The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just purchased Fuji XT2 with kit lens. As this is a new system to me and on flicking through the manual. It will take me a while to adjust to the settings etc and how to access . Will be reading through all this thread and looking at the number of pages it will take me a while:eek::eek:.
Whilst I start that I have a couple of questions
1. Which batteries do you use. I will definitely want to purchase a couple of spares.
2. My canon camera has a lovely flip screen that I can close to,protect the screen. What screen protector would you advise and what are the negatives if any of using these.

Many thanks in advance for any replies. Sure I will find the answer somewhere in these pages but with work and life it will take me a while to plough through.:(

If you plan on shooting 4K or using the boost mode on the grip then get the genuine NP-W126S batteries as these have been updated to handle heat better than the non-S or non-genuine batteries. Otherwise use Ex-Pro.

I just buy the CGS or Larmor glass screen protectors from amazon. They’ve always done me well on all my systems.

Last edited:
A bonus shot from a visit to the V&A museum yesterday. I was initially planning to scout out a shot of the hall in the Natural History Museum but the entry queue was half a mile long so I diverted to the V&A for a shot of the entrance hall. That hasn't worked out quite as hoped but having given up on that I noticed a handily-placed cabinet which gave this shot:

VnA by ian marsh, on Flickr

Again, not a novel shot. The cabinet top was pretty dusty but the patch where the camera would rest was much cleaner. I suspect quite a few cameras have been put here recently.

That's a beaut and very well spotted as an opportunity! Love the cool colour tone.

That’s a very nice Fujigraph Sir, lovely pose & expression, and very well lit.(y)

George.
Thank you George for your comment
I haven't done any PP its just a jpg sooc using available light :)

Has anyone used the 16-55mm f2.8 to replace a faster prime?

Looking for a WR walk about lens and considering this instead of say, the 23 or 35 f2.

Thanks

Ian

Has anyone used the 16-55mm f2.8 to replace a faster prime?

Looking for a WR walk about lens and considering this instead of say, the 23 or 35 f2.

Thanks

Ian

My biggest problem for me is camera shake so although i have a vast number of fast primes I find i revert to my zooms with OIS
I use XF 10-24mm or the humble XC16-50mm which punches so high above its cost.
I did try out the XF 18-55 and XF18-135mm OIS I didn't see any advantage to moving to the XF 18-55mm over the XC 16-50mm as the slightly wider angle of view was preferable to me so I went for the XF 18-135mm OIS.
Its a little ironic that the premium XF 16--55mm f2.8 does not have OIS In fact the only zoom without OIS.?
but there are rumours of it being updated in the future ??

Last edited:
My biggest problem for me is camera shake so although i have a vast number of fast primes I find i revert to my zooms with OIS
I use XF 10-24mm or the humble XC16-50mm which punches so high above its cost.
I did try out the XF 18-55 and XF18-135mm OIS I didn't see any advantage to moving to the XF 18-55mm over the XC 16-50mm as the slightly wider angle of view was preferable to me so I went for the XF 18-135mm OIS.
Its a little ironic that the premium XF 16--55mm f2.8 does not have OIS In fact the only zoom without OIS.?
but there are rumours of it being updated in the future ??
I get that. If I want WR however, it leaves me with only the 18-135mm which I'm not overly keen on having the 55-200mm in my bag also.

The lens I'd move on is a 35mm f1.4 which also has no OIS so I'm not losing out there. The only other option is as I say an f2 prime, but I can't help thinking the zoom is more practical. Discreteness is not so much of a consideration for me.

Are you local to Leigh Nick ? I am a few miles away and Leigh/Southend are my regular photo locations..

Hi Gary, no I’m in Brentwood, but a friend of mine who’s a Tog lives there. He invited me down for the morning to take some shots as we’re working there in April on a wedding. I’ve been before and I love it there. You’re lucky to live there!

