The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Encircling trees by Mezzapod, on Flickr Not been on here for a while but enjoying the photos

Very nice Fujigraph Ma'am, nicely composed with good colour, and just about held some detail in the snow and kept it white which is not always easy.(y)

George.

We only have rain today so a quick shot of a Tutankhamun bust my family bought me from an auction years ago after I fell in love with Egypt when we had some holidays there when I was younger.
X-T20 + XF 18-55mm.

Tutankhamun Bust by Dave, on Flickr

And we've had nothing but rain, rain and yet more rain here on the South Coast - nice photo BTW
Thanks Andrew. Though there’s been plenty snow up the dales, this is the first real flurry we’ve had this season down at this level. It didn’t last long. It’s raining now and the white stuff is long gone... sometimes I think Settle is twinned with Raincloud!

I visited the new King's College Business School today in Bush House on the Strand. Lovely views from their cafe terrace but I didn't time the visit well so the light wasn't as good as it could be at sunset:

Rooftops by Ian, on Flickr

(excuse the purple fringing - I only noticed it once posted on Flickr)

And while I was nearby I popped into the LSE library for a classic view:

Helix by Ian, on Flickr
Holy Moly this is amazing....!!!! Great depth with this capture, superb photpgraphy.

Regards;
Peter

Any of you guys use the L setting iso on the XT2 or is it better to leave it on iso 200?
I believe that the dr is slighty worse on L than iso 200 because the base is 200 so for normal use you are better off leaving it on 200.
But i do use the L setting if i need a particular shutter speed/aperture. For me the most common usage if i want a slighty longer shutter speed for moving water etc.

Any of you guys use the L setting iso on the XT2 or is it better to leave it on iso 200?
I believe that the dr is slighty worse on L than iso 200 because the base is 200 so for normal use you are better off leaving it on 200.
But i do use the L setting if i need a particular shutter speed/aperture. For me the most common usage if i want a slighty longer shutter speed for moving water etc.

The other time to consider it would be if you wanted the mechanical shutter when shooting wide open in very very bright sunlight and you'd forgotten to pack your ND3 filter!

The base ISO of the Fuji's is ISO200

Using the XT2 in anger, as in for a paid job. The French boat builder ferried me out to the Isle d'Oloron and wined and dinned me for 4 days while I shot the factory processes, interiors and action shots on a couple of boats for them. These were taken from a small boat that had waves coming over the side, soaking me. Trying to stand and shoot while running with the target boat in those waters was untenable and I nearly went overboard, so we fell back on the method of just keeping our boat head to sea, in the breaking overfalls where the tide builds over the bar and getting the target boat to run up for the shot. I still had to stand, but it is easier when the boat is only riding the waves rather than jumping off them!! It gave me a chance to play with the 50-140.
DSCF0225.bw.web.jpg

DSCF0208.c.bw.web.jpg

DSCF0212.c.bw.web.jpg

DSCF0168.bw.web.jpg

Using the XT2 in anger, as in for a paid job. The French boat builder ferried me out to the Isle d'Oloron and wined and dinned me for 4 days while I shot the factory processes, interiors and action shots on a couple of boats for them. These were taken from a small boat that had waves coming over the side, soaking me. Trying to stand and shoot while running with the target boat in those waters was untenable and I nearly went overboard, so we fell back on the method of just keeping our boat head to sea, in the breaking overfalls where the tide builds over the bar and getting the target boat to run up for the shot. I still had to stand, but it is easier when the boat is only riding the waves rather than jumping off them!! It gave me a chance to play with the 50-140.
View attachment 118834

View attachment 118835

View attachment 118836

View attachment 118837

Nice work - if you can get it!!!

How has the X-T2 fared with a salt water shower?

Shrugged it off fine. I carry a bottle of fresh water with me. If my gear gets doused, I just pour the fresh over to sluice it off. It has worked for my FA onwards, FE2, F4s, F5......

I'm doing a second pass through my Eigg images now that some time has passed, to look for shots that I missed the first time around, or where the processing could be better with hindsight.

This is one of the latter. I processed it as colour the first time but there wasn't a great deal of it. In mono it took some careful attention to get the right compromise between atmosphere and detail, but I'm fairly happy with this version.

Strewn (revised)
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm doing a second pass through my Eigg images now that some time has passed, to look for shots that I missed the first time around, or where the processing could be better with hindsight.

This is one of the latter. I processed it as colour the first time but there wasn't a great deal of it. In mono it took some careful attention to get the right compromise between atmosphere and detail, but I'm fairly happy with this version.

Strewn (revised)
by David Hallett, on Flickr
A nice balance between light and dark.

Technically it's possible to get an adaptor that will change the aperture for G lenses. The catch is that it doesn't do it in single f stops, and you have to work out what aperture you have set by the change in shutter speed. I've done it successfully but I can't really recommend it.

Yes I have bot adapters one the works with older lens MF/A with aperture ring and the adapeter for use with Gelded G lens both with fine the later will work with both types of lens:)(y)

Back