The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Is there any way on the X-T2 to let you shoot with only one memory card? Unless both slots have an SD card in them it wont let you shoot.

This is annoying if you're just wanting to snap a few shots but have left one of them at home after uploading onto the laptop. Cant seem to find any settings to change this.

If you have the camera data settings set to '''backup" it will need you to have both cards in. To change this: Menu (set up, spanner icon) > Save data set-up > Card slot setting (still image). Set this to anything but backup.

I think that a single card must be in slot 1 rather than 2 too.

ETA... Scrap that! A single card in slot 2 works too!

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a lady togger taking a snap of part of a memorial.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/350th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Togger (10)-03200 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking.,(y):fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Just a simple candid street style Fujigraph taken at Canterbury Kent UK of a lady togger taking a snap of part of a memorial.

X-T2, 55-200mm Lens, 1/350th @ F8, ISO=200, Handheld.
Togger (10)-03200 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.
I like the composition here George. I just wonder, looking at the haloes around the figures, whether you may have pushed the sharpening a notch too far?

I like the composition here George. I just wonder, looking at the haloes around the figures, whether you may have pushed the sharpening a notch too far?

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply & comment.(y)

“I doubt it, probably more to do with the contrast as very little sharpening was applied”

George.

I usually blame Flickr's resizing and resharpening for the halos but I see that it's just as obvious (if not more so) at the largest size.

One from a few days ago, St Paul's over the Millennium Bridge
Ghosts by Ian, on Flickr

That’s a very nice Fujigraph Sir, I don’t normally care much for this style of PP, but in this case I like the presentation very much. “Keep up the good work”.(y)

George.

I recently sold my Nikon full frame gear as it was lying unused for well over a year, collecting dust, having lost my passion. Decided this week to buy a second-hand X-T1 and headed out towards tower bridge to test it out. Had so much fun and I feel the spark could be coming back.

MoreLondon (1 of 1) by Ben Cremin, on Flickr

I recently sold my Nikon full frame gear as it was lying unused for well over a year, collecting dust, having lost my passion. Decided this week to buy a second-hand X-T1 and headed out towards tower bridge to test it out. Had so much fun and I feel the spark could be coming back.

Cracking shot Ben, hope you enjoy the camera.

That sir, is what Fuji is all about!!

Glad to hear you have caught Fuji-itus!!

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply & comment.(y)

“I doubt it, probably more to do with the contrast as very little sharpening was applied”

George.
It might be a result of darkening the blue of the sky then? No matter, it's a nice overall effect and works well around the building, just a bit distracting around the people.

Trying something very different here.

This was shot "through" a piece of chrome plated artwork outside St Pauls yesterday. Not sure it worked; I still like the idea, but I need to try again, taking my time and thinking more about the output.

I've also downloaded the free trial of Alien Skin Exposure 3, and used it as a plug in here. So that needs work also...

DSCF0959-Edit.jpg

To give you an idea, here's a SOOC image of the artwork in place....

DSCF0960 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Last edited:
Anybody have issues with the XT2 not syncing at 1/180's flash sync? ie black band down RHS, shoot at 1/125's and all is good.

Tried it with Bowens, Godox AD600 & Godox ring flash all with the same result.

Anybody have issues with the XT2 not syncing at 1/180's flash sync? ie black band down RHS, shoot at 1/125's and all is good.

Could be weak trigger batteries causing the issue.

If its a black band down one side (shortest edge) Sir, then its unlikely to be the flash sync as the shutter moves along the shortest part of the frame and not across the width of the frame so any black band from flash sync etc would be at the bottom edge of the frame (in view format). Black bands etc can appear when triggers are used due to the latency time between the activating trigger and the receiving trigger, but this would once again leave a black band at the lower edge of the frame (in view format) and not along the right hand edge. By lowering the shutter speed should eliminate this. (y)

George.

Cracking capture I still love my XT1 even though I have a XT2 and have just purchased a XH1 on Tuesday at the show :) :fuji:

Just a simple Macro/Close Up Fujigraph taken in my studio of an Apple Stalk using a 105mm Macro Lens with three Studio Flash heads, each with a largish Soft Box fitted against a Black Paper backdrop.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens, 125th @ F11, ISO-200, Multi Flash.
Apple Stalk-02889 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

George.

Excellent shot and lighting and some stunning detail (y)

Excellent shot and lighting and some stunning detail (y)

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply.(y)

George.

Quick snap with on camera flash of model Rebecca McGuire at todays photocall for the West Coast Cooler Belfast Fashion Week...

Fuji X-T1 with 50-140 lens at f4....

Rebecca by CFC Photo, on Flickr

Very nice portrait Fujigraph Sir, lovely pose & expression, with good colour, and nice and sharp where it should be.(y)

George.

Re-processed one of my favourites from a couple of years ago, St Monan’s Harbour which is famous (with photographers at least) for its zig-zag breakwater:

St Monan’s Harbour Breakwater, St Monans, Fife (B&W) Fuji X-Pro 2 with 16-55 f2.8 Lightroom CC Mobile & Affinity Pro (iPad) by Chris Mitchell, on Flickr
I really need to get here. Just a bit of a slog from the West coast. Is there necessarily a best time to go?

Love the mono edit btw [emoji108]

Back