The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Haven't posted here in a while, mainly because I haven't managed to get out much with the X-T2. Just back from a few days in beautiful Budapest thought and struck this classic shot off my list.

Parliament buildings, Budapest by Brian M, on Flickr

Lovely shot Brian I for one always like seeing the classic viewpoints

Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken of a guy with his guitar doing a bit of street playing. The guitar the guy is playing is a Gibson ES-347.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/100th @ F4, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (2)-03814 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Nice George look forward to seeing the results of the project

Had a good few days with X-T2. First couple are from the weekend, local fair and the boy posing.

Valentine Fair - Ferris wheel by G.A.D, on Flickr

Then had a trip to the lakes and despite good location advice from @mickledore and others, weather dictated a change of plan. Quite enjoyed shooting in the mist near Elterwater. Forced me to get a bit more creative. Last couple are Cathedral cavern. That Robin followed me everywhere including inside the cave.

Elterwater Jetty by G.A.D, on Flickr

Misty Morning by G.A.D, on Flickr

Great Langdale by G.A.D, on Flickr

Cheeky Robin by G.A.D, on Flickr

Cathedral Cave by G.A.D, on Flickr

A good weekend Graham particularly like the Elterwater shots love a bit of mist.

Another one from Monday (this one taken before I fell on my backside!)...

v2

Thats lovely Ash as wells the shot that caused the incident.

o_O I've had the T2/100-400 set up for over 18 months and never had this problem. I too use a Rapid Strap onto the tripod foot, but I'm trying to think how on earth you are doing this; unless the mechanism on the lens is faulty (if it were the camera, it would happen with other lenses).
Hi Steve - when I'm out and about with it, sometimes I tend to hold the unit at the base of the lens (without realising I'm doing it) slightly touching the release button which doesn't need much pressure to activate it. This happens both with the 100-400 and with the 1.4 converter attached.
I've come to the conclusion(with help from here) a strap on the lens is probably the way forward....thanks.

Thought I would download a shot taken with my X-T2 + 1.4. As well as my problem with the 'quick release' of the lens, I'm still struggling to get sharp images......not practising enough could be the problem!
Taken into a very low sun, so not the ideal lighting, I just like the X-Ray effect and would have liked a bit more space above the head.

DSCF7314 by brickdav, on Flickr

Hi Steve - when I'm out and about with it, sometimes I tend to hold the unit at the base of the lens (without realising I'm doing it) slightly touching the release button which doesn't need much pressure to activate it. This happens both with the 100-400 and with the 1.4 converter attached.
I've come to the conclusion(with help from here) a strap on the lens is probably the way forward....thanks.

In which case it must be the way you carry the camera. If I don't have my slider strap on, I tend to hold the combo via either the tripod foot, or the actual camera grip. On occasion I have carried by holding the lens just behind the foot, any further towards the body and I could see the possibility of rubbing against the release button. I do only have small hands for a guy through!!

Thought I would download a shot taken with my X-T2 + 1.4. As well as my problem with the 'quick release' of the lens, I'm still struggling to get sharp images......not practising enough could be the problem!
Taken into a very low sun, so not the ideal lighting, I just like the X-Ray effect and would have liked a bit more space above the head.

That's a great shot... The light through the wings is fantastic.

So, a couple of tips I have found. Using AF-C helps, as if you tend to move, the lens stays in focus. Also, I'm not sure how much of a crop this may be (I'm guessing not much as the focal length is 365mm) but using a larger focus point and getting more of the subject in the square makes a big difference. You were at f13, so your DOF should have been fine.

It may not be 100% sharp, but I'm still very jealous..... (y)

Edit: Where was the focus point? Looking at it again on Flickr, the most in focus point looks like the tail....

Last edited:

That's a lovely Fujigraph Sir, with some really nice light & colours.(y)

George.

Nothing special, but the wife's Mini was looking a bit grubby, so as mine was in for a service I took the time to give it a good clean. (And then it started to rain!!)

DSCF0377 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
It was such a nice day, I gave mine a wash and wax yesterday. Then coming home from shopping had to do a diversion down the farm lanes because the main road was blocked by an accident. Not so clean now...

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at London UK (at night) of one of the ornate benches along the Embankment.
As you can see this snap has a bit of noise etc which doesn't bother me in any way, but as there was a little bit in the original file I decided to emphasize it a bit to give a filmy type grainy effect.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 2sec @ F5.6, ISO-6400, Tripod.
Ornate Bench (London Embankment)-03194 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
Love the textures on this George. Can almost reach out and touch it. Lovely

Love the textures on this George. Can almost reach out and touch it. Lovely

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate your reply.(y)

George.

Just a simple Fujigraph taken at London UK (at night) of one of the ornate benches along the Embankment.
As you can see this snap has a bit of noise etc which doesn't bother me in any way, but as there was a little bit in the original file I decided to emphasize it a bit to give a filmy type grainy effect.

X-T2, 18-55mm Lens, 2sec @ F5.6, ISO-6400, Tripod.
Ornate Bench (London Embankment)-03198 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Like the others have said, George. It works well

“Excellent” Fujigraph Sir, well composed with lovely solitude and beautiful soft light.(y)

George.

Love this shot...

Thats lovely Ash as wells the shot that caused the incident.

Thank you chaps, much appreciated.

Have got around to processing a few more - for a late decision on location and with doubts about the weather it turned out to be a very good day for keepers!

v2

https://500px.com/photo/246935391/into-the-mist-by-ash-smith

Got the X-T10 back today, seems in full working order. Thanks to @jimmyjamjojo and Fuji's excellent customer service.

My only miniscule complaint would be that it appears I'm going to have to put the settings back the way I like them. But that's a very small price to pay, and they did upgrade the firmware, which was not even requested...

Edit, no my mistake. Just one thing changed and no doubt for a good reason...

Last edited:
Very nice Fujigraph Sir, beautiful colours with still some light in the sky, nicely exposed and some good reflections.(y)

George.

Nice framing and exposure.

Very nice indeed. I just received an invitation to a wedding in Budapest and this shot is adding to the temptation to go

Lovely shot Brian I for one always like seeing the classic viewpoints

Many thanks for the kind comments.

Back