The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Fujigraph of part of the Sternwheel on the General Jackson Showboat that operates on the Cumberland River out of Nashville TN (My Hometown :)).
General Jackson was built by Jeffboat in Jeffersonville, Indiana and launched in 1985. Though built to resemble a vintage steam-powered riverboat, it is actually powered by diesel generators which power two 600 horsepower (450 kW) electric motors, which in turn propel a 24-foot-diameter (7.3 m), 36-ton sternwheel. The boat has a capacity of 1,200 passengers and 157 crew members. She is 274 feet (84 m) long (300 feet (91 m) with gangway extended), has a 63-foot-6-inch (19.35 m) beam (width), is 77 feet (23 m) tall with her folding smokestacks fully extended (the folding stacks are necessary because of low bridge clearances), and has a draft of 7 feet (2.1 m).

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/480th @ F7.1, ISO-200, Handheld.
General Jackson Sternwheel (2)-03089 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple Fujigraph of part of the Sternwheel on the General Jackson Showboat that operates on the Cumberland River out of Nashville TN (My Hometown :)).
General Jackson was built by Jeffboat in Jeffersonville, Indiana and launched in 1985. Though built to resemble a vintage steam-powered riverboat, it is actually powered by diesel generators which power two 600 horsepower (450 kW) electric motors, which in turn propel a 24-foot-diameter (7.3 m), 36-ton sternwheel. The boat has a capacity of 1,200 passengers and 157 crew members. She is 274 feet (84 m) long (300 feet (91 m) with gangway extended), has a 63-foot-6-inch (19.35 m) beam (width), is 77 feet (23 m) tall with her folding smokestacks fully extended (the folding stacks are necessary because of low bridge clearances), and has a draft of 7 feet (2.1 m).

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/480th @ F7.1, ISO-200, Handheld.
General Jackson Sternwheel (2)-03089 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Nice one George. Got any showing all the boat ?

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, well composed, great colour and plenty of foreground interest.(y)

George.

Thanks George

Love it Graham, cracking shot and colours.

Thanks Dave

Cracking image only ever visited there the once but I found it almost impossible to get down to the shoreline due to my disability GR8 shot though.

Cheers Phil those boulders are lethal when wet.

Great capture with really nice colours

Thanks you very much.

Nice one George. Got any showing all the boat ?

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

"I have got one or two of the boat moored, but they are not really worth posting"

George.

That works a treat David for a man who struggles in woodland thats a lovely shot.
Thanks Graham! I must admit I'm not quite certain about the composition, which falls into two halves without as much connection between them as I'd like. But the light on the foreground interest was too nice to resist! It's good to hear it works for you, at least.

Thanks Graham! I must admit I'm not quite certain about the composition, which falls into two halves without as much connection between them as I'd like. But the light on the foreground interest was too nice to resist! It's good to hear it works for you, at least.

I know hat you mean but for me my the first thing I look at is the tree on the left before it wanders down the lane. Oh for a bit of mist and a few rays of sunshine.

I know hat you mean but for me my the first thing I look at is the tree on the left before it wanders down the lane. Oh for a bit of mist and a few rays of sunshine.
Very true! Tomorrow there is supposed to be fog first thing, and snow (all good) but no sun all day (doh!). If I were feeling energetic, I would probably head into Oxford before sunrise, and take pictures under the artificial lights. But I'm not :). So I'll probably take the easier option and aim for the end of the day instead. Then again, the forecast may change, I suppose.

Grandson No2's Birthday last week. Not sure about the "up the nose" look but I was trying to capture the older portrait in the shot and trying to bounce the flash in such a way that it wasn't reflected on his glasses or the older portrait.
Unfortunately I failed so ended up combining two shots where the reflections were better controlled.

How quick they grow by barrysprout, on Flickr

Grandson No2's Birthday last week. Not sure about the "up the nose" look but I was trying to capture the older portrait in the shot and trying to bounce the flash in such a way that it wasn't reflected on his glasses or the older portrait.
Unfortunately I failed so ended up combining two shots where the reflections were better controlled.

How quick they grow by barrysprout, on Flickr

You’ve done a good job controlling the light. Like you I’m not so sure of up the nose perspective.

Two very nice Fujigraphs Sir, and work well in mono, liking both of these very much, particularly the expressions on the children's faces in #1. (y)

George.
Thank you George, that’s much appreciated

Back