The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Had a browse through my flickr at some images taken around about 12 months ago and came across this from my first visit to that part of the South Coast.
X-T1 XF18-135mm

Worthing Sunrise by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Last edited:
XT2 10-24 love that combo 8-16 even more i bet

37588924305_8ec4679761_h.jpg

Back to photostream

Adam Wortman

Sorrento

Last edited:
How many stops of stabilisation does the Oly IBIS give? I reckon the Fuji OIS offers between 3 and 5 stops, depending on conditions.
Body only a claimed 5 stops which can be improved even more with the stabilised lens like Olympus 12-100mm I’ve heard claims of 6seconds plus handheld ?

I've heard similar claims but at 1/4s or longer, gross movements creep in to pretty much anyone, so however good any IS is, the shots tend to be blurred. I'm happy to be able to shoot with the 100-400 on a 2x telecon at under 1/100th!

Nice set of shots of the tiger a few posts up but a shame that these mutants are being bred still.

My Oly Em5 is on it's way here today [was meant to be yesterday, it sat in a depot about 2hrs away overnight grrrr] - should be interesting for me to compare directly to my X-T1. Both about the same age. I expect the Fuji to kick it's ass in terms of low light performance but I think the IBIS will balance things out a little. Afaik the Em5 mk1 has 4-stops IBIS, and I feel I have pretty steady hands, so I will put it to the test later. I have an M42 to M43 adapter floating about out there somewhere too. A real good test would be the 200mm F4 lens I often adapt to the Fuji, and it's a bit of a tricky one even with MF assists. Mostly because I use focus assist zoom rather than peaking for MF lenses. The slightest movement makes it seem like an earthquake within the VF

Last edited:
Had a browse through my flickr at some images taken around about 12 months ago and came across this from my first visit to that part of the South Coast.
X-T1 XF18-135mm

Worthing Sunrise by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, nice light & colours, some good foreground interest, and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.

XT2 10-24 love that combo 8-16 even more i bet

Love this. the colours, the solitude, wonderful.

I'm off to Thailand in January and I'm hoping to find a beach or two like this. Love the T2/10-24 combo, almost as good as the 16mm f1.4 (just can't bring myself to move that lens on...).

My Oly Em5 is on it's way here today [was meant to be yesterday, it sat in a depot about 2hrs away overnight grrrr] - should be interesting for me to compare directly to my X-T1. Both about the same age. I expect the Fuji to kick it's ass in terms of low light performance but I think the IBIS will balance things out a little. Afaik the Em5 mk1 has 4-stops IBIS, and I feel I have pretty steady hands, so I will put it to the test later. I have an M42 to M43 adapter floating about out there somewhere too. A real good test would be the 200mm F4 lens I often adapt to the Fuji, and it's a bit of a tricky one even with MF assists. Mostly because I use focus assist zoom rather than peaking for MF lenses. The slightest movement makes it seem like an earthquake within the VF

Look forward to seeing how you get on with the em5 I have just a couple of Oly primes and 2 stabilised Panasonic zooms

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, nice light & colours, some good foreground interest, and for me just about the right amount of movement in the water.(y)

George.
Thank you kindly George appreciate your time in looking and leaving a comment (y)

Hi All
Can anyone recommend a Lee Kit for the 10-24? please- the mrs is asking what i want for xmas! (think im paying though!!)
ive been looking at the kits on WEX, after a polariser to start and just a bit unsure of the kit size?

Last edited:

I picked up a used E-M10 mk 1 a few months back for peanuts. Such a beautiful camera! But controls are just not as good as Fuji's. And the menus...! And it's not made by Fujifilm. Ice become a proper fanboy :( The Oly was sold shortly after.

I've heard similar claims but at 1/4s or longer, gross movements creep in to pretty much anyone, so however good any IS is, the shots tend to be blurred. I'm happy to be able to shoot with the 100-400 on a 2x telecon at under 1/100th!

Nice set of shots of the tiger a few posts up but a shame that these mutants are being bred still.

Thanks Nod. This one was rescued from a circus I think. It was living in a small trailer cage previously :(

I have a feeling that one of the circus families used to breed them - possibly the same family that allegedly released some pumas or cougars on Dartmoor back in the '60s or '70s.

Hi All
Can anyone recommend a Lee Kit for the 10-24? please- the mrs is asking what i want for xmas! (think im paying though!!)
ive been looking at the kits on WEX, after a polariser to start and just a bit unsure of the kit size?

With Lee you have to go for the 100mm kit at the Seven5 will vignette around 13mm on the 10-24.

I picked up a used E-M10 mk 1 a few months back for peanuts. Such a beautiful camera! But controls are just not as good as Fuji's. And the menus...! And it's not made by Fujifilm. Ice become a proper fanboy :( The Oly was sold shortly after.

The Em5 only cost me a direct trade for an Xpro1, I had nothing to lose. I Got a 25mm 1.7 lens for peanuts, as you say, brand new. It arrived today so just playing with it now. I think the X-T1 is the best camera in that range from that era, would be very hard to top. Which is why I still have it ;)

The Em5 only cost me a direct trade for an Xpro1, I had nothing to lose. I Got a 25mm 1.7 lens for peanuts, as you say, brand new. It arrived today so just playing with it now. I think the X-T1 is the best camera in that range from that era, would be very hard to top. Which is why I still have it ;)
I think I'm just horribly set in my ways now to be honest! Those Olys are beautiful!

I think I'm just horribly set in my ways now to be honest! Those Olys are beautiful!

Nothing wrong with that either :) there has to be a reason to switch about, I'm just experimenting, I go through these phases :D The Oly I got is a little beaten up, but it's fine, adds to it's character, really looks like a little film camera. The X-T1 still feels so much nicer and it's no contest when it comes to the evf, the menus are much nicer to navigate too but the Oly menu system is nowhere near as bad as I expected.

Even looks cool.

The pic makes it look much bigger, but it's teensy, even towards the X-T1, especially when that has the grip attached.

As we were talking about IBIS earlier and how effective it is, I have given it quick fire [or slow shutter?] tests and after figuring out how to actually see the IBIS in action for stills [I asked how on the Oly thread :D] I've managed a few 1/3 shots with the 25 [which is very much like a 35mm on Fuji] With the 35 on the Fuji I like to stay at 1/60 or higher mostly so that would be just over 4 stops? I would not say 1/3 is easy, and you wouldn't be using it often. But 1/6 seems the sweet spot, got a series of sharps there easily, even one handed. I did try a few 1" exposures for the craic, and actually did manage a couple of usables. But again, it's not something you'd be confident about. Since the newer M43 bodies are even better, I can see 1"+ being very doable with practice.

If The Fuji bodies had this feature, in particular the XT bodies, they would be very, very close to being my ideal cameras. I really think it is the one thing missing from Fujis, for perfection add good touch screen capabilities, a slightly better default grip and maybe a tilt + articulating LCD - oh, and sort the odd case of the mushies out! :D

Last edited:
Hi All

I have the Lee 100mm set with the wide angle adaptor. Best I can get is about 13mm, it vignettes after that.

Back