The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Fujoto taken of some of the pods at the London Eye attraction.
As the weather wasn't up to much I've done a bit of juggling about with the processing to give a semi Lith (film) High Contrast type effect.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Eyepods-03156 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just a simple Fujoto taken of some of the pods at the London Eye attraction.
As the weather wasn't up to much I've done a bit of juggling about with the processing to give a semi Lith (film) High Contrast type effect.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Eyepods-03156 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Another good shot from you George :)

Another good shot from you George :)

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & for your comments.(y)

George.

I'd just like to say thank you all for the suggestion of the Pixi (link), I went for the evo 2, in part because it could take a little more weight, but mainly because it could do the splits and go into portrait if needed.

But seriously what a lovely item, its light, small, solid and looks and feels so nice - in fact its been branded the cutest photography thing I have now, being as it looks like a funny little spider :)

Thanks again

I'd just like to say thank you all for the suggestion of the Pixi (link), I went for the evo 2, in part because it could take a little more weight, but mainly because it could do the splits and go into portrait if needed.

But seriously what a lovely item, its light, small, solid and looks and feels so nice - in fact its been branded the cutest photography thing I have now, being as it looks like a funny little spider :)

Thanks again

I didn't even know there was a mk2 version! Wee Christmas present for meself maybe :) I love my little pixi, used it only today. Great for table top macro, or when the kids want to 'make a video' - pretending they're on youtube :rolleyes: - It cannot handle front heavy lenses very well though. It's fine with a 35mm and probably a light zoom. When I had the 55-200 that was acually manageable as it's pretty light for it's size, but it did take a bit of tweaking. I'd have to aim above where I was focusing to allow for the 'dip'.

I didn't even know there was a mk2 version! Wee Christmas present for meself maybe :) I love my little pixi, used it only today. Great for table top macro, or when the kids want to 'make a video' - pretending they're on youtube :rolleyes: - It cannot handle front heavy lenses very well though. It's fine with a 35mm and probably a light zoom. When I had the 55-200 that was acually manageable as it's pretty light for it's size, but it did take a bit of tweaking. I'd have to aim above where I was focusing to allow for the 'dip'.

Not that I have many "heavy" lenses any more but thats part of why I went for the one I wnet for - I saw a review where someone had a D800 (I think) with a 150-600 on and it was happy!

My cousins wedding, I was basically doing a second shooter role as a favor. Here are a few miscellaneous shots I was happy with. Some are XT-20 and some are XE2 but I'm sure you won't mind
Lol by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr
I Know I'm Awesome by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr
Still Love You Daddy by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr
Cheshire Cat Groom by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr
I Know I'm Cute by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr
What Can I Say? by Andrew Taylor, on Flickr

Right up my street, you've caught some lovely moments (particularly like the first one) :) Mono works well.

Not that I have many "heavy" lenses any more but thats part of why I went for the one I wnet for - I saw a review where someone had a D800 (I think) with a 150-600 on and it was happy!

Pretty good that. When I had the D800 I got a gorillapod, the standard one that claimed 3-4Kg or so, no-go with the 24-70, let alone the 70-200. I exchanged it for the gorillapod focus, which managed it a lot better, but still not perfect, there was always a bit of a dip when setting up. If this can handle that load fine, then us Fuji folk should be dandy with it :D

Just trying out a Samyang 12mm F2 on my X-T1. when mounted, the lens has a bit of "play" in it when I twist the lens. Is this normal?

How much play are we talking? Would you confidently carry the camera by the lens? does it feel like it would put strain on the mount? Curious because I've pondered on the Samyang for a while

How much play are we talking? Would you confidently carry the camera by the lens? does it feel like it would put strain on the mount? Curious because I've pondered on the Samyang for a while

It's a light lens. And I would say too small to think of carrying the camera with it. I've not noticed any play on my X-T10 but of course it's a slightly different body.

Not a lot of play. A couple of mm's. It's sideways movement (although quite stiff). The lens attachment to the camera mount is secure and tight and is normal, so does not put any strain on the mount and I would confidently carry the camera by the lens, however I do not carry the camera that way, particularly with such a small lens.

Not a lot of play. A couple of mm's. It's sideways movement (although quite stiff). The lens attachment to the camera mount is secure and tight and is normal, so does not put any strain on the mount and I would confidently carry the camera by the lens, however I do not carry the camera that way, particularly with such a small lens.

It was more a would you be confident enough to, not that you would carry it that way ;) more giving us an idea how bad it is, hard to know without feeling it. Sounds not to bad

Just come across this video... one minute in the reviewer mentions a bit of movement...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3hFaaJAibw

Ah! That wouldn't really bother me personally :) the very loose aperture ring on the 35mm 1.4 annoys me more than that would, I'm constantly changing aperture accidentally with it.

Last edited:
It's not bad at all. It's just that I only got the lens yesterday and noticed it, hence my enquiry earlier. It's a nice wee lens and will be coming with me to Lisbon on Friday. :D

Just a simple candid street style Fujoto taken of a Lady and her Dog sitting on some steps kinda deep in thought.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/900th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Friends On The Steps-03159 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Nice shot George, goes well in mono and like the shadows too :)

Nice shot George, goes well in mono and like the shadows too :)

Thank you kindly Sir, as usual I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Another sunrise with some mist must means yet another river shot.

St Helens Wharf by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Fuji X-T2 & 16-55 f2.8
I think I need to start getting out of bed earlier so I can attempt to emulate this. Great shot!
If I was being picky, for my taste the buildings are a little too bright and so it feels to me a little artificial. But that might just be my preferences.

Last edited:
Back