The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I really like this. Using colour with the shadows works well in my opinion. Mono may have lost too much of the shadow details
Thank you kindly! And yes, I do think it needs the colour. Interestingly, it looks good on my monitor and my phone (the latter is a bit warm) but not up to much on my iMac screen at work. Not sure what's going on there, but it's good to hear it looks OK to others :)

Here's another from Chania. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but to me this is very much the sort of thing I'm looking for. It was also educational to process, as the subtle stuff around the tree is very sensitive to minor adjustments. I may not have got it right yet - working under artificial light is always a bit hazardous! This one actually does work almost equally well as a monochrome, and choosing between them was not easy, but I do love the yellow walls of Chania Old Town...

Radiant
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Here's another from Chania. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea, but to me this is very much the sort of thing I'm looking for. It was also educational to process, as the subtle stuff around the tree is very sensitive to minor adjustments. I may not have got it right yet - working under artificial light is always a bit hazardous! This one actually does work almost equally well as a monochrome, and choosing between them was not easy, but I do love the yellow walls of Chania Old Town...

Radiant
Really like this. Simple, lovely colours and subtle yet has a strong rythem.

Radiant
Really like this one. The only thing which jars, to me, are the orange reflectors on the bike. Don't know if you could tone them down easily?

Radiant

Another like from me, i'd be tempted to clone out the graffiti but that's just me.

Just to prove I don't always shoot misty river scenes another landscape photography cliche a lone tree :)

The Guardian by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Fuji X-T20 & 55-200

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, good composition especially with the tree kinda leaning into the frame (if you get my drift), lovely colours, and nice light.(y)

George.

Hey guys, I'm rocking a Fuji Xt2 16-50F2.8 coming from canon 7Dii
I have a lot of flash experience so anything unwanna ask about Fuji or flash, you can ask/tag me

Radiant

Shame about the graffiti but it's pretty much everywhere there. :( Love the colours in the old town, especially in the warmer (light!) hours.

Radiant

Liking this Fujigraph very much Sir, good comp' and some lovely warm tones. I don't mind the graff' one bit as its just the way things are in the real world.(y)

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at of an Electric Street Light that kinda resembles an old style Gaslight.

X-T2, 60mm F2.4 Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld./QUOTE]

That's a nice clean shot George, and I love that 60mm. For a "cheap" lens it certainly performs....

Radiant
wOOw David, I adore the colours and content of this capture, sublime.....!!! That basic kit lens is simply fantastic!!!

Regards;
Peter

@Jelster

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

"Agree the 60mm is not too bad at all, bit searchy on focus which doesn't bother me as I mostly shoot fully manual. I do find it lacks a bit of natural contrast though compared to the 56mm which I also use"

George.

Last edited:
I seem to have missed an awful lot of very kind comments overnight. Thank you all!
Really like this. Simple, lovely colours and subtle yet has a strong rythem.
Thanks! It's heartening to hear that there are people who like the same things I do :)
Really like this one. The only thing which jars, to me, are the orange reflectors on the bike. Don't know if you could tone them down easily?
Good thought, and it's an easy fix IMO. I'll take a look at that.
Another like from me, i'd be tempted to clone out the graffiti but that's just me.
I know what you mean, but as @Nod confirmed, it's really an essential part of the character of the place, for better or worse. Others who know Greece well tell me that the high tolerance for it is the result of being under dictatorship for many years, when graffiti was often the only means of protest. So I leave them in, on the whole.
Shame about the graffiti but it's pretty much everywhere there. :( Love the colours in the old town, especially in the warmer (light!) hours.
Cheers Nod, and yes, it's a great colour palette, the yellows and that shade of terracotta, with a bit of white and blue...
Liking this Fujigraph very much Sir, good comp' and some lovely warm tones. I don't mind the graff' one bit as its just the way things are in the real world.(y).
Thanks George! And I agree, although I think it's an interesting question to explore where you find the boundary in these matters.
wOOw David, I adore the colours and content of this capture, sublime.....!!! That basic kit lens is simply fantastic!!!
Thanks Peter, great to be hearing from you again. And yes, the kit lens works almost every time for me. On the last night, I did some street work after dark with a nifty 55 and the Lens Turbo, but other than that it was glued to my camera :)

I had a free evening in Edinburgh so went to look at the new road bridge. The light wasn't cooperating and I wasn't in the right place to photograph it but the old rail bridge can usually be relied upon

Forth III by Ian, on Flickr

Fuji XT1 and XC16-50

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good sky, nice foreground interest, and a good bit of mono PP work.(y)

"I don't go a bundle on the big border, but Hey!! that's just a personal thing" :D

George.

I'm not honestly sure that I could ever swap my 35/1.4 out (unless I changed systems for some reason) :)

I love it too, but I am on the hunt for a wide angle also, and I know then I will want something a tad longer than the 35 for portraits. Both would be great :D

Back