The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

We didn't get a huge amount of snow here last week (just the howling gales and icy roads!) but I found a little bit lingering in the hills yesterday and liked the contrast with the browns of the dead heather.

X-T2 and 18-55.

Snow Lingers in the Hiils
by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

We didn't get a huge amount of snow here last week (just the howling gales and icy roads!) but I found a little bit lingering in the hills yesterday and liked the contrast with the browns of the dead heather.

X-T2 and 18-55.

What a beautifully taken landscape shot Andrea, great composition and the gate then leads the viewer right into the shot.

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at the famous Alcatraz prison at San Francisco USA of one of the Shower Blocks. I've deliberately added a bit of grunge & tint to this snap during PP as I just kinda think it suits the scene.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/18th @ F2.8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Alcatraz Shower Block-90182 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

X-T2 and 18-55.

Good composition with interest from front to back.

Just a simple tourist type Fujigraph taken at the famous Alcatraz prison at San Francisco USA of one of the Shower Blocks. I've deliberately added a bit of grunge & tint to this snap during PP as I just kinda think it suits the scene.

X-T1, 18-55mm Lens, 1/18th @ F2.8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Alcatraz Shower Block-90182 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.
Interesting shot. Just emphasises the size of the place.

X-T2 and 18-55.

Very nice Fujigraph Ma'am, good foreground interest, some nice distant detail, and beautiful colours.(y)

George.

I reworked one of my early Fuji shots. Taken in North Wales about 18 months ago, with my X-T1 & 18-55 (which my son now has).

Mountain Stream
by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Welll-composed shot but, and I hope you don’t mind me saying, to me it looks a little over-sharpened. :)

Interesting shot. Just emphasises the size of the place.

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin' the time to reply.(y)

"The whole area is pretty large, very interesting, and kinda spooky":)

George.

I don't mind at all. I've gone back to the original and removed all of the sharpening. Does this look better?

Mountain Stream
by Steve Jelly, on Flickr
Yes, I think it does. Did you use the Dehaze function in LR by any chance? If so, it might have over-increased the clarity in the background.

Yes, I think it does. Did you use the Dehaze function in LR by any chance? If so, it might have over-increased the clarity in the background.
Or just pushed the Clarity slider too far. I agree, it's a nice shot but the haloing on the horizon looks odd to me.

Or just pushed the Clarity slider too far. I agree, it's a nice shot but the haloing on the horizon looks odd to me.

Now you mention it, I did use a graduated filter in LR, and that did throw in a large wedge of Dehaze. I'll be honest and say that I have fairly much taught myself LR & PS, and then I had to start again when I went over to Fuji :rolleyes:. What does surprise me is that the foliage as maintained it composure, even though this was shot 18 months ago on an X-T1.

I'll go back to the original RAW file and have another go later....

What a beautifully taken landscape shot Andrea, great composition and the gate then leads the viewer right into the shot.

Thanks, Dave, I don't often do landscapes so I was pleased with this result.

Good composition with interest from front to back.

Thank you, Stephen, much appreciated :)

Very nice Fujigraph Ma'am, good foreground interest, some nice distant detail, and beautiful colours.(y)

George.

Thank you, George, the dead heather was surprisingly photogenic :)

My last 2 from the snow...

v2

v2

Possible London Meet

I know there was a bit of interest, and I was looking at dates, but...

This weekend I could only do Saturday PM
Following weekend is the Photography show

So how does the 24th/25th sound?

By which time sunset should be around 6pm, so an afternoon session may be a good idea.

Anybody interested let me know and I'll generate another thread.

Steve

Possible London Meet

By which time sunset should be around 6pm, so an afternoon session may be a good idea.

Steve

I would be interested in this ...

Possible London Meet

Steve
I be intrested.

Loving the recent pics, especially Chris and Andrea!

Here's one from last week. I just had a long weekend in Cambridge which should yield a few pics even though the weather wasn't very helpful until this morning, but I've got an Oxford backlog to look through first!

Sheldonian in the snow
by David Hallett, on Flickr

Very nice Fugigraph Sir, good colour & exposure with the added human interest.(y)

“One tiny bit of crit’ if you don’t mind me saying, It’s a shame the statuette on the right of the three hasn’t got a bit of head room”

George.

Last edited:
Possible London Meet

Steve

I could do the 24th, all being well

Very nice Fugigraph Sir, good colour & exposure with the added human interest.(y)

“One tiny bit of crit’ if you don’t mind me saying, It’s a shame the statuette on the right of the three hasn’t got a bit of head room”

George.
I thought exactly the same myself, George! But there are limits to my Photoshop skills and I quite like it anyway :) Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Possible London Meet

Steve
I can't do the 24th. 25th might be possible, but don't let that affect the decision, because there's a decent chance I won't be able to make it all. Like the idea though!

Another from last week. Sometimes it's about craft, technique and meticulous attention to detail. Other days it's more about being willing to brave sub-zero temperatures and avoiding getting snow on the front filter :)

That's a nice shot that, so much texture in the snow, absolutely lovely....

Another from last week. Sometimes it's about craft, technique and meticulous attention to detail. Other days it's more about being willing to brave sub-zero temperatures and avoiding getting snow on the front filter :)

Mysterious river
by David Hallett, on Flickr

That’s a very nice Fujigraph Sir, ticks all yhe right boxes for me.(y)

George.

Great lines. Lovely image

That's a nice shot that, so much texture in the snow, absolutely lovely....

That’s a very nice Fujigraph Sir, ticks all yhe right boxes for me.(y)

George.

Sometimes a bit of both. ;)

Thank you all, very kind comments. I have a strong sentimental attachment to this place, it's a funny little corner but there's nowhere quite like it and I've never seen it in quite this way before :)

Looks more natural Chris.i loved your Nikon FF stuff also,i think its the colours on the Sony shots im not so taken with but its a personnel thing really

I think more of processing. I bet you if he shows you the Sony shot untouched it looks like this

I think more of processing. I bet you if he shows you the Sony shot untouched it looks like this
Yes after looking at Chri;s flikr,there are a lot of photos I really like but agreed the ones im not keen on are for my tastes over processed but each to their own.

Last edited:
Back