The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

What didn't you like about the 60mm Sir ? just interested to know.(y)

George.

Hi George, it's not a focal length I'm a massive fan of to be honest. Therefore it wasn't getting much use, and when I do need something in that range, I tend to use the 18-55 or 56.

Nice enough lens, just didn't add anything new for mr (I have a Makro-Planar for close up stuff).

Hi George, it's not a focal length I'm a massive fan of to be honest. Therefore it wasn't getting much use, and when I do need something in that range, I tend to use the 18-55 or 56.

Nice enough lens, just didn't add anything new for mr (I have a Makro-Planar for close up stuff).

That's interesting Sir, I already had the 56mm when I bought the 60mm and I really didn't purchase it for macro work. I probably got it because I used to use a 90mm (same equivalent focal length) back in my old Leica days. But I think the main reason was that one of the camera stores back home in the States offered me the 90mm & 60mm brand new for just about $900 bucks (US dollars) a little earlier this year. I was kinda figurin' if I didn't like one or both of them I could easily out them without financial loss. As it happens I quite like both of them but will probably out the 90mm when the new 80mm macro is available.(y)

George.

A question about the XF 100-400. I have a Peak Design Slide camera strap. What's the best and safest method of connecting it, if having it over your shoulder? I've heard somewhere, to utilise the foot, but don't see how that's possible, using the anchors.

Hey all, does anyone have any recommendations of a Nikon F to Fuji X adapter? One of the cheapo jobbies? I figure for £15 odd on Amazon it's worth trying with my old 50/f1.8 and Sigma 70-300 before I sell my Nikon D50 gear. Thanks.

A question about the XF 100-400. I have a Peak Design Slide camera strap. What's the best and safest method of connecting it, if having it over your shoulder? I've heard somewhere, to utilise the foot, but don't see how that's possible, using the anchors.

I have a rapid Strap, and I use either the screw in "knuckle" that comes with the strap, or more often than not, I attach it to the Manfrotto QR plate on the foot. A year on and not a problem.

Can you view raw files in photoshop cc? Every one i'm opening is opening in camera raw and looks crazy. They look completely normal in bridge but nuts in camera raw.

Nice one :)

I think street suits you Dave, get out and do more ;)

The Helios is a fun lens, and very easy to focus I find. Before you give up on it, try reversing it over your M42 adapter ... makes a nifty macro.

I notice a huge difference between the 35 1.4 on the xpro1 and the XT-1 even, it's quite sluggish on the pro1, but I still enjoy it on there, I tend to shoot very different with that camera, more relaxed. On the XT-1 I feel puzzled as to why people think it's such a slow lens tbh, I find it pretty nippy.

Nice :D - Caterpilastics!

Thank you Keith for looking and taking time to leave a comment (y)
Always look forward to seeing your work and uploads :)

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London Trafalgar Square UK of a young man with his Guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/110th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (24)-03161 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Excellent capture George works Gr8 as a B&W image

Excellent capture George works Gr8 as a B&W image

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

I shouldn't think I'm of your fathers age Sir, but shall we say I can remember when cameras were nearly always sold with a Standard 50mm, 75/80mm in 6 x 6 cm Medium Format terms.:D

George.

Hi George just got back from my mums, the camera my dad to to have was the Zeiss Ikon Contaflex iii.

Hi George just got back from my mums, the camera my dad to to have was the Zeiss Ikon Contaflex iii.

If I remember correctly Sir, they were a fine bit of film kit and very well engineered.(y)

"Probably fitted with a Carl Zeiss F2.8 Tessar lens, which was a reasonably simple design lens but optically pretty good"

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of some people all obviously interested at somethin' down on the beach. To me this shot was just too appealing to miss.

X-T1, 23mm Lens, 1/480th @ F11, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (4)-03056 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Last edited:
Hey all, does anyone have any recommendations of a Nikon F to Fuji X adapter? One of the cheapo jobbies? I figure for £15 odd on Amazon it's worth trying with my old 50/f1.8 and Sigma 70-300 before I sell my Nikon D50 gear. Thanks.
I find K&F Concept adapters do a good enough job and are usually available from eBay for sensible prices without having to wait for the slow boat from China.

I find K&F Concept adapters do a good enough job and are usually available from eBay for sensible prices without having to wait for the slow boat from China.
+1 for K&F adapters, I've used them for a few different camera bodies and they work fine. Build quality & fit are both good too.
I've always got mine through Amazon and they arrive pretty quickly.

I have a K&F Nikon G to Fuji X adapter, it's very well built, all metal. It has an aperture adjustment, hence for G lenses, but it's not precise. You have to guess the apertures in between widest and smallest as they aren't marked - to suit varying aperture lenses. It has 6 very quiet clicks though, that make it easy enough to guess where you're at.

I don't even have a Nikon lens to use with it atm :LOL: I bought it for my old Sigma Nikon fit 150mm macro, and it worked very well with that. I've long since sold on that lens though, but plan to get some nice old Nikon primes.

