The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Oshiro macro arrived today, thanks @wardy07
Going to take a bit of getting used to.
First thing I did was throw out my guitar as it was disgusting.

View attachment 111003

On my way back in the door I spotted a camera shy spider.

View attachment 111004

And here's my cobbled together setup.

View attachment 111005 View attachment 111006

What do you think of the build quality on the Oshiro? I have one in my Amazon basket ages now :D will pull the trigger on it someday. Nice macro set up btw, Certainly looks a lot more pro towards the DIY jobby I'm using -

T1CtaI6.jpg

That would be a girl's hair bobbin and a section of an old milk carton :D

Still doing alright with the reliable old 35mm + extensions tubes for the moment.

Wrapping the kill by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

I would rather a dedicated macro though, I'd like to see some general pics from that Oshiro if any of you [I know there's at least 3 on here with the lens now] are willing to pop some up? ;)

Oshiro macro arrived today, thanks @wardy07
Going to take a bit of getting used to.
First thing I did was throw out my guitar as it was disgusting.

View attachment 111003

On my way back in the door I spotted a camera shy spider.

View attachment 111004

And here's my cobbled together setup.

View attachment 111005 View attachment 111006
A pleasure Colin (for the record, the lens was purchased from me on another forum).
Looking good so far, I'm just not a manual lens proficient and the macro was a step too far for me.

I see where his eyes wander .... until the wife comes out and hits him with a cucumber :LOL: Lovely B&W, well spotted
Cheers! Yes, I was originally interested in the shadow and light interplay, but it was one of those moments where you can't resist pressing the shutter button!

I had a 10-24 when I had my last T1. Sold it when I ordered the X100f.
Now I've the T2 I'm considering another.
I notice that WEX £759 or so, Park Cameras closer to £950 or so. I guess this is the beginning of price rises after current stock is sold.
Might be worth using WEX interest free finance.

I notice that WEX £759 or so, Park Cameras closer to £950 or so. I guess this is the beginning of price rises after current stock is sold.
If you definitely want one, I'd go for the Wex offer sooner rather than later as they're generally £949 including LCE now. Wex have a refurb returned one for £705 as well.

If you definitely want one, I'd go for the Wex offer sooner rather than later as they're generally £949 including LCE now. Wex have a refurb returned one for £705 as well.

I'm wondering if I can live without it....

"Excellent" lens Sir, really sharp even wide open, optically drops of just a tad at the longer end (most zooms do though) but still very good and very usable. Go for it while you've got the chance at an acceptable price. (y):D:D

George.

"Excellent" lens Sir, really sharp even wide open, optically drops of just a tad at the longer end (most zooms do though) but still very good and very usable. Go for it while you've got the chance at an acceptable price. (y):D:D

George.

I know you're right George. I'm a bit hesitant because the tenure of the T2 is not yet assured.

George.

I will often go out for the day with the 100-400 on the T2, and the 10-24 on the T1, with the 60mm f2.4 in the bag (or a pocket it's so light)....

I'm wondering if I can live without it....

I can't. I'm at the local Beauty spot. Loads of my favourite subject here (motorcycles). I'm going home to order the 10-24. Today I could really do with it. There's not a lot of space between the bikes.

Bit more from Chania. Amusingly, there is quite a bit of potential symbolism in here, If you want social comment, old vs new Greece. For a more general approach, ideas about time passing at different speeds (light, pedestrians, building decay). Or for the surrealists, the way the motor scooter appears to be watching the pedestrians :). Needless to say, none of this was in my mind at the time, I was just looking for something that "went with" an interesting building. Maybe one day the rest of photography will come sufficiently automatically to me that I'll have enough brain space left to do this kind of thing on purpose. Or not...:)

Penumbral
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Last edited:
Bit more from Chania. Amusingly, there is quite a bit of potential symbolism in here, If you want social comment, old vs new Greece. For a more general approach, ideas about time passing at different speeds (light, pedestrians, building decay). Or for the surrealists, the way the motor scooter appears to be watching the pedestrians :). Needless to say, none of this was in my mind at the time, I was just looking for something that "went with" an interesting building. Maybe one day the rest of photography will come sufficiently automatically to me that I'll have enough brain space left to do this kind of thing on purpose. Or not...:)

Penumbral

That Fujigraph works pretty well for me Sir, that decay etc is interesting to see (photographically speaking) not just the buildings but the edge of the sidewalk as well. I reckon this shot would work equally well with a high contrast mono presentation.(y)

"It doesn't bother me in any way, but I'm a guessin' the "Camera Club Brigade" (purists etc) would probably offer you criticism for have the people walking out of the frame" :D

George.

