The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Lovely light in both IMO. Looks almost too warm but it's exactly how the trees looked when the sun came out this morning on the course.

Nice project David, Ive been meaning to ask do you go to the Oxford Flickr Thursday meetings?
Thanks! Yes, I try to. Probably make about 50%. And today I'm in Nottingham and not likely to be back in time. But they're a friendly bunch. We usually get half a dozen or so.

I visited the new King's College Business School today in Bush House on the Strand. Lovely views from their cafe terrace but I didn't time the visit well so the light wasn't as good as it could be at sunset:

Rooftops by Ian, on Flickr

(excuse the purple fringing - I only noticed it once posted on Flickr)

And while I was nearby I popped into the LSE library for a classic view:

Helix by Ian, on Flickr

Last edited:
I visited the new King's College Business School today in Bush House on the Strand. Lovely views from their cafe terrace but I didn't time the visit well so the light wasn't as good as it could be at sunset:

Helix by Ian, on Flickr
As always Ian cracking couple of images always look forward to seeing your work here.(y)

Helix by Ian, on Flickr

“Cracking” couple of Fujigraphs Sir, not much more I can say.(y)

George.

DSCF0053.bw.web.jpg

I saw it as I walked the Thames Path the other day, from just up from Tower Bridge to The CuttySark pub in Greenwich. If I had known how far it was in reality, I would have taken transport. It was only about 1.5 inches on the map!

Does the graphite version of the X-T2 come in a kit?
The body alone seems to be £200 more than the black one (fine - so be it), but to have to spend £700 on the kit lens too if you want the 18-55 and graphite...)

Does the graphite version of the X-T2 come in a kit?
The body alone seems to be £200 more than the black one (fine - so be it), but to have to spend £700 on the kit lens too if you want the 18-55 and graphite...)
Bizarrely, it doesn't appear to be. Could always ask a retailer if they'd bundle them for you? Personally, I'd pick up a second hand 18-55mm as there's plenty around for reasonable money.

View attachment 118576

I saw it as I walked the Thames Path the other day, from just up from Tower Bridge to The CuttySark pub in Greenwich. If I had known how far it was in reality, I would have taken transport. It was only about 1.5 inches on the map!

Mrs Nod and a friend walked the shoreline of Wimbleball Reservoir based on how big it looked on the map. It's something like 13 miles but only a couple of inches on the map they had - a road atlas...

On of the Shard from last night. Lovely sunset (plus the slight colour cast from my cheapo ten-stopper) gave some nice colours. I plan to blend a bunch of bracketed shots but just a fiddle about with one of them gave this:
Shard by Ian, on Flickr

Superb Ian

On of the Shard from last night. Lovely sunset (plus the slight colour cast from my cheapo ten-stopper) gave some nice colours. I plan to blend a bunch of bracketed shots but just a fiddle about with one of them gave this:
Shard by Ian, on Flickr
Stunning once again, Ian. You're nailing this type of shot regularly now, fair to say you're comfortable with the camera and subjects now [emoji108]

Shard by Ian, on Flickr
Love it :)

Ooh i do like this and think it would make a good black n white it has a eery feel about it. (y)

Cheers Phil hadn't thought about B&W I give it a go.

I like this. Interesting how it changes the look of the building. Normally it looks kind of medieval, but here it's almost Stalinist or something :). Much more modern looking than it really is, anyway...

Cheers David love a bit of mist to change the look of a picture

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at Brighton Sussex UK of the Brighton Zip tourist attraction.
(I did a high contrast mono presentation of this snap a little while back and decided I quite like the colour version).

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 1/2400th @ F5.6, ISO-320, Handheld.
Brighton Zip (C)-03164C by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Simple and effective George lovely shooting.

Susie earlier today, X-T2 + XF 35mm f2

Susie by Dave, on Flickr

Top notch Dave

View attachment 118576

Like this Simon, Im always saying that to the wife its only an inch on the map :)

Shard by Ian, on Flickr

Superb shot Ian

another from my X-T1 and XF 18-135mm ois hand held.
1/5sec f10 iso 200
Swallow Falls 2 by Philip Higgins, on Flickr

Very nice Phil the ois works well, along with your shooting that is.

Mmmm, I only post the ones I like though. There are plenty of deleted ones!

Dont we all Ian, hate to think what my posting to shot taken ratio is.

When out shooting on the Ridgeway yesterday morning I and my first lock up with my X-T2, it was case of the rear screen going purple and the shooting sounding like it was on ch. Only way t stop was to pull the battery out,
which was tight to get out. When I had it out noticed it had a slight bulge in the middle, it was a black ex-pro.
Funny enough even though it sounded like the shutter was firing way it didn't seem to shoot any images, well at least they wasn't any on the card.
Sods law it happened when the best of the light was about. Replaced the battery with another and din't have any problems after that.

Shard by Ian, on Flickr

“Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Back