The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple candid street style Fujoto taken of a Shure 55SH Microphone waiting to be used by a street performer.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/240th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Open Mike-03109 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Another super sharp capture which works so well in mono. Well done everyone, this page is great!

That's a beaut.

"Excellent" Fujoto Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Beautiful shot.

That's a lovely shot Brian, and looks good for 5 min exposure. Did you have to do much to tidy up the noise?

This is beautiful...looks serene! The blues are great.

Stunning and love the colours.

WOW Brian, this is just beautiful and I love the colours.

That's a beautiful capture :)

Simply stunning Gentleman my hat off to you all.

Thanks for all the very positive feedback, much appreciated!

@Jelster No I had no issues at all with noise in this shot despite the very long exposure. Which supports what others have said here - get the exposure right (not underexposed) and noise is much less of an issue.

Another super sharp capture which works so well in mono. Well done everyone, this page is great!

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply.(y)

George.

Can anyone see how we get it? Is it a cloud/download, standalone product or some in camera jiggery pokery?
If it's stand alone will will it be a freebie like Canon's DPP? DPP is OK as far as it goes, and is reasonable for the price, but leaves a lot to be desired. many Canon users don't use it at all.
You will be able to download for free from the Fuji website. Fuji states that under the xt2 firmware update list

I think this will be one for the grey market. The savings are just too good to ignore.

Thanks for all the very positive feedback, much appreciated!

@Jelster No I had no issues at all with noise in this shot despite the very long exposure. Which supports what others have said here - get the exposure right (not underexposed) and noise is much less of an issue.

Agree with that sentiment entirely!

Guys I'm seriously thinking of selling my 56mm and 35mm and getting the 16-55 instead. The reason for this is purely financial and i wondered if anyone else had did this. I was looking at a wide angle lens and thought that if i bought the 14 or 16 the money for the three lenses would be over £1200 and the 16-55 would cost roughly half that second hand. I know there's a trade off in weight etc but for pure image quality i think they're very similar. what do you think?

Guys I'm seriously thinking of selling my 56mm and 35mm and getting the 16-55 instead. The reason for this is purely financial and i wondered if anyone else had did this. I was looking at a wide angle lens and thought that if i bought the 14 or 16 the money for the three lenses would be over £1200 and the 16-55 would cost roughly half that second hand. I know there's a trade off in weight etc but for pure image quality i think they're very similar. what do you think?

The 16-55 if quite hefty compared to the lens you list but you only need carry one I suppose, have you considered hiring one to see how you get on?

You will be able to download for free from the Fuji website. Fuji states that under the xt2 firmware update list
Thank you. I can't see it anywhere, but as usual I'm probably looking in the wrong place.
I suspect it will not be up to LR standards!

I've come from canon full frame and one of the reasons was u.d smaller system. I'll pop in and see one in the flesh to see how big it is. Is g comparable to the canon 24-70 for instance?

My understanding is that the Fuji RAW studio allows the camera to do the RAW processing but controlled by a computer rather than doing everything on the camera screen. It's not going to be anything like LR. But should allow accurate film simulations to be applied to RAW files rather than Adobe's interpretation of them.

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n170907_06.html

If you look under Fuji XT2, second point.

I doubt it will be as good as LR and probably will be used as file conversion
Thank you. As I thought, I was looking in the wrong place:eggface:

My understanding is that the Fuji RAW studio allows the camera to do the RAW processing but controlled by a computer rather than doing everything on the camera screen. It's not going to be anything like LR. But should allow accurate film simulations to be applied to RAW files rather than Adobe's interpretation of them.
Yes, it sounds like that. But the camera will only have minimal processing power so wil probably do little more than allow small "tweaks", and hopefully convert the files into a format that those who are not on CC will be able to use.
Sounds more like a marketing tool rather than a dedicated alternative to Adobe products.

I can see where you're coming from, but for me loosing the shallow DoF would kill me.

If you really want £300 we could swap my XT20 for your XT2 ;)

A good RAF to RAW conversion would be nice.

Really don't like what Lightroom does to RAF files (or the time it takes), and haven't had the time to explore the workarounds.

