The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Kent UK of a guy with his Violin doing a bit of street playing. This is a shot I have re-visited with improved PP.

X-T1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (26)-03187 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Folkestone Kent UK of a guy with his Violin doing a bit of street playing. This is a shot I have re-visited with improved PP.

X-T1, 23mm F1.4 Lens, 1/1000th @ F5.6, ISO-200, Handheld.
Muso (26)-03187 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.
Love his facial expression. You’ve captured it well.

Love his facial expression. You’ve captured it well.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

"Bit lucky there with the facial expression as the guy is actually blind, which I didn't know until after I'd taken the snap and put some money in his pot"

George.

That is a lovely photo George, knowing the story behind it makes it even better, he looks very sincere somehow.

A quick question for you Fuji guys. I’ve just received my x-t2 and am wondering which battery’s and cards you would recommend? I know cheap isn’t the way to go but what’s the best deals? I’m only an enthusiast . I’ll have one card for Raw the other JPEG. I was looking at a 64 for Raw and a 32 for JPEG. Any suggestion?

Glad you asked about this, as I have just ordered a Ex-Pro white from amazon. I have had the Power booster for the X-T2 since last year and have not taken out out of the box, so once the battery arrives I can start to use the grip. In both my X cameras I have and use the Sandisk Pro 95 and find it`s great.

That is a lovely photo George, knowing the story behind it makes it even better, he looks very sincere somehow.

George.

Thanks Steve. I love Cornwall and love the colours here. More please..

Sorry trev, it was only a fleeting visit for my Brothers 70th Birthday... Sunday morning is all I got, and what you can't see in these images is the howling wind and the sub-zero wind chill....

Plus I got caught out with one shot when a large wave broke and came up the beach 20ft further than anything else. It swamped past my lightweight tripod holding the T2 & 10-24, and I had to go in shin deep before the tripod toppled over into the water :police::eek:

But I wasn't going to risk damaging my camera! :fuji:

Just playing about tonight with some reflections on black gloss acrylic ... Fuji X-T1 with 18-55 lens...

On reflection by CFC Photo, on Flickr

Cheers. It was my first time trying something like this after getting the A3 sized acrylic on Friday. Just lit with a torch. Something else to do during those long winter evenings... :confused:

It was seeing this fantastic shot and how you did it made me get some of the A3 acrylic even ordered one more today.

It was seeing this fantastic shot and how you did it made me get some of the A3 acrylic even ordered one more today.

(y)

Excellent, look forward to seeing your results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty impressive captureenses with only one lens in your camera bag Sir, I'm impressed, neat.

Pete

Cheers mate, I keep thinking of adding other lenses, but then I look through my LR catalogue and see that I shoot a lot at 18mm 23mm and 35mm and start to wonder if I really need anything wider or longer when the 18-55 has those covered really well and is pretty damn sharp still!

Sorry trev, it was only a fleeting visit for my Brothers 70th Birthday... Sunday morning is all I got, and what you can't see in these images is the howling wind and the sub-zero wind chill....

Plus I got caught out with one shot when a large wave broke and came up the beach 20ft further than anything else. It swamped past my lightweight tripod holding the T2 & 10-24, and I had to go in shin deep before the tripod toppled over into the water :police::eek:

But I wasn't going to risk damaging my camera! :fuji:

Glad you saved it mate.

I have just ordered a Ex-Pro white from amazon. I have had the Power booster for the X-T2 since last year and have not taken out out of the box, so once the battery arrives I can start to use the grip. In both my X cameras I have and use the Sandisk Pro 95 and find it`s great.
That’s Ive just ordered 2 x 32 Sandisk Pros, figured If I need more space I’ll just get a few more. I thought about the grip, but one of the main reasons of getting the x-t2 was its size and weight. But boy it’s in a whole new league...bye bye Canon! Helloooooo Fuji

That’s Ive just ordered 2 x 32 Sandisk Pros, figured If I need more space I’ll just get a few more. I thought about the grip, but one of the main reasons of getting the x-t2 was its size and weight. But boy it’s in a whole new league...bye bye Canon! Helloooooo Fuji

Last year I had only the X-T20 and one of those cards, think I took just over 1,400 but I do take a lot at our airshows. Hope you enjoy using the new camera too.

