The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Pete. Good to see you're out and about.
Hope it's going well.
Thanks Trevor, only out of hospital for a few days, but it feels SO GOOD! I can hardly walk the length of myself and exhaust easily.

Thank you;
Peter

Finally got around to processing a few pictures from the Crete trip. My exercise for the week was to take colour pictures that made use of deep shadow or silhouette as part of the composition, and I found it very useful. Often when I looked at them later, I found that there was a bit more shadow detail than I had imagined, but there's no harm in that. Here's a typical scene from the back alleys of Chania, which also reminds me of the Luc Besson movie Diva, for some reason. The rider should really be wearing a pair of cool shades, but instead has opted for an expression of baffled irritation, probably because there is a stupid tourist standing in the middle of the alley! I used a bit of dodge and burn so you don't have to see it so clearly :)

Deliverance
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nice Sir, with good comp' and exposure.(y)

George.

Waiting in for a parcel so just a quick Blue Tit hiding from me, X-T20 & XC50-230mm. If I`d tried to clone out the twig, he`d have no head :)

I Can See You by David Ore, on Flickr

Very nice Fujograph Sir, shame about that twig but all the same very nice.(y)

George.

Last edited:
I've been tempted to maybe upgrade my X-T10 to the XT-20...but has anyone else done this and are the differences in the upgraded model worth the extra cost?
I'd appreciate real users opinions as the reviews are unclear to me.

I've been tempted to maybe upgrade my X-T10 to the XT-20...but has anyone else done this and are the differences in the upgraded model worth the extra cost?

As you know I only have the X-T20 & X-T2, but on the T20 I have the 50-230mm on & I love it. First of all I kept hitting the D-Pad, but not any more as I just make sure my thumb is know where near it.
Plus it`s a cracking little camera, and can`t wait for my shiny new Red button :)

What do you mean "ONLY" Sir, two excellent bits of kit.:D:D

George.

Only Excellent for me both of these T20 & T2, just love them :) After having that other camera system for so long, I thought I`d not get the hang of the Fuji`s so I am very happy it has come to me so quick, even though I am still learning with them :)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of a guy taking a nap. Believe it or not this guy actually slept through an air display with all the noise etc.:D

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/350th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Snoozing-03036 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

As you know I only have the X-T20 & X-T2, but on the T20 I have the 50-230mm on & I love it. First of all I kept hitting the D-Pad, but not any more as I just make sure my thumb is know where near it.
Plus it`s a cracking little camera, and can`t wait for my shiny new Red button :)
Yes you lucky b***er, I definitely can't get both but am wondering if it's enough of an upgrade from the T10 to consider swapping. It would probably mean trading my X-T1 & T10 to get one.
I prefer the handling of the T10 but losing the T1 to get the newer sensor on the T20 is worrying me somewhat unless the gain will be worthwhile.

I thought about trading my XT-1 for an XT20, but dropped the idea. For me the only true upgrade is the XT-2. I like the size of the XT-1 much more than the smaller offerings, especially with the grip.

I really like this one George, great shot.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)
George.

I thought about trading my XT-1 for an XT20, but dropped the idea. For me the only true upgrade is the XT-2. I like the size of the XT-1 much more than the smaller offerings, especially with the grip.
That's interesting Keith and I appreciate your opinion.
I thought I'd prefer the T1 with grip over the T10 but I really like the T10, it feels right somehow which is odd considering the bulky DSLR's I used in the past. That was my main reason for thinking about replacing the 2 bodies with a T20 tbh.

Last edited:
That's interesting Keith and I appreciate your opinion.
I thought I'd prefer the T1 with grip over the T10 but I really like the T10, it feels right somehow which is odd considering the bulky DSLR's I used in the past. That was my main reason for thinking about replacing the 2 bodies with a T20 tbh.

If you prefer the smaller body, then it's probably worth it for you to get the XT20, you will no doubt find it much faster, and the touch screen is a neat bonus. I just like to have a good grip. I have the xpro1 too, now I would trade that and if I could save the rest or sell something else I'd love an XT20 on side.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of a guy taking a nap. Believe it or not this guy actually slept through an air display with all the noise etc.:D

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/350th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Snoozing-03036 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Nice shot George like it in mono, a shame he missed the airshow :)

Nice shot George like it in mono, a shame he missed the airshow :)

Thank you kindly Sir, your reply & comments are very much appreciated.(y)

George.

Finally got around to processing a few pictures from the Crete trip. My exercise for the week was to take colour pictures that made use of deep shadow or silhouette as part of the composition, and I found it very useful. Often when I looked at them later, I found that there was a bit more shadow detail than I had imagined, but there's no harm in that. Here's a typical scene from the back alleys of Chania, which also reminds me of the Luc Besson movie Diva, for some reason. The rider should really be wearing a pair of cool shades, but instead has opted for an expression of baffled irritation, probably because there is a stupid tourist standing in the middle of the alley! I used a bit of dodge and burn so you don't have to see it so clearly :)

Deliverance
by David Hallett, on Flickr

I really like this. Using colour with the shadows works well in my opinion. Mono may have lost too much of the shadow details

Well I have both and use them interchangeably. For me, the X-T20 is a lot more responsive. There is virtually no lag when shooting, so it feels more like a DSLR. AF is faster when using the older lenses, the buffer is much better and you can switch off noise reduction in raw at last. It's not a massive upgrade, but it does feel more polished.

Well I'm in time on this one. The St Helen's one was a symphony is pink, but this too is very lovely. Autumn is such a great time of year for photography...

Thanks David, yep looking forward to the Autumn and Winter.

Lovely Fujoto sir, well composed, with good colour and a lovely misty atmosphere.(y)

George.

Thanks George kind of you to say so.

Well I have both and use them interchangeably. For me, the X-T20 is a lot more responsive. There is virtually no lag when shooting, so it feels more like a DSLR. AF is faster when using the older lenses, the buffer is much better and you can switch off noise reduction in raw at last. It's not a massive upgrade, but it does feel more polished.
Thank you, that helps me a lot. I read quite a lot of reviews but I always like to hear first hand from people who have experienced the differences and can offer a considered opinion.
I'm thinking about it seriously now, just the small matter of selling the other bodies to fund the upgrade.

Back