I've been playing with On1 RAW, it's not quite Lightroom yet but catching up quick.
There's a lot more to it than at first seems, for instance I bumped into luminosity mask the other day.
I think if I put the time into learning it it will shine
Not being able to access the Fuji profiles is the only major downside I have left

Last edited:
This new 80mm looks huge. I can see why they introduced a 1:1 macro but does it have to be so large and heavy?
I wish they would spend some resources on a new standard zoom, extend the range at both ends and keep weight below 400-420gms.

Beautiful landscapes, I have so much respect for you guys who get up early / rock up late to get such beautiful images :) Number one is my favourite, everything about it is bang on,.

Those two in the mist are beauties.

Great set, but the 2nd and 3rd and WOW shots.

Love these mate. 1&4 are my favourites.

Thanks everyone apprecite the comments and feedback. #1 has made explore on Flickr I know its some blind algorithm but still gives me a little thrill when I get one in explore :). But SWMBO does say Im easy pleased.

Wonder how the 80mm macro will shape up against the 90mm for portraits?

I would expect it to be equally as good, probably sharper, macro lenses are usually the sharpest primes. It'll have the IOS advantage, better for portraits in dim natural lighting.

The weight and the price are both turn offs though. Many will jump to it for both macro and the OIS - but really, OIS is useless for detailed macro. You will want to manual focus - which is why anyone looking for a 1:1 macro should really look into adapting macro lenses from other mounts. The idea is nice to have one lens for portrait, macro and close up but you can have the 90mm and a very nice macro lens for cheaper.

Looking forward to the X-T3's release. Shifting between the 1 and 2 as well as the Pro1 is doing my head in - the same buttons do different things! When the 3's released, the price of 2s will plummet and there'll be loads available 2nd hand so I'll replace the 1s with 2s! UNLESS, of course, the 3 is as significant an upgrade as the 2 was - but then I'd need to learn another new camera, which isn't easy for me!

Looking forward to the X-T3's release. Shifting between the 1 and 2 as well as the Pro1 is doing my head in - the same buttons do different things! When the 3's released, the price of 2s will plummet and there'll be loads available 2nd hand so I'll replace the 1s with 2s! UNLESS, of course, the 3 is as significant an upgrade as the 2 was - but then I'd need to learn another new camera, which isn't easy for me!

Just get X-E3s instead...they don't seem to have buttons :D

Nothing beats the 90mm. Ever!

I would expect it to be equally as good, probably sharper, macro lenses are usually the sharpest primes. It'll have the IOS advantage, better for portraits in dim natural lighting.

The weight and the price are both turn offs though. Many will jump to it for both macro and the OIS - but really, OIS is useless for detailed macro. You will want to manual focus - which is why anyone looking for a 1:1 macro should really look into adapting macro lenses from other mounts. The idea is nice to have one lens for portrait, macro and close up but you can have the 90mm and a very nice macro lens for cheaper.

I do like my 90mm I must admit, did wonder about maybe getting the macro but at that price I won't be.

I did something similar (although I had the 60 not the 56) and I have no issue with the image quality at all. Relative to the other lenses you're talking about, it's a chunky lens. For me, the memory of a 5d3 and any lens is recent enough that the 16-55 still seems a lighter option. For me the main drivers were financial and having zoom for a rapidly moving toddler.

One thing you could do is look at your last year of photos in Lightroom or whatever you use, and look at the number of shots at an aperture wider than 2.8. If it's a significant proportion of your shots, you might want to think again.

Do you feel the T2 is really a significant upgrade over the T1? Just curious to hear direct from someone who owns both. There's a few things about the 2 I want, but I wonder how much more is it really worth? For a shooter like me who will PP to achieve my end goal for any image regardless of camera or lens used. I am used to high end gear, I've used FX Nikons and some lovely glass over time, I was spoiled at one stage tbh. I do remember not having to sharpen or clean up noise as much toward the XT-1 ... but, I still love my wee Fooj :) What does the XT-2 offer an XT-1 shooter beyond that? I'm with you on awaiting price drops

Just get X-E3s instead...they don't seem to have buttons :D

Plus it looks like a right 'tourist' camera so nobody will ever bother you for taking their picture, more pity you :D

Last edited:
Back