Phew what a evening I decided to check my Fuji X gear for any firmware updates :eek: 10 bodies and 16 lenses all required firmware updates I just finished time for a :beer: I think but pleased to get them up to date :):fuji:

Phew what a evening I decided to check my Fuji X gear for any firmware updates :eek: 10 bodies and 16 lenses all required firmware updates I just finished time for a [emoji481] I think but pleased to get them up to date :):fuji:
How many?! You need help mate [emoji16]

How many?! You need help mate [emoji16]
I know urgently !
can you help ?
As the new X-H1 has really caught my interest from what bit I've read so far if IBIS is as good as Olympus OMD i have been using.
Then I can see all of it going along with my Canon and Nikon arsenal of gear.:(

I know urgently !
can you help ?
As the new X-H1 has really caught my interest from what bit I've read so far if IBIS is as good as Olympus OMD i have been using.
Then I can see all of it going along with my Canon and Nikon arsenal of gear.:(
I can help, sure. Just hand them all over to me [emoji849][emoji2]

Seeing Jonathon's shot above prompted me to post this one of my twin boys. I received a new (to me) background from Lez325 and I propped in front of the fireplace and asked the boys to pose for me (like herding tadpoles) and this was the result. SOOC with only natural light to camera right

DSCF4036 by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

I'm the same regarding the grip. Before I bought my X-T2, I'd read a lot about the boost mode offered by the grip, transforming the speed of the camera so I was concerned that not having the grip would mean I'm not fully utilising the camera's potential. When it came to it, Fuji had a free grip offer on anyway when I bought mine but it was one that you had to claim 30 days later so I had the camera for over a month without grip. So worth noting that the camera can do boost mode all by itself. You get the higher EVF refresh rate and improved AF speed anyway. I understand the grip improves AF speed slightly more and improves black out rate but I honestly couldn't tell the difference. The grip does give you better charging options and video inputs/outputs and 11 fps but none of that interested me that much. I just didn't like the bulk. Have always felt this way about grips though I do admit they have their place. So I tried my grip for a whole weekend before it went on ebay!

I am just hoping I like and use the grip, but a part of me thinks it won`t be on the X-T2 all the time.

Seeing Jonathon's shot above prompted me to post this one of my twin boys. I received a new (to me) background from Lez325 and I propped in front of the fireplace and asked the boys to pose for me (like herding tadpoles) and this was the result. SOOC with only natural light to camera right

result!

Phew what a evening I decided to check my Fuji X gear for any firmware updates :eek: 10 bodies and 16 lenses all required firmware updates I just finished time for a :beer: I think but pleased to get them up to date :):fuji:
Oh gawd, my life just flashed before my eyes just then. Fortunately I'm reasonably on top of firmware upgrades and I only have 13 to do. Until I check the other manufacturers, that is....

(I'm guessing you had a load of the October 2016 updates still to apply? That was a big one.)

That’s a positive result in my book Sir, “ENJOY”.(y)

George.

That's an "Excellent" Fujigraph Sir, pushes all the right buttons for me.(y)

George.

Just a simple close up Fujigraph taken outside Horse Guards in Whitehall London UK of part a Lifeguard on duty showing just part of his boot & stirrup.
I posted a copy of this snap in colour many moons ago and it was suggested that it would work in mono, so I've finally gotten round to it.:)

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/250th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
On Parade (2)-8003 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple close up snap taken outside Horse Guards in Whitehall London UK of part a Lifeguard on duty showing just part of his boot & stirrup.
I posted a copy of this snap in colour many moons ago and it was suggested that it would work in mono, so I've finally gotten round to it.:)

George.
Like the way the horse’s chest and leg form two sides of a frame.

Just a simple close up Fujigraph taken outside Horse Guards in Whitehall London UK of part a Lifeguard on duty showing just part of his boot & stirrup.

George.[/QUOTE

I Love the fact that you know exactly what this is image is, without seeing the whole picture. Lovely work George

Like the way the horse’s chest and leg form two sides of a frame.

George.

Still haven't really had a chance to get out with the new (to me) camera as I'm still recovering from a hospital stay. This is just a quick snap of the Mrs the other day as I was messing around with it, a small channel of light came through the door so I had her sit there to get a shot. Should have moved the spotty scarf!

Shot with the 35mm f/2, a superb lens.

XT1-1521 by Craigus89, on Flickr

Back