The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

Just a simple Macro/Close Up Fujigraph taken of a Micro Moth.

X-T1, 105mm Micro Nikkor (D) Lens Plus Full Set Of Ext Tubes, 1/180th @ F11, ISO-200, Modified Ring Flash, Handheld.
Micro Moth (3)-02338 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):fuji:

George.

Another piece of outstanding macro photography George always enjoy you macro work best :) keep them coming (y)

Another piece of outstanding macro photography George always enjoy you macro work best :) keep them coming (y)

Thank you kindly Sir, I sure do appreciate you takin’ the time to reply and the lovely comments.(y)

George.

Managed to get to the bluebell wood near me for a couple of hours

XT2 56mm 1.2

DSCF7015 by Nick Brennan, on Flickr
Nicely shot! We’ve neither the Bluebells nor the sun yet :(. And there’s no beautiful ladies like that hanging around the bus stop either.

Nicely shot! We’ve neither the Bluebells nor the sun yet :(. And there’s no beautiful ladies like that hanging around the bus stop either.

This is literally behind the local rubbish tip. It’s crazy there!

Managed to get to the bluebell wood near me for a couple of hours

XT2 56mm 1.2

DSCF7015 by Nick Brennan, on Flickr

"Cracking" portrait Fujigraph Sir, well composed, great use of aperture giving a nice OOF background, good colour and the model has a lovely pose & expression.(y)

George.

"Cracking" portrait Fujigraph Sir, well composed, great use of aperture giving a nice OOF background, good colour and the model has a lovely pose & expression.(y)

George.

Thank you as always for your considered reply George.

Has anyone had issues with camera raw not opening your files? I am getting a message box telling me to make sure i've got the latest version of camera raw installed and even after the update the files won't open from my xt2 or xt20. Any ideas? The chat thing on their website is closed at this time.

Yes, that's very lovely - in fact it is quite beautiful

@Rosedalelad Andrew says it all. Beautiful, well-exposed and composed.

Stunning. Just stunning

Beautiful capture and a lovely piece of work Andrea (y)

Thank you very much for the lovely comments; much appreciated.

Very nice Fujigraph Ma'am, well composed, with some nice light & colour with a lovely sky.(y)

"Maybe a tad dark in the shadow areas for me, but I guess that's the effect you wanted"

George.

Thank you, George. Yes, I wanted to leave the headland and pier quite dark to contrast with the sunset colours, although - as you can see from the one below taken slightly later and processed differently - even when there is more detail elsewhere the headland is fully in shadow at sunset.

17 Beautiful by Andrea Thrussell, on Flickr

Guys sorted my camera raw problem. I have been using the last version of that and photoshop till now. Files opening without issue now that I've updated.

I have been really thinking about moving from the 16 to the 16-55 for a while now just because it gives me some reach but shooting the 16 last night doing some Edward Weston type stuff I keep thinking how much I'd miss it. It actually doubles as a semi macro. It's an amazing lens. I'll post a picture or two later.

That's a great photo.

I know you have a 1.4 t/c - I wonder if you have ever used it with the 80mm? I believe the two are compatible.

If so; how has it worked out.

I haven't had the chance Danny, so I wouldn't know what it's like. I have fitted them together, but had nothing to shoot, so put it all away again :D

Last edited:
So, I was in Gloucestershire again today (we're looking for a new house, had enough of London) and came across a village called Broadoak on the West side of the Severn. Lovely little picnic spot & car park, so couldn't resist getting that 10-24 out again....

DSCF1415 by Steve Jelly, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is probably a daft question; but...

I have a couple of Fuji bodies and a few Fuji lenses that I have never updated the software since I got them.

I understand that you copy the downloaded software to a SD card and install the software into the camera and lens from the card.

My question is; does the capacity (or any other aspect) of the card matter when updating the software?

Thanks.

This is probably a daft question; but...

I have a couple of Fuji bodies and a few Fuji lenses that I have never updated the software since I got them.

I understand that you copy the downloaded software to a SD card and install the software into the camera and lens from the card.

My question is; does the capacity (or any other aspect) of the card matter when updating the software?

Thanks.

The firmware isn't large so pretty much any card will do, just have the camera with a fully charged battery and follow the Fuji instructions!!

Back