The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Think I'll pass on this one, and go for the X-T3 later in the year.

I had been under the impression that the H1 was the X-T3, but it seems not. Looks like the H1 will be geared more towards video users and the T3 for still images. It also seems the T3 will have a sensor size between the current 24mp and 30mp (so maybe not the size jump many were hoping for/expecting).

Reactions: LC2
From the information I was given, its effectively a X-T2 but with added IBIS, bigger body and top screem. No EV dial on top anymore.
The AF system is improved also but not to Sony A9 levels.

I love the sound of it, a Fuji with decent IBIS is just yummmmm .... too bad it'll be about £2500 though

I gave up my 7D2 due to the weight when shooting wildlife. I would honestly say that the images I have shot on my T2 since have more colour and I can pull more out of the shadows without creating too much noise. Something I struggled to do with the 7D2. The T2 is as good at shooting moving targets as the Canon, but you do have to learn how to drive the focus system (I had the same issue with the 7D & 7D2 until I got used to them).

The T2 is a different focussing system altogether, so you will have to go through a learning curve, but it can be rewarding. I wouldn't go back now, and the T2 lends itself to shooting landscape & people in a way that the 7D2 didn't. I also had a 6D which has gone as well, and I now have a pair of T2 bodies.

Shot last summer on a trip to the Trennish Isles....

Untitled by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Thanks for the thoughts Steve, appreciated.

I gave up my 7D2 due to the weight when shooting wildlife. I would honestly say that the images I have shot on my T2 since have more colour and I can pull more out of the shadows without creating too much noise. Something I struggled to do with the 7D2. The T2 is as good at shooting moving targets as the Canon, but you do have to learn how to drive the focus system (I had the same issue with the 7D & 7D2 until I got used to them).

The T2 is a different focussing system altogether, so you will have to go through a learning curve, but it can be rewarding. I wouldn't go back now, and the T2 lends itself to shooting landscape & people in a way that the 7D2 didn't. I also had a 6D which has gone as well, and I now have a pair of T2 bodies.

Shot last summer on a trip to the Trennish Isles....

Untitled by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
I love this shot Jelster. I'm struggling with the focusing system on my XT2 at the moment. Trying to capture dogs is producing more losers than keepers! Seeing these shots gives me faith.

I love this shot Jelster. I'm struggling with the focusing system on my XT2 at the moment. Trying to capture dogs is producing more losers than keepers! Seeing these shots gives me faith.
Having the same issue here although need to buy I longer lens. Previously had a 70d which is currently on eBay :(

Saw this earlier. A more rigid and harder wearing body, touch screen and 120fps video capability on top of the IBIS is pretty excellent and may even be worth the extra outlay tbh (to some).

With the battery it’s going to be about £2k
I won’t pre- order but will keep a close eye on real world reviews.

With the battery it’s going to be about £2k
I won’t pre- order but will keep a close eye on real world reviews.
Yeah I noticed the rrp including the grip pushes it up to €2199. I've barely shot with my X-T2 so far so certainly won't be upgrading just yet [emoji16]

Just about to post that myself - about time, but better late than never.

Still for the lazy :)

Fujifilm X-T20 Firmware Update (ver. 2.00) – available beginning of April

1. Improved AF tracking
    With the newly developed scene recognition algorithm, the camera can track even smaller moving objects twice as fast as with the previous firmware version.
  2. Improved touchscreen operation
    With the update, the X-T20 receives many of the touchscreen features already familiar from the FUJIFILM X-E3:
    1. Enlarge display: When you double-tap, the picture is magnified and centered on the focus point.
    2. Focus range selection: The user can move the focus point even when magnified.
    3. Zoom in / out: If you split or contract two fingers on the display, you can now also change the thumbnail (9 pictures / 100 pictures).
    4. Select an image from the thumbnail view by tapping or dragging the image, or double-tap to full view.
    5. Function Selection via Quick Menu (Q)
    6. On-screen keyboard *
    * Except for some functions.
  3. Compatible with “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO”
    With the FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO software, RAW data can be converted using the on-board X-Processor Pro when the camera is connected to the computer via a USB cable. Fast batch processing of several recordings in quick succession is also possible. “FUJIFILM X RAW STUDIO” is available as a free download on the FUJIFILM website.
  4. User-defined operation of the FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ
    After updating the firmware, the operation of the new zoom lens FUJINON XC15-45mmF3.5-5.6 OIS PZ can be configured as follows:
    1. Occupy focus ring with zoom function
    2. Maintaining the zoom position during time-lapse recording
    3. Maintaining the zoom position in playback mode (faster
    Readiness to reactivate the recording mode)
  5. More flash functions for radio remote control of studio flash units
    With the update, the high-speed flash synchronization and the TTL flash exposure mode can now also be used with radio remote control of compatible studio flash units from other manufacturers.
  6. Display RGB histogram and overexposure warning
    A function key can be used to fade in the RGB histogram as well as to activate the overexposure warning (blinking of overexposed areas).
  7. Enlarged and custom viewfinder display
    With the firmware update, the information displayed in the viewfinder and on the display can be enlarged. The position of the display can now also be selected by the user.

Another Eigg photo that didn't get processed last time around. This one would probably make a decent mono, but I decided to keep the colour in the end.

Nostalgia
by David Hallett, on Flickr

"Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, good foreground detail, well exposed, with a beautiful sky & colour.(y)

George.

Seeing all these excellent images is making me want to upgrade my xt10 to an an xt2 :)

Nothing wrong with an X-T10 Sir,(y)

"Sure the X-T2 will give you finer detail and a few other operating things mainly based around speed etc, but not necessarily better images"(y)

George.

Nothing wrong with an X-T10 Sir,(y)

"Sure the X-T2 will give you finer detail and a few other operating things mainly based around speed etc, but not necessarily better images"(y)

George.
Indeed, I still do ok with my x-t10. The only thing I envy t2 owners for is ACROS, but not enough for me to shell out £1k plus... I dont need speed for my stuff. :)

Indeed, I still do ok with my x-t10. The only thing I envy t2 owners for is ACROS, but not enough for me to shell out £1k plus... I dont need speed for my stuff. :)

I still use my X-T1 units quite a bit for personal stuff Sir, same sensor & lenses as the X-T10 so the finished quality etc should be just the same.(y)

George.

Nope. Too poor for all that, I tend to sit 2-3 generations behind cutting edge.
I could have sworn you did, may be I'm thinking off someone else. I've only just upgraded to the X-T2 myself from an X-T10 and whilst I love it, it isn't light years ahead for anything other than speed, tracking etc. I'm still glad I went for it though and this will do me for years no doubt.

Seeing all these excellent images is making me want to upgrade my xt10 to an an xt2 :)

Don't rush. When the x-t3 comes out all of a sudden the x-t2 price will take a big nose dive well into the sub £500 category for minters.

Back