The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Bit more flooding, this time in a different location, one well known to Graham. I thought this would be a colour shot as there were some nice pink clouds in the sky, reflected in the water, but actually there were too many colours and it came together better in mono. It also confirmed my suspicion from Wales that my right wellie had a leak (since replaced!). :)

Flooded fields at Shipton
by David Hallett, on Flickr

That works very well in mono David, that is well flooded round that way, might to have a wander up that way tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for the thought, George, I appreciate you taking the time to comment. I was going for a square crop, which works better for me kept tight, but your comment made me try a vertical 5:4 to get a bit more air around the trees. Something like this?

Portrait crop
by dave.hallett on Talk Photography

I am liking this very much Dave, goes very well in mono and love the reflections and sky.

That's better in my book Sir, hope you didn't mind me saying.(y)

George.
Not at all, George. Constructive criticism is always welcome. In fact, I'm going to update the Flickr version, as I think the portrait crop works better to emphasise the verticals. Thanks for the input.

Out for a walk today to the Gleniffer Braes and to have a look at the Craigie Linn waterfall.Shot this pic with my XT2 and 10-24 .The area was really iced up and the path like a skating rink.
View attachment 117899
Love this; the branch in the water is an added bonus.

Here's an old photo (taken 27/09/14) from me when I first owned a XF60mm f/2.4R lens, I got so lucky with the flying geese, as I was about to click the shutter I actually heard them fly into the frame when composing.

Geese by APM Photography, on Flickr

XP1 - XF60mm - iso 200 - handheld @ f/9

Whats the best way to post pictures to this forum? I deleted my flikr account ages ago so cant use that (and cant sign up with my current email address as it was associated with my old account)

Whats the best way to post pictures to this forum? I deleted my flikr account ages ago so cant use that (and cant sign up with my current email address as it was associated with my old account)
Create another email address / Flickr account is what I'd do. Surely you can recover your old one though?

It's been a LONG time since I posted any pictures on here. I've been consistently shooting with my XE-2 but felt it was time to upgrade to the XT-20. Only had it a couple of days but i'm seriously impressed. The main difference for me is the auto focus and dynamic range. The auto focus has made a huge improvement to the 35mm 1.4. To me, it's a night and day, and I've even been able to use it for some tracking shots of my son at the beach with decent keeper rates. Could only imagine what its like with the newer lenses and the linear motors...

Love the feel of it but will probably be picking up a grip at some point.

Anyway, a couple of shots...

DSCF0405-2 by simoran2, on Flickr

DSCF0578 by simoran2, on Flickr

DSCF1872 by simoran2, on Flickr

It's been a LONG time since I posted any pictures on here. I've been consistently shooting with my XE-2 but felt it was time to upgrade to the XT-20. Only had it a couple of days but i'm seriously impressed. The main difference for me is the auto focus and dynamic range. The auto focus has made a huge improvement to the 35mm 1.4. To me, it's a night and day, and I've even been able to use it for some tracking shots of my son at the beach with decent keeper rates. Could only imagine what its like with the newer lenses and the linear motors...

Love that third shot. Great, low perspective.

Headed out to the coast for sunrise this morning. Nice morning but not spectacular. Quite nice diffused light for a little while though.

DSCF0954.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

DSCF0956.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

DSCF0979.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

Then got the boy to pose for me this afternoon! Managed a grand total of two shots before his patience ran out!

DSCF1045.jpg by G.A.D, on Flickr

Apart from the XF90 f/2 portrait lens, does anyone know of any other portrait lenses out there to look at around the 90mm/100mm lens length, or slightly longer..??

I already own the XF56 and XF55-200mm, wondering if Leica or Voightlander or any other portrait lens to have a look at for the X system etc..??
Any thoughts/experience/advice appreciated.

Thanks;
Peter
Peter,

I'm not sure if you have the 90 or are looking for alternatives but I'm in Coatbridge if you're around this way you're more than happy to try it out.

Regards

Scott

Peter,

I'm not sure if you have the 90 or are looking for alternatives but I'm in Coatbridge if you're around this way you're more than happy to try it out.

Regards

Scott
Thanks Scott, appreciated, but only today decided to purchase a XF60mm from the Fuji re-furb store.

Busy week ahead with many hospital appointments and then kept in hospital from 19th Jan for 6/7 weeks treatment with a three month recovery period.

Thanks anyway.

Regards;
Peter

Cool shots. The 35mm 1.4 is a cracker

That's possible David it was done on the laptop the desktop is out of action. I did think I had it calibrated but I have to check now what's looking funny?
Mainly it's the yellow-green part of the spectrum. Some of the foreground browns are maybe a bit too red, but chiefly it's that acidic yellow-green shade where the light hits the wall in the centre that I doubt you intended. It was the same last time you did one on the laptop, so it's consistent! Difficult to suggest a remedy, not knowing your intent, but you need to look at it on another screen, I think.

Last edited:
That's possible David it was done on the laptop the desktop is out of action. I did think I had it calibrated but I have to check now what's looking funny?

Looks fine to me. I have actually looked hard to see where Dave means and I can't find anything that looks wrong.

Guys, heading to London tomorrow. Greenwich end. Staying in the YHA just by the Rotherhide tunnel. I have seen the Tower before, but is there anything this end worth going and having a nosey at? I will have a couple of hours at most, from about 15.00 to maybe 17.00, then I have to get ready for an evening meeting before putting my head down ready for an early start at the Bot Show the next day - then home.

It would be good to have somewhere to go and see. I have only seen London twice! Pink Floyd exhibition was the last time, but we only saw underground London, nothig of ground level until we got to the exhibition. The other time was to do the RIB trip from Westminster bridge and I was on the boat all day.

Walking distance of Rothhide plese. I don't mind walking to Tower Bridge from there - and I won't have a tripod with me, because of being on the motorbike and not having anywhere to leave it the following day than strapped across the back outside the Show in the open air parking. So one or two decent places to see would be lovely. Thanks.

I thought it was just me - it looks fine to me too, though I'm just using a phone to view
I don't see it as being particularly offensive, it's perhaps just a tad over saturated for my personal taste.

Back