The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of a young man with his Guitar doing a bit of street playing.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/140th @ F5.0, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (1) (M)-0330M by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
You've captured the moment in this nice contrasty shot, George.

You've captured the moment in this nice contrasty shot, George.

Thank you kindly Sir, It's very much appreciated you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Been out with the 10 stop by the coast again...

v2

https://500px.com/photo/229543463/highcliffe-defences-by-ash-smith

Normally in this kind of light I'd be thinking about some kind of approach of blending exposures (I hesitate to call it HDR, as that gives people the wrong idea). But with so much movement, it wasn't really on the cards. So I just had to expose for the highlights and hope for the best. I think the little X-Trans sensor did rather well. :) Inevitably, there was a bit of CA on specular highlights to clean up, but that wasn't difficult. Other than that, I pretty much got what I wanted...

Hurtle
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Normally in this kind of light I'd be thinking about some kind of approach of blending exposures (I hesitate to call it HDR, as that gives people the wrong idea). But with so much movement, it wasn't really on the cards. So I just had to expose for the highlights and hope for the best. I think the little X-Trans sensor did rather well. :) Inevitably, there was a bit of CA on specular highlights to clean up, but that wasn't difficult. Other than that, I pretty much got what I wanted...

Hurtle
by David Hallett, on Flickr

That's awesome!

Those asking about E Global purchased an XT20 last Tuesday and delivered today by DPD so 6 days in total, pretty impressed.

My XT10 is now in the classifieds if anyone is after one.
I'll be interested to hear your comparison between the T10 & T20 as I've been swaying towards doing similar myself.

Those asking about E Global purchased an XT20 last Tuesday and delivered today by DPD so 6 days in total, pretty impressed.

My XT10 is now in the classifieds if anyone is after one.

This really isn't helping! I was about to post here asking for people to convince me that my photography wouldn't benefit from a switch to an X-T20/X-T2 and then I read this haha!

I've pondered for a long time on switching the XT-1 to an XT20 but I think the smaller size, without a battery grip would do my head in :D the price of the XT20 on there is just so good, I could easily sell the XT-1 + grip for the amount needed locally. I think if it had the thumb stick I'd already have done it and gotten some kind of extra grip. I don't really see much else by way of improvement, if I had the XT10 I would certainly go for it though

Last edited:
Just been watching a professional fashion/advertisement shoot outside our office. Guy with a Nikon has a cable to a laptop sitting on a tripod. I really, really wanted to ask him why he couldn't tether via wireless - so last decade :fuji:

Started sunny so off we went to Shoreham, and it was grey day. X-T2 + XF 18-55mm manual mode. The wooden bridge is the same one where all the flowers were placed after the jet crashed, the church is one of a couple in Shoreham.

Shoreham Wooden Bridge by David Ore, on Flickr

Shoreham Church by David Ore, on Flickr

Not sure if this is a good thing or bad, but one of my other "things" is watches and I was in the process of securing another one only to find out that it would likely be 12 months minimum on the waiting list - and my local dealer wouldn't put me on his waiting list anyway as there are already 12 on it.

Start scouring the second hand market only to find that most sellers are pricing at above retail (taking advantage of supply and demand I guess). However, today have been speaking to chap selling a minty one at a very "reasonable" price (i.e below retail). The upshot of this is that it is likely that I will be spending approx' £1000 less than I though I would have to... so seeing that in my mind I had basically spent that money anyway... I mean... well it would almost be silly not to do something camera-ish... wouldn't it...

Last edited:
Not sure if this is a good thing or bad, but one of my other "things" is watches and I was in the process of securing another one only to find out that it would likely be 12 months minimum on the waiting list - and my local dealer wouldn't put me on his waiting list anyway as there are already 12 on it.

Start scouring the second hand market only to find that most sellers are pricing at above retail (taking advantage of supply and demand I guess). However, today have been speaking to chap selling a minty one at a very "reasonable" price (i.e below retail). The upshot of this is that it is likely that I will be spending approx' £1000 less than I though I would have to... so seeing that in my mind I had basically spent that money anyway... I mean... well it would almost be silly not to do something camera-ish... wouldn't it...

Man Maths, a wonderful thing.....

Love your reasoning. I have a "camera fund" which SWMBO allows me to spend as I wish. The financing of this fund is very creative ....

Last edited:
This really isn't helping! I was about to post here asking for people to convince me that my photography wouldn't benefit from a switch to an X-T20/X-T2 and then I read this haha!
Well this place is a permanent GAS attack :) But if you want someone to play Devil's advocate (so to speak, although it feels the other way around!), what problem are you trying to solve by changing bodies? What pictures do you want to take that your current set up either won't deliver, doesn't do justice to, or makes unnecessarily difficult?

I can't afford it, but that Leica Q in the classifieds that Shane's selling seems the business.

No way I'd pay that much for a fixed lens anything! You could have an amazing photography package for £3K - I see absolutely nothing special about that camera. I have yet to see images from a camera like that, or any Leica, that couln't be done using other models. I think most of Leica 'charm' is placebo tbh.

Well this place is a permanent GAS attack :) But if you want someone to play Devil's advocate (so to speak, although it feels the other way around!), what problem are you trying to solve by changing bodies? What pictures do you want to take that your current set up either won't deliver, doesn't do justice to, or makes unnecessarily difficult?

Thank you for trying Dave, my head appreciates it (if not my heart!). That's exactly the point, there's no problem I'm trying to solve - although I am am enjoying a 2.39:1 crop at the moment, so a 24mp sensor would leave me with a 16mp image with that crop, so could still print large if required (really clutching at straws here!).

Of course one could easily apply the same logic to the watch thing too - I mean the watch I am wearing now tells the time and whilst not a chronometer is still plenty accurate (and the Bremont I have upstairs is a chronometer, as is the Heuer and the Baume & Mercier) - so another new one doesn't really solve a problem either haha (i'm telling myself it's an investment!)

On that note does anyone want to to swap their X-T2 for an Oris Artelier Chronograph ;)

Last edited:
Couple shots from T2, nothing special and the second illustrates why i want the 10-24 (now ordered)

Edit...postman has just delivered it..WoOt !!

BSA Singles - Version 2 by Trevor, on Flickr

Road Rocket ? by Trevor, on Flickr

Couple of very nice shots Sir, I love those old bikes and my Dad still has a 500cc Gold Star (Goldie) that he bought new many many moons ago back in the early 60s I think.(y)

"Congrat's on the 10-24mm lens, as you well know they are an extremely good optic"

George.

Last edited:
Nice sharp, well-composed and converted shot.

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

Are you have a B&W phase Gerge? :D

Nice sharp image, nice tones too...

Thank you kindly Sir, I much appreciate you taking the time to reply & comment.(y)

"Not really having an intentional mono phrase, I really love to work in mono though and it just happens that most of the snaps that I'm posting at the moment I feel work better in mono than in colour"

George.

Back