The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Isn't there a grip already for the XT-10 that fits the T20?

The XT-2s with IBIS rumour is juicy! for many reasons. These are just my assumptions;

Many current XT-2 owners will be flogging their XT-2 bodies en masse early next year - great for XT-1/10 owners looking to upgrade.
It will stomp out one major reason that some Fuji users make the switch to M43
It will attract more videographers to the system, and even Sony users if the IBIS is well implemented [Sony's is nothing on M43 IBIS atm] - this will affect the used market also, with many of them looking to offload Canon/Nikon dslrs and Sony FF bodies.
It will be a beautiful thing if Fuji's IBIS works with LEGACY lenses .... oh yes ...

The XT-2s with IBIS rumour is juicy! for many reasons. These are just my assumptions;

Many current XT-2 owners will be flogging their XT-2 bodies en masse early next year - great for XT-1/10 owners looking to upgrade.
It will attract more videographers to the system, and even Sony users if the IBIS is well implemented [Sony's is nothing on M43 IBIS atm] - this will affect the used market also, with many of them looking to offload Canon/Nikon dslrs and Sony FF bodies.
It will be a beautiful thing if Fuji's IBIS works with LEGACY lenses .... oh yes ...

Keeping my powder dry for the possible XT-2s, just hope they test it properly and don't rely on endless firmware updates

IBIS might need a new larger lens mount to better expose the sensor. and even an adapter to mount existing lenses.

Fujirumors is a click bait site.I'd take their forecasts with a pinch of salt, they have been wrong as many times as right!!! X-T2S rumours go back a long time on the FujiRumors site

IBIS is extremely unlikely on the existing X-T series as the lens mount and image circle is very tight and optimised for a static APSC sensor, indeed Fuji Technical People have stated in the past that it will not be possible to add IBIS to their cameras with the existing elnses mounting arrangement. Of course if you took a hit on resolution then you might be able to add IBIS, and maybe there could be two modes eg 24MP for statis (IBIS off) or say 22MP for IBIS enabled.

On the whole I don't think Fuji users switch to M43 because of IBIS, people who have changed in the past have done it because of the range of available lenses, but this has been mainly addressed by Fuji (at a price though)

The Grip for the X-T20 is from Meike :) £45 on Amazon, thought some might like the New X-T2s :)

IBIS might need a new larger lens mount to better expose the sensor. and even an adapter to mount existing lenses.

Pentax managed it ok, can't see a new mount or adapter being needed.

Admittedly though my knowledge of anything to do with sensor engineering is nil

Last edited:
I will definitely get an X-T2s if the IBIS works on all lenses, not just Fuji's own. Atm I'm looking to have a play around with older m43 bodies for some mini projects, because of the stabilization for video and adapted lenses. I know that a lot of 'vloggers' won't touch Fuji for the lack of it. If they can match that 5-axis m43 goodness, they could very quickly take over the mirrorless scene. IMO it is the only thing the newer Fuji cameras lack.

Fujirumors is a click bait site.I'd take their forecasts with a pinch of salt, they have been wrong as many times as right!!! X-T2S rumours go back a long time on the FujiRumors site

IBIS is extremely unlikely on the existing X-T series as the lens mount and image circle is very tight and optimised for a static APSC sensor, indeed Fuji Technical People have stated in the past that it will not be possible to add IBIS to their cameras with the existing elnses mounting arrangement. Of course if you took a hit on resolution then you might be able to add IBIS, and maybe there could be two modes eg 24MP for statis (IBIS off) or say 22MP for IBIS enabled.

On the whole I don't think Fuji users switch to M43 because of IBIS, people who have changed in the past have done it because of the range of available lenses, but this has been mainly addressed by Fuji (at a price though)

Of course, the range of lenses is pretty juicy too, but I would say the IBIS is also very attractive, it is to me.

I rarely actually check Fuji rumours myself, but when people start posting rumours from there, they often end up being right.

The Grip for the X-T20 is from Meike :) £45 on Amazon, thought some might like the New X-T2s :)

A fuji official grip for the XT-20 is going to be triple that sadly. If they actually brought out a chunkier battery grip, a mini version of the one for the XT-1, I'd trade up. But ... they never will

Last edited:
Like the X-Pro1S and the Ultimate X New Camera Body :exit:
To be fair they are called "rumors" albeit spelt incorrectly, but the definition is "a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth"

Their MD stated that their lens mount was not wide enough for IBIS without unacceptable vignetting.
They have eithr found a new way around the problem or changed the mount in some way.

Pretty stunned at these price increases...over £1600.00 for a camera that's been on the market for a year already? :eek:

Maybe not a coincidence that they are due to announce some sort of discount deal in mid October

Pentax had the advantage of using a lens mount that was designed for full frame along with lenses designed that way. So there was scope for ibis on apsc. The impressive thing was getting ibis on the k1 with existing lenses.

Update on the XT1 peeling grip return.

Well got an update this morning and they initially said it was out of warranty, so a £140 bill. Called the support centre who apologised and said it was an admin error, flagged it as in warranty and cleared the fund request :)

So minor mistake aside looking good.

Last edited:
I'm laid up with a bad back, so poor Bella is reluctantly modelling today (X-T1 with 18-55 lens) ...

Bella by CFC Photo, on Flickr

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, really nice pose, nice and sharp where it needs to be, and well handled exposure giving a full range of tones with detail in the highlights & shadows.(y)

"Hope your back soon gets to be better"

George.

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, really nice pose, nice and sharp where it needs to be, and well handled exposure giving a full range of tones with detail in the highlights & shadows.(y)

"Hope your back soon gets to be better"

George.

Appreciate that... (from one George to another!) :jimlad:

Back