The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Enough boring bits of stone. Here's a bit more Chania nightlife. Lighting inspired by Rembrandt, perhaps, but thanks to the light picking out the child over his parents, the overall effect is more like the sentimentality of Norman Rockwell :) This should probably have been taken with my Lens Turbo setup, but actually it's the kit lens again...

Street food
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Last edited:
Obviously not up to the job and must emphasise use some kind of metal split ring albeit circular or triangular.
Personally lost faith completely in these connectors and will bin the lot, even the new ones I have.
I use these Optech connectors with the triangular split ring. Have done for a few years now, with no problems at all.

I use these Optech connectors with the triangular split ring. Have done for a few years now, with no problems at all.

Therein lies another problem on the older cameras such as the X-Pro1 and others without the eyelet insert.
The triangular rings are made of harder material than the eyelet which caused it to wear away hence the insert on later models such as the X-T1

Ironically its this insert that has the sharp edges which fray the cord type connectors, bit of a catch 22 situation really.

Still need to be used with a split ring otherwise the sharp inside of the eyelet insert will fray the cord.

When I had canon I had to use the Optech just to help, but as soon as I went all Fuji I just use what came in the box with the camera, good old neck strap :)

Awful thing and the reason many stay unused and unopened, if it suits you though that's a good result

I can't deal with neck straps either, apart from the fact they make you look like a tourist :D they're not comfortable and a bit too restrictive. When I used bigger cameras I used a Black Rapid sport strap whenever I had a heavy-ish lens attached Great strap, allows movement from hip to eye level quickly, and in between the wight is taken by your shoulder rather than your neck. Mostly though, I go strapless :oops: :$ Atm I only have a wrist strap on the XT-1, which I don't actually use, it's there for show (was a present) and on the xpro1 - no strap at all. In the 20+ years I've been into photography and using cameras regular, I have never once dropped one. It's why I like cameras to have a good grip I guess, I trust my fingers not to fall asleep once I have a reliable enough grip to hang on to.

Last edited:
Have been using PD since they first came out. Not had any issues with the anchor links, fraying or whatever. But just to be on the safe side, I have the newer ones as a backup.

I only use the neck strap now, as I don`t have to worry about weight. Plus I like the tourist look :D:D

It might be the best way to approach street shooting! Maybe we all have it wrong? We try sneak around in the shadows, or become invisible, which probably draws more attention :D maybe going full on obnoxious cowboy hat + shades, fannypack [as the Americans call them] loud shirts and Hawaiian shorts [even in winter] and just blatantly take shots of anyone and everything that moves - nobody ever says a thing to them :whistle::snaphappy::wave:

Nope. Nothing like that. Holes are much smaller. I'll get a photo when I'm dressed. (Don't get excited I've just been on the bike!)

maybe going full on obnoxious cowboy hat + shades, fannypack [as the Americans call them] loud shirts and Hawaiian shorts [even in winter] and just blatantly take shots of anyone and everything that moves - nobody ever says a thing to them :whistle::snaphappy::wave:

Not all Americans wander about like that Sir, well I don't anyway.:D:D But I still like to use a neck strap but something more substantial than the one that came withe the camera.(y)

George.

Nope. Nothing like that. Holes are much smaller. I'll get a photo when I'm dressed. (Don't get excited I've just been on the bike!)

Just thought you were one of those herberts that went down the shop in their night clobber.

I only use the neck strap now, as I don`t have to worry about weight. Plus I like the tourist look :D:D

I don't know about trying to look like a tourist Sir, but my preference is definately for a neck strap.(y)

George.

Enough boring bits of stone. Here's a bit more Chania nightlife. Lighting inspired by Rembrandt, perhaps, but thanks to the light picking out the child over his parents, the overall effect is more like the sentimentality of Norman Rockwell :) This should probably have been taken with my Lens Turbo setup, but actually it's the kit lens again...

Street food
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, great composition, and well handled exposure & presentation.(y)

George.

Definitely on the X-T1, little bit of macro going on here

Insert.jpg

Not all Americans wander about like that Sir, well I don't anyway.:D:D But I still like to use a neck strap but something more substantial than the one that came withe the camera.(y)

George.

Don't worry, many Irish wander about even worse when abroad :LOL:

Just thought you were one of those herberts that went down the shop in their night clobber.
Yes. That as well!

Here's a shot of the eyelet on my T1. The T2 is the same. The split ring fills the hole more or less completely. There is no way that an Optech loop will fit in there even if the split ring is taken out. Are you dealing with older models? FUJI1127.jpg

Don't worry, many Irish wander about even worse when abroad :LOL:

Peoples dress sense doesn't bother me in the slightest Sir, wear what ever your happy with and whatever floats your boat. "BE YOURSELF" :D:D

George.

Yes. That as well!

Here's a shot of the eyelet on my T1. The T2 is the same. The split ring fills the hole more or less completely. There is no way that an Optech loop will fit in there even if the split ring is taken out. Are you dealing with older models? View attachment 112187

Yet it does, just a bog standard X-T1
Insert 4.jpg

that looks like a diabolical lug to me. looks battered worn and asking for trouble.

Seen better, but it went on the X-E2 which is in better nick, my cameras are not cupboard queens

Yet it does, just a bog standard X-T1
View attachment 112188

Seen better, but it went on the X-E2 which is in better nick, my cameras are not cupboard queens
Well there's something odd somewhere. Just tried and there's no way that my Optech loops will go through those holes. England have more chance of winning the World Cup! The hole is way too small and is only just big enough for the split ring to go through.

Nope. No inserts on either the T1 or T2, and a much smaller hole.

Well there's something odd somewhere. Just tried and there's no way that my Optech loops will go through those holes. England have more chance of winning the World Cup! The hole is way too small and is only just big enough for the split ring to go through.

Takes a bit of patience, but used those mini QD Loops on all my cameras until the failure so not sure what to say apart from Come on England.

Seems weird your camera doesn't have the inserts/bushes, but mine and Stephen's has along with others who have mentioned removing them.

Last edited:
Takes a bit of patience, but used those mini QD Loops
Well my Optech loops won't go through. End of. If yours do then I assume that you have forced them through which is a recipe for failure. I can't see how to get one through, never mind the pair. There simply isn't room. We need a meet to get to the bottom of this!

Well my Optech loops won't go through. End of. If yours do then I assume that you have forced them through which is a recipe for failure. I can't see how to get one through, never mind the pair. There simply isn't room. We need a meet to get to the bottom of this!

Meet is definitely needed, any ideas, somewhere midway perhaps?

Hi all,

not sure if its been mentioned but there is a talk of a Fuji price increase coming this month.
Some prices as follows:-

Fuji XT-20 -£849
Fuji XT-2 - £1699
Fuji XT-2 with 18-55 - £1899

Take note of the word "mini" optech loops come in different sizes.
2017-10-10 12.34.00.jpg
The X-T2 also has the insert in the eyelets to prevent wear.

Take note of the word "mini" optech loops come in different sizes.
View attachment 112192
The X-T2 also has the insert in the eyelets to prevent wear.
Thank you Colin. That probably accounts for the difference in our experiences.
We are now continuing this discussion, which has turned into the possibility of a meet up, by PM. If anything major develops we will let you know.
P.S. What is there to see/photograph in Sheffield?

Hi all,

not sure if its been mentioned but there is a talk of a Fuji price increase coming this month.
Some prices as follows:-

Fuji XT-20 -£849
Fuji XT-2 - £1699
Fuji XT-2 with 18-55 - £1899

Jessops have just put those prices up, Wex are still the same at the moment but will put up when ever, glad I got mine when I did :)

Back