Hi Gary, no I’m in Brentwood, but a friend of mine who’s a Tog lives there. He invited me down for the morning to take some shots as we’re working there in April on a wedding. I’ve been before and I love it there. You’re lucky to live there!

Yep, quite a lot of potential that way (y)

A bonus shot from a visit to the V&A museum yesterday. I was initially planning to scout out a shot of the hall in the Natural History Museum but the entry queue was half a mile long so I diverted to the V&A for a shot of the entrance hall. That hasn't worked out quite as hoped but having given up on that I noticed a handily-placed cabinet which gave this shot:

Again, not a novel shot. The cabinet top was pretty dusty but the patch where the camera would rest was much cleaner. I suspect quite a few cameras have been put here recently.

Thats a lovely shot Ian.

“Cracking” Fujigraph Sir, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Excellent work that one Ian, looks really effective.

Two randoms from this morning - didn't hit the focus fully on the eye but realised I was in auto mode at the time !

Both transferred to my phone and processed using Snapseed.

Love the image of the boat. Quite minimalist in a way.....

Definitely prefer the colour, Dave. Lovely stuff.

I like it Dave and the highlights don't bother me at all - if anything they add to the image rather than detract from it.

IMO, blown highlights with a correctly exposed main subject are preferable to overprocessed images.

Certainly works for me another super capture !

Thanks all four! And I agree Nod, for street work at least. To the point that although I have a darker exposure that I could use to blend in more highlight detail, I didn't bother as I thought it would just look unnatural.

First photos posted in a long while. I bought myself a Nikon to Fuji adapter so I could use my old lenses with my XT10. Considering this is my first go at "wildlife" (*if you can call the deer in Richmond Park wild!), and probably first time using MF, I thought I did ok to get a few keepers? :confused: Wildlife has never been my bag, but nice to know I can give it a whirl now. Even if it's only with my cheapo Sigma 70-300mm.

The stag would not stand still (chasing the women I think) and there were people behind who kept getting in shot. Didn't quite get a good pose but hey.

DSCF2438 by Scam, on Flickr

DSCF2435 by Scaml, on Flickr

DSCF2401 by Scam, on Flickr

And this little guy had just fought off a rival..
DSCF2391 by Scam, on Flickr

By the way, does anyone use any old manual lenses? There's some bargains to be had out on the 'bay, especially alot of M42 mounts.

First photos posted in a long while. I bought myself a Nikon to Fuji adapter so I could use my old lenses with my XT10. Considering this is my first go at "wildlife" (*if you can call the deer in Richmond Park wild!), and probably first time using MF, I thought I did ok to get a few keepers? :confused: Wildlife has never been my bag, but nice to know I can give it a whirl now. Even if it's only with my cheapo Sigma 70-300mm.

The stag would not stand still (chasing the women I think) and there were people behind who kept getting in shot. Didn't quite get a good pose but hey.

By the way, does anyone use any old manual lenses? There's some bargains to be had out on the 'bay, especially alot of M42 mounts.
Love the Robin shot :)

A rather serious looking (And freezing) me, Saturday Leigh on sea. I swear I couldn't smile properly as I was so cold! :(

XT2 23mm f1.4 ISO 200
DSCF2887-Edit by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

That’s a nice Fujigraph Sir, well composed, with a good mono cenversion.(y)

“Shame about the model”:whistle::D:D

George.

Last edited:

Quite a filmic look you have there, nice results. I do use old manuals, but not so much at the wide end any more. I would like to find a good working copy of a Nikon Series E 75-150, but the one I have isn't quite sharp enough for me. I think there may be a little haze in the rear element from evaporation of lube over the years, but I can't get the rear screws undone to take a closer look...

A few posts back ( this thread moves fast !) I posted a shot of our new cat - decided to try a B&W conversion using Snapseed on my phone and quite pleased with the result :

Untitled by Gary Smith, on Flickr

Very nice Fujigraph Sir, I liked the colour version very much but this mono version has far more appeal for me.(y)

George.

Back