought to be. I find it harder to tell much more than that with direct forum uploads. What settings? This is why I prefer Flickr shares, you get the info and can view much larger.

I am in need of a T mount adaptor, there's a number of different one on Amazon, could anybody make a recommendation?

It's to fit the DIgiscope unit on my new Swavorski scope.

No point having 3 cameras with pretty much the same sensor, selling the XE2 toward an XT-1 sounds a good idea though, if the T bodies suit you more.

The image look like they're in focus, in around where they ought to be. I find it harder to tell much more than that with direct forum uploads. What settings? This is why I prefer Flickr shares, you get the info and can view much larger.
Thanks for the comments, I'll have to load them on Flickr in future. I'll link them here so you can see what the settings are.
Re the X-T1 dilemma, I'll think on it but I'm going to get rid of the XE2 whatever I decide as it's not feeling right.

Last edited:
Got to be the 1st for me Chris, the centre is nice and sharp, like the 2nd for the nice colours going together (y)
Thanks Dave, I'm still getting used to Fuji after spending many years with Canon DSLR. I know it's not rocket science but they are quite different and I'm not sure my settings & technique are there yet.

Thanks Dave, I'm still getting used to Fuji after spending many years with Canon DSLR. I know it's not rocket science but they are quite different and I'm not sure my settings & technique are there yet.

Same here too, 1st the 1100D then the 70D. Now the wonderful Fuji, and it is a joy to use :)

Same here too, 1st the 1100D then the 70D. Now the wonderful Fuji, and it is a joy to use :)
I totally agree, I was saying to my wife earlier how good the Fuji feels and what a breath of fresh air.
I've had a few different Canon bodies inc the 1D's and I have to say they are very good but this system just ticks all the boxes without the broken back!

IMO the larger EVF is worth tithe entry price alone

X-T1 purchased and arriving tomorrow morning - found a mint one with virtually no use & with genuine grip plus the added unexpected bonus of a 15% discount at checkout so win win!
I really like my T10 but I'm going to love this even more.

X-T1 purchased and arriving tomorrow morning - found a mint one with virtually no use & with genuine grip plus the added unexpected bonus of a 15% discount at checkout so win win!

You will love it :)

I love mine, only the bloody rubber grip at the front is coming a little loose. Anyone ever had to glue their grips back into place? On any camera? This happened with my D800E too, but the guy who bought said it was an easy fix and didn't squabble over it.

That's a positive result in my book Sir, I'm sure you'll absolutely love the X-T1 "ENJOY" (y)

George.

You will love it :)

I love mine, only the bloody rubber grip at the front is coming a little loose. Anyone ever had to glue their grips back into place? On any camera? This happened with my D800E too, but the guy who bought said it was an easy fix and didn't squabble over it.

I maybe able to help you with that Sir, there's a shop in the Old High Street at Folkestone where the guy refurbishes cameras etc as well as virtually anything photographic. He's also a very good photographer. I'm sure if you give him a call he'd be able to steer you in the right direction.(y)

"The company is called "Nick & Trick Services Photograhiques" and there Tel Nos are :- 01303-487156 or 07593-071295, you can also get them via Info@NTphotoworks.com or WWW.NTphotoworks.com

Hope this helps.,

George.

I maybe able to help you with that Sir, there's a shop in the Old High Street at Folkestone where the guy refurbishes cameras etc as well as virtually anything photographic. He's also a very good photographer. I'm sure if you give him a call he'd be able to steer you in the right direction.(y)

"The company is called "Nick & Trick Services Photograhiques" and there Tel Nos are :- 01303-487156 or 07593-071295, you can also get them via Info@NTphotoworks.com or WWW.NTphotoworks.com

Hope this helps.,

George.

Cheers :) Been looking about and seems it is common enough issue. Many recommending various glues, I just need to be certain before I go trying to mend it. Atm it's only a small section that is a little loose, a minor irritation. But if it gets worse I'll have to do something. As it is merely grip, it does not affect any camera sealing thankfully.

Lovely shot of my favourite areas....limestone country. I was near here yesterday, walked from Airton to Gargrave and back in beautiful weather, but didn't take the camera because the forecast was heavy rain and didn't want it to get wet!!
Didn't rain in Settle yesterday! (for a change!)

Great that you are working through all the models so quickly! :D But please share who is offering a 15% discount?

Great that you are working through all the models so quickly! :D But please share who is offering a 15% discount?
Not so good for my wallet though, or my marriage come to think of it!
Not so much working through them, I like my X-T10 but prefer the size and extra dial + ability to use the battery grip on the T1. The rangefinder didn't feel comfortable in my hand, I prefer the central viewfinder too.
I got an unexpected 15% discount code when I checked out on EBay - the price was already pretty good but that was the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

Great news for you Chris, enjoy the camera and share your shots (y)

Can't remember which sensors the bodies I have use but I have the X-Pro1 and both XT?s (1&2), each with a lens all but glued on. I like the handling of the X-Pro for the 10-24, the way the 18-135 covers most walkaround bases on the X-T1 and the X-T2's updated firmware's abilities with the 100-400 and telecons. Having the 3 bodies keeps lens changes to a minimum (only change the telecons behind the 100-400 - the other lenses stay on) reducing the chances of dust getting in.

Can't remember which sensors the bodies I have use but I have the X-Pro1 and both XT?s (1&2), each with a lens all but glued on. I like the handling of the X-Pro for the 10-24, the way the 18-135 covers most walkaround bases on the X-T1 and the X-T2's updated firmware's abilities with the 100-400 and telecons. Having the 3 bodies keeps lens changes to a minimum (only change the telecons behind the 100-400 - the other lenses stay on) reducing the chances of dust getting in.

You got Xtrans 1, 2 and 3 in that case :D I have the xpro1 and the Xt-1, I think if I had 5 bodies I'd still chop and change lenses all the time. Sometimes I'll have the 35 1.4 on the xpro1, and a manual focus lens on the T1, but other times I'll switch them about, because they both offer a different look and feel with each lens. If they both had the same sensor there'd be no need.

Back