I can't. I'm at the local Beauty spot. Loads of my favourite subject here (motorcycles). I'm going home to order the 10-24. Today I could really do with it. There's not a lot of space between the bikes.

That's what I like to hear Sir, "RESULT" "RESULT" "RESULT" (y):D:D

George

Penumbral
Another cracker capture with the XF18-55mm (basic) kit lens ~~~ simply awesome!!

Regards;
Pete

Penumbral

Quite apart from it having been taken in one of my favourite cities, I like this on several levels. Slightly oddly (given my comment on the graffiti in one of your previous shots), I like the randomness of a dip being the subject for no apparent reason. Love the doors and the juxtaposition of the old green ones next to the relatively modern roller shutter beside it. Strange not to see loads of litter in the gutter! I wonder what the shop used to sell when it was open?

Penumbral

Like this

It should definitely remain in colour, the building patrina would be lost in a mono conversion. I would though consider a samll crop left, bottom and right, mainly to remove the litter at the bottom and the half a parking sign (though both could esily be cloned out!

That Fujigraph works pretty well for me Sir, that decay etc is interesting to see (photographically speaking) not just the buildings but the edge of the sidewalk as well. I reckon this shot would work equally well with a high contrast mono presentation.(y)

"It doesn't bother me in any way, but I'm a guessin' the "Camera Club Brigade" (purists etc) would probably offer you criticism for have the people walking out of the frame" :D

George.

Ha! Thanks very much George, and this is why you should never ever submit anything to a Camera Club competition :D. The answer of course, he said loftily, is that by walking out of the frame, the pedestrians are emphasising the abandonment of the building! Not that I was thinking anything like that at the time... :cool:

You're right that it does work in mono, but I think it's a bit of a shame to lose the colours. Just for you, here's a quick effort with SilverFX Pro

Penumbral mono
by dave.hallett on Talk Photography

Another cracker capture with the XF18-55mm (basic) kit lens ~~~ simply awesome!!

Regards;
Pete

Cheers Pete, very kind!

Quite apart from it having been taken in one of my favourite cities, I like this on several levels. Slightly oddly (given my comment on the graffiti in one of your previous shots), I like the randomness of a dip being the subject for no apparent reason. Love the doors and the juxtaposition of the old green ones next to the relatively modern roller shutter beside it. Strange not to see loads of litter in the gutter! I wonder what the shop used to sell when it was open?

Thanks! I also wonder why someone has written "tzatziki" on the door?! Maybe it's his graffiti sig?:D

Like this

It should definitely remain in colour, the building patrina would be lost in a mono conversion. I would though consider a samll crop left, bottom and right, mainly to remove the litter at the bottom and the half a parking sign (though both could esily be cloned out!

Ooh, good spot on the green litter, thank you! I had missed that. I wouldn't want to crop any tighter on the right, but while I'm there cloning out the litter, I may as well do the sign at the same time. Cheers!

Ha! Thanks very much George, and this is why you should never ever submit anything to a Camera Club competition :D. The answer of course, he said loftily, is that by walking out of the frame, the pedestrians are emphasising the abandonment of the building! Not that I was thinking anything like that at the time... :cool:

You're right that it does work in mono, but I think it's a bit of a shame to lose the colours. Just for you, here's a quick effort with SilverFX Pro

As my wife often says to me Sir, you've got an answer for everything.:whistle::D(y)

"As you say it does work pretty well in mono, but I do agree with you that it is a bit of a shame to lose the colours"

George.

I thought you sent it back ?

Back