The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I've never taken any notice of the OIS on my X-T2 18-55/55-200 set up, but the penny dropped the other day I don't notice any change in the view finder or hear a motor whirl as I did on my old Nikon set up. Tried both OIS settings in the menu and no change. The view finder issue might be because it's mirrorless, but I would have thought a noise would be noticeable. Is this normal?
Images generally appear ok,
No noticeable noise on mine, but you should see the effect in the EVF on a half-press of the shutter button.

Oh Hell. Pretty much decided I don't need an X-T2..then I saw a review of the 90mm F2....Hell..

Just a simple Macro/Close Up Fujoto of a Feather of some sort laying on the grass in my garden. Thought I'd think outside the box with this one and knock out a highish contrast mono version.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/500th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Just A Feather (1) (M)-03157M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Like that George, very much indeed...

Slightly late to the party, but that's an amazing shot. Were you tracking the bird, or just timed your shot while in focus? Can't imagine the X-T1 coping with tracking...

Mark I was in af-s mode so it was a case of following the bird and shooting 3 or 4 shots and they where all in focus, I was quite surprised thought I might get one in focus with a bit of luck.
The joystick came in handy as well made it a lot easier to adjust the focus point.

So guys, you've tried pretty much everything out there - off on my first abroad holiday in well, forever with the family and am planning on taking this lot:

X-T20 (with little grip)
50mm f2
18-135mm
Samyang 12mm
Manay many SD cards, batteries and cleaning rags.

I'll always be sunny by the look of things.

So a good choice or would you personally take something else?

So guys, you've tried pretty much everything out there - off on my first abroad holiday in well, forever with the family and am planning on taking this lot:

X-T20 (with little grip)
50mm f2
18-135mm
Samyang 12mm
Manay many SD cards, batteries and cleaning rags.

I'll always be sunny by the look of things.

So a good choice or would you personally take something else?

A pocket tripod - just in case.

A pocket tripod - just in case.
What like a little screw on one? Any suggestions, I'd really not thought of that as I have a million tripods and never use them, but yes I can see that.

View attachment 110400

Think it's about £15 from amazon and Jessops sell them too. Took it to Paris with me and loved using it. Easily fits in a coat pocket or small bag.
Nice, I was just looking at that very thing on Amazon :) ...and a youtube vid comparing it :D

View attachment 110400

Think it's about £15 from amazon and Jessops sell them too. Took it to Paris with me and loved using it. Easily fits in a coat pocket or small bag.

Great little thing it is too, I got one ages ago for the other DSLR I used, but it will come in handy for my Fuji Xs :)

Just a simple Macro/Close Up Fujoto of a Feather of some sort laying on the grass in my garden. Thought I'd think outside the box with this one and knock out a highish contrast mono version.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/500th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Just A Feather (1) (M)-03157M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Goes well with the high contrast George, good shot :)

Like that George, very much indeed...

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Goes well with the high contrast George, good shot :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I really appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Thanks guys - I might go with the Manfrotto PIXI EVO 2, looks like a cracking little chap :)

I'd not even thought of a little tripod

View attachment 110400

lol, I showed it to my wife...

A short conversation.. What is it? A Tripod... You don;t need another f*****g tripod, I'm going to start hanging those things from the ceiling....

Just ordered :D

lol, I tried blaming you guys, but its seems not... something about taking responsibility for my own actions....

Last edited:

A short conversation.. What is it? A Tripod... You don;t need another f*****g tripod, I'm going to start hanging those things from the ceiling....

lol, I tried blaming you guys, but its seems not... something about taking responsibility for my own actions....

be sure to let her know that this one will fit in her handbag.

I have one too, it's great, pretty sturdy for it's size. Not great for big lenses though, unless they have tripod collars

no i just used mine for the odd bit of wide stuff. nothing too big. was comfortable with a7rii and zeiss 16-35. so will certainly do the job with Johns x-t20 and samyang.
also works well with mobile phone holders.

and here with my old x-70
Porthcurno by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

I've got a Pixi too, it's amazing! Used it twice already this year :D In all seriousness it fits inside my rucksack (obvs!) and saved scratching the silver on the underside of my camera, when taking long exposures on seawalls etc.

no i just used mine for the odd bit of wide stuff. nothing too big. was comfortable with a7rii and zeiss 16-35. so will certainly do the job with Johns x-t20 and samyang.
also works well with mobile phone holders.

and here with my old x-70
Porthcurno by Jonathan Howes, on Flickr

Yeah, it's a great little wall/bin/rock top tripod. I've used mine for some low to ground macro. It's also useful for video, when you really don't want to slug about a big heavy tripod just for steady video capture of the kids or whatever.

Last edited:
Had a lovely Fuji moment at the wedding on Saturday.

I'm chatting with the vicar as I do pre-wedding and she says yesterday was the last straw for her due to a photographer who essentially drowned out the ceremony with his noisy shutter constantly going off, she asked me to refrain from photographing during the ceremony itself, first kiss etc aside.

I very briefly show her the X-T2 shooting in ES mode...photography is back on! She came up to me after the wedding and thanked me for how discreet I was. She was still surprised when I told her I was shooting throughout the whole ceremony.

I did have MS switched on for the key bits, so the aisle, first kiss, rings etc to be on the safe side because of the artificial light, but even then the X-T2 is extremely quiet (noticeably so vs. The X-T10 I also had with me).

A few macro shots using cheap macro ext tubes and an old Helios 44-2 M42 lens on the XT-1. I still want a better macro set up, but I like this for more 'close up' scenes rather than insane macro. [edit - had to replace a couple that were taken with the Xpro1, only fair. Just a brain fart on my part]

Into the great wide open by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Tangle Thorn by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

_DSF1703 by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Tiny Irish garden snail by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Very nice set of Fujotos Sir, with some fine detail & light.(y)

George.

That really is the most amazing & wonderful shot and I admire you skill very much. Stunning!

Thanks Chris not sure about the skill part just a matter of being out there

That's a very nice Fujoto Sir, well composed, plenty of atmosphere, and really beautiful soft light & colours.(y)

George.

Thanks George appreciate you saying so.

That's a belter! Great stuff.

Thanks very much appreciated.

That's beautiful. Such a peaceful scene, and the timing of the Swan is spot-on.

Cheers Stephen would have preferred the swan swimming towards me and maybe a bit further to the left but I suppose Im just being picky.

Lovely shot Graham! My impression that the weather has been rubbish in my absence is clearly not all that accurate :)

Thanks Dave I'm pretty sure you had better weather than we did, been pretty crap with the odd nice spell.

Back