The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

I really like this, but weirdly it feels crooked to me even though all the uprights seem to be upright. Very odd...
I think I am pretty close to vertical but that one sloping wall to the back of the shot is so prominent as it is right in the centre that it gives the impression of being crooked. Plus the curve of the staircase probably doesn't help. I suppose it adds mystery to an otherwise minimalist shot!

A couple from a very busy Devil's Pulpit yesterday. Had to wait for a few ignorant tourists to move in and out of shot which I've never had to do here before. Wish they'd also refrain from littering too [emoji35]

The Eye of the Pulpit by Ian Williams, on Flickr
Devil's Pulpit Downstream by Ian Williams, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Ian

Absolutely superb photos - it always amazes me that people go to these places because they are beauty spots and then spoil it by dropping litter.

Nicely controlled light here, so easy to blow out the windows in these types of images, and I like the long exposure ghosting!
It was a dull day so the windows were recoverable, thankfully. I think it was a four minute exposure yet still the people didn't fully disappear. I could have gone to 8mins but my camera was precariously balanced and having already nearly lost a lens hood I was petrified it would fall. Sometimes I like the ghosting, sometimes not and this time it is just about acceptable.

I tried a different angle but as it was such a popular shot I didn't feel I could block everyone else for eight minutes so took a series of normal exposures and tried to blend them to lose everyone. Some people barely moved (bottom left, woman under the whale and the people on seats) and some I reintroduced to give a better balance (couple on right).

Hope III by Ian, on Flickr

I bought a Fuji Xt-2 last January (2017) and have never used it. It has some lenses - 10-24, 16-55 and 50-140. Are they worth selling do you think? Or should I keep them?

I bought a Fuji Xt-2 last January (2017) and have never used it. It has some lenses - 10-24, 16-55 and 50-140. Are they worth selling do you think? Or should I keep them?
If you won't use it, sell them. If you will, keep them :)

Really like that. It has an almost brutalist look to it.
I'm thinking this is downstairs in the fuel tanks?
Yes, that's the one. I think anyone with a good eye could find lots of minimalist/brutalist shots around there. I noticed quite a few people taking pictures of odd angles and walls that would never have occurred to me but clearly they saw something.

I would try and stick to keeping them, then if your not using then sell. I am in the same boat, but with a brand new power booster grip for my X-T2 as it is still in the box unused.

I would try and stick to keeping them, then if your not using then sell. I am in the same boat, but with a brand new power booster grip for my X-T2 as it is still in the box unused.

I sold the power booster thing as I never ever used it. It added so much weight and packing difficulty just for a vertical option and a bit of unnecessary speed.

One from the Tate modern yesterday
Tate I by Ian, on Flickr

Really like this Fujigraph Sir, good composition, nicely exposed with detail in the highlights & shadows, and well presented in mono.(y)

George.

Thank you chaps, much appreciated.

Have got around to processing a few more - for a late decision on location and with doubts about the weather it turned out to be a very good day for keepers!

v2

Another “Excellent” moody Fujigraph Sir, love the soft tones, mist, and composition of this shot. “Keep Up The Good Work”.(y)

George.

A corker, love the composition and atmospheric feel to the image.

Another “Excellent” moody Fujigraph Sir, love the soft tones, mist, and composition of this shot. “Keep Up The Good Work”.(y)

George.

Thanks chaps.

Here's another from the day (a companion to the previous one with the orange leaves), which somebody has just ordered a 20x16 print of - the first print I've sold :)

v2

Last edited:

Gorgeous colours - but what else would we expect from the Fujis?!

The only crit I could offer on that is to focus on the tip of the bud since IMO that's the "eye" of the flower. I might lose the yellow flower to the right as well but it does add a little context rather than the shot being a flower portrait.

Congrats on that. lovely shot

Cheers Jonathan, was very surprised to be honest - a few people have enquired about prints before, but it's never really come to anything (mostly ending as soon as a price was mentioned funnily enough!)

Really starting to enjoy this foresty shizzle...

v2

Last edited:
Back