The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

No need to treat as a once only usage, just dab the pad on the adhesive on the back of a Post-it note and that will remove any crud. Have been using the same one for probably 4 years now and it is as good as new.

Mines been in regular use since 2010 across multiple cameras

Just a simple macro/close up Fujigraph taken of the underneath of an Orb Weaver spider.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens Plus A Full Set Of Ext Tubes, 1/180th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Orb Weaver (1)-03177 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.
Wow stunning capture and detail !

Day off today so did some more exploring in the forest...

v2

https://500px.com/photo/238918927/frosty-morning-by-ash-smith

HI all. My friend who has a Fuji X-T2 kit has asked me to ask you guys what sensor cleaning kit you have used successfully on the X-Trans sensor bodies. He has a small price of crud on his sensor (most probably pollen) that his blower brush just won't shift so he's now looking at a wet clean (which he has done before on his FF Canon DSLR's, but never on the smaller sensor bodies),

Anyone any recommendations that won't break the bank this side of Christmas ?
I used a VSGO set of swabs and a small bottle of Eclipse cleaning fluid (which seemed to be widely recommended). Worked just fine, it seemed to me. Certainly got rid of the dirt and no ill effects to report.

Can I be really awkward and say that I like the colour rendition of the first one and the composition of the second! In the pano the subject is larger in the frame, but the velvia colours create greater separation between the sea and the sky.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't help! :)

Okay, replaced it with a Velvia effort (noticed one of my grads was off too so fixed that). I think you may have been right fwiw.

Cracking set of images.

Can only agree with what beens said already, the first is very special.

Three lovely Fujigraphs Sir, no fav' as I'm liking them all very much.(y)

George.

Thanks, guys. Very much appreciated. I am drawn to this one I must admit!

You may have noted my directions to Ash above re: a slightly different edit to this shot. Well, here 'tis. I think I'm liking the Pano even more than the Instagram friendly square crop.

Pastel Pano
by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Cheers

Ian

Here's a bit of Canary Wharf, from a workshop I did there a couple of weeks ago. The Samyang 12mm did rather well at capturing the detail in this shot, but it wasn't quite wide enough (I had to give the 10-24mm back, alas). So I stitched two shots vertically, which actually worked reasonably well.

City of Cranes
by David Hallett, on Flickr

That's a nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good detail, and acurate colour.(y)

George.

That's a nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed, good detail, and acurate colour.(y)

George.

Cheers George, much appreciated!

I echo this. I certainly never would have spotted a stitch.

Thanks Ian. Lightroom is surprisingly good at stitching these days, although it can have issues with vertoramas, being I think set up with the assumption that panos will be horizontal. I suppose you could rotate the pictures, then stitch, then rotate back (!) but I have AutoPanoPro for difficult cases. Prefer LR because you can get a DNG as the end result, but sometimes have to check the result carefully if it's a hedgerow or something fiddly. But in general, I'm pleasantly surprised by how often two shots handheld will stitch to a square or a 5:4.

Here's a bit of Canary Wharf, from a workshop I did there a couple of weeks ago. The Samyang 12mm did rather well at capturing the detail in this shot, but it wasn't quite wide enough (I had to give the 10-24mm back, alas). So I stitched two shots vertically, which actually worked reasonably well.

City of Cranes
by David Hallett, on Flickr

I love this! Knowing the area well, it really captures the old with the new. Great shot

I love this! Knowing the area well, it really captures the old with the new. Great shot
Cheers Nick! I hadn't really spent much time there before, and I was pleased by how much industrial heritage there was alongside the new buildings. Hope they keep it that way...

Just a candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a very common sight these days of someone totally engrossed in their cell phone texting.

X-T1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/420th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Texting (2)-03057 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Just took the plunge and ordered an X-T2. Arranged to sell all my canon gear to MPB.
Are there any canon to fuji x adapters like the Sony metabones adapter?
Have a canon 50mm 1.8 which isn't worth enough to bother putting up for sale so might keep if possible.

Just took the plunge and ordered an X-T2. Arranged to sell all my canon gear to MPB.
Have a canon 50mm 1.8 which isn't worth enough to bother putting up for sale so might keep if possible.
Only "dumb" adapters, which will leave you unable to adjust the aperture as well as without AF. So you could set it to your favourite aperture using the Canon camera, then dismount it without turning the camera off (so I've heard) and use it at that aperture on the X-T2 forever more. But given the abundance of quality manual fifties at low prices, it hardly seems worthwhile. I wouldn't bother.

That sounds like a positive move Sir, "ENJOY".(y)

George.

Only "dumb" adapters, which will leave you unable to adjust the aperture as well as without AF. So you could set it to your favourite aperture using the Canon camera, then dismount it without turning the camera off (so I've heard) and use it at that aperture on the X-T2 forever more. But given the abundance of quality manual fifties at low prices, it hardly seems worthwhile. I wouldn't bother.

Wow, I definitely wont be bothering with that! I very rarely use a 50mm focal length anyway really unless its a landscape..for which the 18-55 will be fine.

Just received the X-T2 I ordered the other day. During a very quick mess around with it during my half hour work lunch break one thing I noticed is that the articulating screen shuts off when the camera is facing towards your body. I'm guessing this is because it detects a light drop and thinks you're eye is up to the viewfinder. It was doing this a fair distance away.

Can you disable this or reduce the sensitivity?

Just received the X-T2 I ordered the other day. During a very quick mess around with it during my half hour work lunch break one thing I noticed is that the articulating screen shuts off when the camera is facing towards your body. I'm guessing this is because it detects a light drop and thinks you're eye is up to the viewfinder. It was doing this a fair distance away.

You can turn it off, but you can't adjust sensitivity. It will also do it if you get rain drops on the sensor.

You need to change the view mode.

Yesterday was my first proper go using the 35mm f2 and I totally love it, just a couple from then. Tomorrow will be a nice test as mum and I are off to walk some of the South Downs so looking forward to that.

The Cafe by Dave, on Flickr

The Watchers by Dave, on Flickr

On the Dog and Bone by Dave, on Flickr

Enjoy the X-T2 Ben, great camera :)

No idea if anyone on here would be interested but I've put up a trade thread, my X-T20 and X-T1 against a X-T2

Grabbed my strobes for the first time since getting the XT2. Quite pleased with the results. This was one strobe, iso 100, f1.4 1/125 sec. My daughter who has the mother of al colds bravely posed for me as in her words "I want to be a photographer when I get older" Bless!

Catchlights are a bit distracting, but otherwise I'm quite taken with it

DSCF1059-Edit by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

There are both Nikon and Canon smart AF adapters in development (demos on YouTube) but are not ready for production just yet. There's some pointers to the videos on fujirumors.com

There are both Nikon and Canon smart AF adapters in development (demos on YouTube) but are not ready for production just yet. There's some pointers to the videos on fujirumors.com

Looking forward to the Nikon one. Hopefully the smart adaptors will allow 3rd party lenses as well as Nikkors to be used on X bodies.

Back