I got mine from Amazon UK, was delivered here to Ireland within a week. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concept-Ad...=1506029198&sr=8-3&keywords=Nikon+G+to+fuji+x

A little pricier than non aperture 'dumb' adapters [I got my M42 to Fuji x for 9.99] but this one feels as solid as mounting onto an actual Nikon body.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that's necessary as I have the 50mm D and Sigma 70-300 APO DG?
Well at least you will cover all the Nikon mounts and the price is right I use one with my various Nikkors MFAFAFD &Afs G

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of some people all obviously interested at somethin' down on the beach. To me this shot was just too appealing to miss.

X-T1, 23mm Lens, 1/480th @ F11, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (4)-03056 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Another excellent piece of work George love this shot .
But for some reason I keep being drawn towards how they all have a different stance although they are all in a row and looking in the same direction.
I guess I’m just not the most observant person when I’m outdoors.

Have any of you ever used eGlobal for camera gear? They have some sweet prices, in particular the XT20 atm. I may have asked this in the past, but if you have, did you have a long wait? Did you run into customs? Did you have to contact them at any point?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/cameras/compact-cameras/fujifilm/

Bought one lens off them in the summer. Good price. Took about 2 weeks from order to delivery. I may have been lucky but had no issues.

A safer bet for an xt20 could be digital rev. I think they are selling for £669

Another excellent piece of work George love this shot .
But for some reason I keep being drawn towards how they all have a different stance although they are all in a row and looking in the same direction.
I guess I’m just not the most observant person when I’m outdoors.

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & for your comments.(y)

George.

Bought one lens off them in the summer. Good price. Took about 2 weeks from order to delivery. I may have been lucky but had no issues.

A safer bet for an xt20 could be digital rev. I think they are selling for £669

I'm just pondering really, as ever :D DigiRev are out of HK too though? that's €100 more than eGlobal atm

I have a K&F Nikon G to Fuji X adapter, it's very well built, all metal. It has an aperture adjustment, hence for G lenses, but it's not precise. You have to guess the apertures in between widest and smallest as they aren't marked - to suit varying aperture lenses. It has 6 very quiet clicks though, that make it easy enough to guess where you're at.

I don't even have a Nikon lens to use with it atm :LOL: I bought it for my old Sigma Nikon fit 150mm macro, and it worked very well with that. I've long since sold on that lens though, but plan to get some nice old Nikon primes.

I got mine from Amazon UK, was delivered here to Ireland within a week. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Concept-Ad...=1506029198&sr=8-3&keywords=Nikon+G+to+fuji+x

A little pricier than non aperture 'dumb' adapters [I got my M42 to Fuji x for 9.99] but this one feels as solid as mounting onto an actual Nikon body.
Thanks for the info. I'm in one of those "gotta buy it now" but I'm house sitting for friends and hence can't actually remember if the two lenses I want to use it with have aperture rings. Having never used adapters before I'm guessing that buying one with an aperture ring is wasted on me if the two lenses I want to use it with do not have an aperture ring themselves? :)

I want to use it with my 50mm f/1.8 D and Sigma 70-300 APO DG. I doubt I will use it on any other lenses, so what would be recommended? I'm looking at the one you linked :)

Thanks for the info. I'm in one of those "gotta buy it now" but I'm house sitting for friends and hence can't actually remember if the two lenses I want to use it with have aperture rings. Having never used adapters before I'm guessing that buying one with an aperture ring is wasted on me if the two lenses I want to use it with do not have an aperture ring themselves? :)

I want to use it with my 50mm f/1.8 D and Sigma 70-300 APO DG. I doubt I will use it on any other lenses, so what would be recommended? I'm looking at the one you linked :)

Your 50mm has an aperture ring, so it would be just for the sigma. If i'ts worth it to you for that? One good thing is that you can then just leave the adapter on that lens permanent.

Last edited:
Have any of you ever used eGlobal for camera gear? They have some sweet prices, in particular the XT20 atm. I may have asked this in the past, but if you have, did you have a long wait? Did you run into customs? Did you have to contact them at any point?

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/cameras/compact-cameras/fujifilm/

I Placed an order for an X-T20 with E Global on Tuesday and I received the tracking number yesterday, its going to be delivered by DPD but not sure when as I dont think its arrived in the UK yet. I was a bit sceptical as I ordered an X100F a few months ago and they cancelled the order, even though it was showing as in stock. I will update you once I receive it.

Your 50mm has an aperture ring, so it would be just for the sigma. If i'ts worth it to you for that? One good thing is that you can then just leave the adapter on that lens permanent.
So I would be able to use the aperture ring on the 50mm, but if the Sigma hasn't got one (I'm sure some pics show it has) I'd use the adapter? Both if them will probably stay wide open to be honest, so maybe it's not worth the extra money..

So I would be able to use the aperture ring on the 50mm, but if the Sigma hasn't got one (I'm sure some pics show it has) I'd use the adapter? Both if them will probably stay wide open to be honest, so maybe it's not worth the extra money..

In that case grab one of the plain ones, the aperture ring addition is the only difference

I'm just pondering really, as ever :D DigiRev are out of HK too though? that's €100 more than eGlobal atm

Yes from Hong Kong also. But faster delivery with tracking details. £100 isn’t to be sniffed at though if you don’t mind waiting a bit longer for it to arrive

Back