The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

It's definitely a toss-up which kidney will be going....

I thought you sold one the last time you pushed the boat out Sir.:whistle::D:D

"Seriously though it sure does look to be a one hell of a good bit of kit. And for me just the right focal length for my studio (not portraits) product type shots"

George.

I'm sure it will be an excellent lens, almost all the Fuji ones are, but at that price I really don't see it selling well.

Speaking of not selling well, I'll be pulling the 20 from sale tonight if no more interest
Fuji knows that this is the only 1:1 macro Fuji mount lens so they can charge whatever they want. I think it's too expensive and although I have been saving up for this lens, I just can't see myself paying the full price for it :(

That first ones wonderfully composed, nice [emoji106]

Found another composition of the breakwater at Lyme that I had forgotten I had taken, also shot with 'that' kit lens @Mr Perceptive - it really is terrible the tat that these camera companies put in in their kits - I mean this XF18-55 is crystal clear, super sharp at pretty much all apertures and at all focal lengths, but it can't even make you a cup of tea ad toast on cold morning when you're freezing your tits off shooting a long exposure - shocking.

Think I prefer this comp' to the previous one I posted...

v2

Last edited:
Found another composition of the breakwater at Lyme that I had forgotten I had taken, also shot with 'that' kit lens @Mr Perceptive - it really is terrible the tat that these camera companies put in in their kits - I mean this XF18-55 is crystal clear, super sharp at pretty much all apertures and at all focal lengths, but it can't even make you a cup of tea ad toast on cold morning when you're freezing your tits off shooting a long exposure - shocking.

v2
You must have a faulty one then - mine makes toast. But seriously, this is a great shot and reinforces my decision to just stick with the three stabilised zooms on my T2, plus a few legacy lenses for if I should need a razor thin dof. Which is rare in my shooting.

I thought you sold one the last time you pushed the boat out Sir.:whistle::D:D

"Seriously though it sure does look to be a one hell of a good bit of kit. And for me just the right focal length for my studio (not portraits) product type shots"

George.

Ah yes... you make a good point. :(

v2

Another belter :)

I am impressed with the 50mm F2 on my T20. I've never used the 60mm.
I use it to take pics. of our new granddaughter.
Nice and sharp and focuses fast (noticabley faster than 18-55).
Face recognition is good for when she is super quick move mode.

I may well swap the 60/2.4 out for a 50/2 once they start appearing on the 2nd hand market to be honest. I have the 56/1.2 as well, but that's not the quickest cat for shooting kids with either!

Just checking the rendering of that 60/2.4 again today. Still haven't made up my mind on this one yet, I like it, but the slow focusing is a bit meh!

View attachment 110334

View attachment 110335

Two very nice Fujotos Sir, with #2 probably just edging it for me.(y)

"I'm in the same boat as you with regards to the 60mm, the focussing doesn't bother me as with a battery packed X-T2 on boost its not too bad at all. I just think it lacks a bit of natural contrast compaired to other Fuji primes. I'll probably hang on to it though as its a really useful little lens to have and sharpness wise its pretty good"

George.

That's the one fixed-length Fuji lens I have kept from my cull.

Just checking the rendering of that 60/2.4 again today. Still haven't made up my mind on this one yet, I like it, but the slow focusing is a bit meh!

Thing is, it isn't designed for quick focus applications. I think it produces a great image, love mine, but I wouldn't dream on using it for a moving subject, but it comes into it's own when shooting some things...

Both posted here before, but they do bring out the best of the 60mm.....

DSCF1232 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Arundel_3 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Just coming to the end of a very enjoyable week in Crete including a nice cold late afternoon drink with @Nod of this parish at the harbour in Chania (cheers Nod!). Packing light, I only took three lenses: that kit lens, the Samyang 12mm and a 55mm Takumar on a focal reducer in case I wanted something really fast. I needn't have bothered. Well over 500 shots later, the kit lens has yet to leave my camera :)

I have always been into Egyptian things after having a holiday in the country many years ago, then just before my father died years ago he went to an auction where he got me this piece and more for a birthday. So as the weather is not playing ball, I thought I`d get the foam core board out and try some indoor photography :) Just natural light coming in from the window.

Tutankhamun Bust by David Ore, on Flickr

That's a nice Fujoto Sir, and well presented.(y)

George.

I've never taken any notice of the OIS on my X-T2 18-55/55-200 set up, but the penny dropped the other day I don't notice any change in the view finder or hear a motor whirl as I did on my old Nikon set up. Tried both OIS settings in the menu and no change. The view finder issue might be because it's mirrorless, but I would have thought a noise would be noticeable. Is this normal?
Images generally appear ok,

I have been looking at the 50mm f2 as I want a Prime lens first, but I also like the 35mm f2, so I think I will be reading up on both to get an idea of what one :)

Just a simple Macro/Close Up Fujoto of a Feather of some sort laying on the grass in my garden. Thought I'd think outside the box with this one and knock out a highish contrast mono version.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/500th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Just A Feather (1) (M)-03157M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Back