The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I don't do much editing mate as I'm not too clued up about it. I noticed that straight away and thought about trying to make it black but wasn't sure how to.

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed with some lovely reflections & colours.(y)

George.
Thank you for taking time to look and leave a comment :) it is appreciated

:agree:

Only suggestion for improvement would be to clone out the fragment of stone in the bottom left corner. But I know not everyone does that OCD kind of thing :)

Thanks for pointing it out I have to admit I didn’t spot it myself(y)

That's a cracker Phil. I'm really into reflections at the moment too....

Thank you for taking time to leave a comment it’s very much appreciated (y)

Good spot! I didn't notice on an initial brief glance, was looking more to the mountains, but now that you point it out, cannot be unseen! The teensiest of crops should sort it without losing any quality
Cheers Keith a small crop it will be :) (y)

Cheers Keith a small crop it will be :) (y)

Often happens to me, especially when framing through a VF, I instinctively look more straight ahead - a bit of tunnel vision! :D It can be annoying if the distraction is really obvious and requires a good crop, but in this case yours only needs the bare cut :)

A snap from a dawn trip to Media City in Salford yesterday. I suspect evening is the best time to shoot here but I was time constrained. Weather was poor and I got nothing exciting, this is the best of a mediocre bunch.

1711_Manchester_010 by Ian, on Flickr

Well composed and executed shot GR8 stuff (y)

Just a simple macro/close up Fujigraph taken of some Angels Bonnet Fungi.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 1/180th @ F11, Modified Ring Flash, Handheld.
Angels Bonnet (1)-1371 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Excellent piece of quality work George looks almost 3D (y)

Excellent piece of quality work George looks almost 3D (y)

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated you takin' the time to comment.(y)

George.

I'm quite tempted to make a version of this one with "Greetings from Manorbier" in old-style curly type, just because it's so unpretty :) The 10-24 is quite good at detail, isn't it?

Flotsam by David Hallett, on Flickr

I really like this Dave just so many patterns and detail in it excellent work

Lovely image and great colours I was up there in August such a relaxing place.

All Photos-69 by Andrew Duxbury, on Flickr

Love these low level shots trouble for me is i struggle to get back up from ground level lol.
I tried a couple recently using the tilting screen on my Fooj.
Very nice piece of work (y)

And another super shot with lots of interest and great range of tones GR8 work George (y) :fuji:

Thank you kindly Sir, as always your replies & comments are sure appreciated.(y)

George.

There are rumors a Fuji X-T2s is in the pipeline for early 2018. The main upgrade is to have IBIS according to Fuji Rumors.

Im currently trying to decide which mirrorless to go for. Im torn between the Fuji X-T2, X-T2s if its released and the Sony A7RII or III (if I can justify the price!).

To all fuji owners, does the lack of IBIS hamper handheld shooting, especially in low light. A number of their primes and the 16-55 F2.8 on have lens ois.

Ben
Lack of IBIS in a Fuji body for me, has lead me to having a play with a OMD-EM5MKII at this moment in time.
I have invested a awful lot into my Fuji system especially prime len's but short of carrying a tripod every where i can't get the best out of them.
Im even struggling with OIS lens due to my health.
I would have no hesitation if there IBIS is anywhere near as good as the Olympus IBIS system.
I think it would lead to all my Nikon,Canon and Olympus kit being traded in.

I can't work out why they would put energy into a body based OIS when the one they have now is more than adequate, and all other manufacturers moved away from it...

I thought Pentax Sony & Olympus and even Panasonic were still using IBIS ?
OIS is good so why was it not added to any primes apart from the new 80mm macro ?

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of people in the lovely little Sun Street.

X-T2, 10-24mm Lens, 1/75th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Sun Street-03637 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Great image George so much interest and outstanding P.P. BIG Like(y)

Great image George so much interest and outstanding P.P. BIG Like(y)

Thank you kindly Sir, sure is appreciated you takin' the time to reply & comment.(y)

George.

No Longer Available.

George.

Last edited:
I would have no hesitation if there IBIS is anywhere near as good as the Olympus IBIS system.

How many stops of stabilisation does the Oly IBIS give? I reckon the Fuji OIS offers between 3 and 5 stops, depending on conditions.

Quite pleased with this snap as for some reason it made Flickr Explore.:)

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at London (St James's Park) UK of a guy showing affection for his partner.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/640th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Showing Affection (C)-03173C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Saw this on your Flickr George. Looks to me that he’s begging for forgiveness..

How many stops of stabilisation does the Oly IBIS give? I reckon the Fuji OIS offers between 3 and 5 stops, depending on conditions.

5 stops on their newer models - some older pan/Oly bodies had 2 - 4, like the original Em5 that I have on the way to play with, that has 4 stops, the mkII has 5. Panasonic's new G9 claims 6.5. The beauty is that it gives this benefit any lens mounted even old adapted lenses. Fuji only offers OIS in certain lenses. Not much use to mainly prime users.

With the dual stabilization on Panasonic cameras and lenses, where you can make use of both together, I've seen up to 4 second hand-held exposures, pin sharp! It also makes video look as if a gimbal was used.

Last edited:
Love these low level shots trouble for me is i struggle to get back up from ground level lol.
I tried a couple recently using the tilting screen on my Fooj.
Very nice piece of work (y)
My tripod won't go really really low and I'm fairly able-bodied, but even so, the tilting screen is a godsend compared with my previous camera. I would no longer buy a camera without one, that's for sure.

Back