The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

@Dave70D I wonder if your able to answer a question for me Sir, when I was in your area (Brighton) a few weeks past I took some snaps of a tourist attraction construction a short distance towards the east of the Palace Pier but failed to make a definite note of what it was called. Its a tower construction whereby folk get to the top and then can get a ride down in some sort of harness affair. Am I correct in thinkin' this things called "The Brighton Zip"? If you can help it would be appreciated.(y)

George.

@Dave70D I wonder if your able to answer a question for me Sir, when I was in your area (Brighton) a few weeks past I took some snaps of a tourist attraction construction a short distance towards the east of the Palace Pier but failed to make a definite note of what it was called. Its a tower construction whereby folk get to the top and then can get a ride down in some sort of harness affair. Am I correct in thinkin' this things called "The Brighton Zip"? If you can help it would be appreciated.(y)

George.

Hi George, yes it is the Brighton Zip :)

Hi George, yes it is the Brighton Zip :)

Many thanks kind Sir, much appreciated.(y) That's an extra apple & orange for you at Christmas.:D

George.

Double check approved suppliers on cash back as Amazon don’t always qualify as they often supply non-UK lenses.

I noticed Currys are on the authorised dealer list but PC World isn’t!

A few randoms from this week:

Fade to banana by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Skate Fall by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

This one was shot with an old 200mm Takumar, a 4 second exposure with the lens just rested on a box at the window - it's blurred, but I still liked the result
Eerie moon by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

And this is just a little maple tree outside the front of the house, I just loved the colours of the leaves, grabbed a shot before they blow away
Before the fall by Enticing Imagery, on Flickr

Last edited:

This one was shot with an old 200mm Takumar, a 4 second exposure with the lens just rested on a box at the window - it's blurred, but I still liked the result

And this is just a little maple tree outside the front of the house, I just loved the colours of the leaves, grabbed a shot before they blow away
Good God I love the colours in the skateboard one.

Nice set of Fujigraphs Sir, with #1 being my fav' and #4 for the beautiful colours.(y)

George.

Good God I love the colours in the skateboard one.

Cheers, I had a good mess about with saturations on that one, or trying to tame them, the wheels are pretty colourful and I wanted to blend them in better with the leaves :)

Nice set of Fujigraphs Sir, with #1 being my fav' and #4 for the beautiful colours.(y)

George.

Thanks George, it is a lovely little tree. Unfortunately the one outside our garden got culled by the dumb council when they were re-working the footpaths :( this one here is outside our neighbour's

After all that garish colour from me, some tasteful monochrome. Or some monochrome, at any rate :)

Plants
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Love the light across the plants, gives the images some nice depth, very nice processing :)

Had a fun day at the Brands BSB round today, spent most of the day using slowish shutter speeds.

Jake Dixon by Graham Norton, on Flickr

Fuji X-T20 and 90mm f2.

Great sense of speed, I think I would actually pee my pants on the back of one of those! :D

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed, great use of the light, and works real good in mono.(y)

George.
Thanks George! The walls of Chania are so colourful that it wasn't easy even to think of mono, but once I tried it, it was clearly an improvement to my eye.

Maybe one day I'll know for sure when I take a shot whether it's going to be colour or mono down the line, but at the moment, life remains full of surprises... ;)

Hi guys, on X-T20, if I set my camera to S mode, I can't choose the photometry. If it's in manual I can. Am I doing something wrong ?

No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
Also managed to get a few shots in Sweden in my favoured "style"...

v2

Hi guys, on X-T20, if I set my camera to S mode, I can't choose the photometry. If it's in manual I can. Am I doing something wrong ?

Sounds to me like you may have face detection turned on. That overrides photometry. Turn it off and the options will return

Had anyone here used the 56 1.2 and the 50 2?

How's the AF on the 56 (it's rumoured to be slow?) and is it sharp wide open?

I currently have the 50 F2 and it's fantastic, but I can't help lusting after a 56 and there's one in the classifieds at the moment.....

The 56mm AF isn't superfast like the newer f2 lenses but I didn't think it was too bad, remember its not much more recent than the original 18/35 lenses which always seem to get stick for their AF performance!

Had anyone here used the 56 1.2 and the 50 2?

How's the AF on the 56 (it's rumoured to be slow?) and is it sharp wide open?

I currently have the 50 F2 and it's fantastic, but I can't help lusting after a 56 and there's one in the classifieds at the moment.....
The 50mm f2 is the only Fuji prime I kept after my lens cull.

Why not nip into a local stockist if you have one near by and try it out for yourself ?
I tried one out at Calumet Birmingham for the first time and fell in love with it.
But back then I was running old firmware so not a fast at that time to focus.
I had one that sadly got lost by the carrier on its way back from Fuji after being repaired by them.
Fuji u.k. as ever gave me a first class service and replaced it with a brand new XF 56mm f1.2 APD as they had no stock of the f1.2 R version.

Last edited:
Back